Flying High With Lugia

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey PokeBeach readers, Ciaran here with another deck breakdown for you today! It feels like this season has flown by for me, and I only have a few tournaments left before I have to shift my attention towards Worlds! For the time being, I am still focused on our current format, and the meta has started to settle. Charizard ex has proven itself to be the clear number one, but no other deck has really emerged as a clear number two. To compete in this format, you need to be able to hold your own against the popular dragon, and today I want to cover one: Lugia VSTAR.
If you look at my tournament results from last season, you can see I was quite the fan of Lugia VSTAR! Archeops has one of the strongest abilities ever...

Continue reading...

People have been dissing off Lugia vstar too early, I feel like. It can be inconsistent, but the single prizes in the deck that can ohko the zard should not be dismissed. Way to go playing the second best deck and good luck taking on the BDIF!

People have been dissing off Lugia vstar too early, I feel like. It can be inconsistent, but the single prizes in the deck that can ohko the zard should not be dismissed. Way to go playing the second best deck and good luck taking on the BDIF!
Just wait until Lugia meets Dragapult.

I think the inconsistency turns a lot of players off from the deck. But you're right, any deck that has OHKO potential with a single prizer should never be dismissed!

I have been playing lugia vstar exclusively. In my list i added 3 copies of hand trimmer and 2 mortys conviction. With those cards i have consistently been able to get 2 archeops on my bench by my turn 2 about 85% of the time and by turn three in all but the worst possible hands. Just food for thought for any fellow lugia players out there

lost vacuum is still here, and might be a good addition to Lugia vstar decks with survival cast coming in, too.
My problem with vacuum is we don't have a way to guarantee draw it when we need it. You are probably better off just gusting around the cape

I have been playing lugia vstar exclusively. In my list i added 3 copies of hand trimmer and 2 mortys conviction. With those cards i have consistently been able to get 2 archeops on my bench by my turn 2 about 85% of the time and by turn three in all but the worst possible hands. Just food for thought for any fellow lugia players out there
The hand trimmers are interesting, but how do you get hands larger than 5 consistently?

The hand trimmers are interesting, but how do you get hands larger than 5 consistently?
Typically turn one i only lay down a single active when setting up to play. With my draw for turn this puts me at 7 cards, allowing me to play hand trimmer and discard 1 archeops. It also has the bonus of putting my opponent off balance later in the game as they will be more likely to play cards so they dont go to waste. As for the other archeops i either use ultra ball professor's research or discard it with morty. As a side note in later turns especially when your opponent has a full bench you can morty to draw up to 5 then play hand trimmer to burn what you dont need. Takes a bit of practice but it works well

Back