• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gardevoir/Swoobat

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
Once I saw the Swoobat for BC, I knew I had to make a milling deck for it.

Pokemon
3-Ralts
3Gardevior
3-Woobat
3-Swoobat
3-Nincada
3-Shedinja
1-Sigilygph
(19)

Energy
11-{P}

Trainers
Items
2-Pokemon Catchers
4-Rare Candy
1-Tool Scrapper
4-Level Ball
3-Super Rod
1-Switch
2-Rocky Helm
2-Rescue Scarf
2-Exp. Share
(20)
Supporters
3-N
1-Skyla
2-Hugh
2-Cheren
Aspec
Computer Search

Needs a good nickname too. xD

Very interesting deck concept: Swoobat + Gardevoir! Creative. Very cool!

It appears to me that you have 2 different strategies within this deck list: 1) deck milling with Swoobat, and 2) damage dropping with Shedinja (prize denial too). Imho, Shedinja does not help your stated objective of deck milling. So, I'd suggest the following:

-3 Nincada,
-3 Shedinja,
-1 Sigilyph (DrX presumably). In the current game format with "big" HP Poké, Shedinja dropping only 3 damage counters as an effect of its attack is not inflicting sufficient damage fast enough. Sigilyph will not "slow down" many players, because he/she will just Catcher around it and KO your other Poké.

+3 Aggron,
+2 Lairon,
+3 Aron. The DrX Aggron has an Ability, Toppling Wind, that mills (3 cards) your opponent's deck when you put it into play from your hand! By utilizing this Poké, you can mill via Aggron's Ability in addition to milling with Swoobat's attack in the same turn! By the way, if you manage to evolve multiple Aggrons during the same turn, your opponent discards 3 cards per Aggron!!!

+1 Woobat,
+1 Swoobat. This line constitutes your main attacker; so, I'd suggest maxing this line out. This also increases your chances of starting with Woobat. Swoobat is also "fragile" only having 80 HP; these will be 1HKOd in many cases.

-1 Tool Scrapper. A sole Tool Scrapper is not that helpful, even if you are playing against a Garbodor deck.

-4 Level Ball,
+4 Pokémon Communication. These will be more useful to help you get any Poké you need.

-1 Super Rod. 2 should now be sufficient.

+2 Switch. You'll need to get the big dino out of the active position at times in order to attack with Swoobat.

-2 Rocky Helm. The resulting 2 damage counters after attacking your Helmeted Poké has minimal impact.

-2 Rescue Scarf. The 4-4 Swoobat line should be sufficient. Plus, these could be Scrappered off.

-2 Exp. Share. This would yield minimal advantage: a player could just KO the Poké with the attached Exp. Share and have no energy transfer or the Exp. Share could be Scrappered off.

+1 N. The strategy is not to take prizes; so, you'll want to maximize Ns in order to disrupt your opponent's hand.

-2 Hugh,
+2 Professor Juniper. You need stronger card draw. Chances are your opponent will not ever have a "large" hand since you are milling his/her deck.

+2 Cherren. You also need more card draw too.

-2 P energy,
+2 Devolution Spray. This will help you re-use Aggron's Ability, as well as reduce your dependency upon P energy to fuel Swoobat's Jet Woofer attack.

After some playtesting, if you find a 3-3 Swoobat line is sufficient, then this would open up 2 more slots that you could use for card draw and/or search or even another Devolution Spray.

Hope these comments help.

If you are doing Aggrons, check out devolution spray so as to use toppling wind more. Say if you have two lairons on bench, two aggrons on hand, and two devolution sprays, you could put aggron 1 on lairon 1 and aggron 2 on lairon 2, then devolve them and do aggron 1 on lairon 2 and aggron 2 on lairon 1. That way, you're discarding 12 cards before you even attack, not 6.

Mewtwomaster said:
If you are doing Aggrons, check out devolution spray so as to use toppling wind more. Say if you have two lairons on bench, two aggrons on hand, and two devolution sprays, you could put aggron 1 on lairon 1 and aggron 2 on lairon 2, then devolve them and do aggron 1 on lairon 2 and aggron 2 on lairon 1. That way, you're discarding 12 cards before you even attack, not 6.

Maybe you should at least read the title, this is not an Aggron deck.

idk if Shedninja is needed in this deck, but I would consider 1-2 Mewtwo EX as a back-up plan to KO other Mewtwos because they will really rip your deck apart.

Keeper of Night said:
Mewtwomaster said:

Maybe you should at least read the title, this is not an Aggron deck.

idk if Shedninja is needed in this deck, but I would consider 1-2 Mewtwo EX as a back-up plan to KO other Mewtwos because they will really rip your deck apart.

I know. But the post before that one mentioned aggrons, and if they were to adopt that idea of aggrons into their deck then that would have been helpful.

Mewtwomaster said:
Don't think you can evolve a devolved Aggron in the same turn: Devolution Spray specifically states, "Devolve one of your evolved Poké and put the highest stage evolution into your hand. (That Poké can't evolve this turn.)" If you could, that would be simply broken!

Mewtwomaster said:
I know. But the post before that one mentioned aggrons, and if they were to adopt that idea of aggrons into their deck then that would have been helpful.
Ok, I see it now. Sorry.

TuxedoBlack said:
+3 Aggron,
+2 Lairon,
+3 Aron. The DrX Aggron has an Ability, Toppling Wind, that mills (3 cards) your opponent's deck when you put it into play from your hand! By utilizing this Poké, you can mill via Aggron's Ability in addition to milling with Swoobat's attack in the same turn! By the way, if you manage to evolve multiple Aggrons during the same turn, your opponent discards 3 cards per Aggron!!!
How does Aggron work with Gardevoir? It really doesn't. Yes, it has a good ability, but decks really need to focus on 1 strategy to work well. Aggron only works with Durant, while Gardeovir only works with Swoobat. They are completely different decks.

I don't like the idea of having two stage 2 Pokemon in the same deck. (Aggron&Gardevior) I feel like it moves way to slow.
I have Shedinja in for Set-up fodder and Sigilygph to stall against EX cards.
Shedinja having free retreat helps in many occasions.

I have played against Terrakion/Garbaodor/Landorous twice. And, both were a win

Keeper of Night said:
How does Aggron work with Gardevoir? It really doesn't. Yes, it has a good ability, but decks really need to focus on 1 strategy to work well. Aggron only works with Durant, while Gardeovir only works with Swoobat. They are completely different decks.
Gardevoir is for Swoobat. Aggron does not work with Gardevoir at all; it's not meant to. Aggron supports and enhances MagnumZ's deck milling strategy.

Aggron-Durant is also another deck whose strategy is deck milling too. Aggron can be used with Swoobat too. BOTH Poké mills decks; so, they can work together.

MagnumZ said:
I don't like the idea of having two stage 2 Pokemon in the same deck. (Aggron&Gardevior) I feel like it moves way to slow.
Understood. As you probably know, deck building is greatly influenced by "playing style." So, if you feel more comfortable running only 1 stage 2 line, then that's right for you. That being the case, you might want to consider using some Hammers to slow your opponent further down while you get setup.

TuxedoBlack said:
Mewtwomaster said:
Don't think you can evolve a devolved Aggron in the same turn: Devolution Spray specifically states, "Devolve one of your evolved Poké and put the highest stage evolution into your hand. (That Poké can't evolve this turn.)" If you could, that would be simply broken!

yes u can if u cross them :)
like aggron line 1 - 1 and 2 - 2 , devolve and go 1 - 2 and 2 - 1
that is a legal play, because u not evolve with the same aggron and the plays on TCGO confirm that its possible, u do the same in an ninetales/amoongus deck

Nicor123 said:
yes u can if u cross them :)
like aggron line 1 - 1 and 2 - 2 , devolve and go 1 - 2 and 2 - 1
that is a legal play, because u not evolve with the same aggron and the plays on TCGO confirm that its possible, u do the same in an ninetales/amoongus deck
TCGO is wrong in this case, you cannot evolve ANY pokemon that you used de-evolution spray on already. This means you cannot evolve the Lairon again that turn and had nothing to do with the Aggron at all.

I see what u did there.
But the point of Devo spray is you evolve, toppling wind, and immediately devolve again.
But in any case, it's not the best idea. I'd take that out for:
+2 Pokemon Catcher - necessary in all decks
+1 Tool Scrapper - Garbodor wrecks you
+3 Crushing Hammer - needed in all mill decks
+2 Enhanced Hammer - see above

Back