Gears of War...how do u like it?

ur choice..do u like it or not?

• Total voters

DonZaloog88

Aspiring Trainer
give ur opinion about gears of war...if u ask me...i think its pretty cool...nah...good...nah...AWESOME!..but forget about my opinion...tell me urs...(even if u dont have it)

The campaign was wayyyyyy too short for me to enjoy it. Not only that, but Insane difficulty wasn't even all that difficult.
The Multiplayer has a good base, but it needs a whole lot of updates to be really good. The Shotgun is overly powerful, the Boomshot is horrible, the Lancer is infinitely inferior to everything (which it shouldn't be), and the Hammer of Dawn needs to be taken out of the game completely. It is too powerful at higher skill levels because it makes cover useless.
The Multiplayer also needs a ton more options. Capture the Flag or some kind of objective like that would make it a ton better, but as it is now, pure killing gets boring. Not to mention, the rounds idea just makes the game too choppy and quick. One long slayer game such as in Halo would be preferred. They also need more maps. The ones they have now are actually fine (with the exception of Escalation, which is the worst map in all of multiplayer games), but they need more.
There are a few high points of this game, however. The Sniper is good (although I don't like it because I'm used to Halo sniping), and the Torque Bow rapes hardcore. I also like the chainsaw. I know it is overused and it is a noob tatic, but it balances out the close-range instant kill that I have a huge problem with in Halo. The pistol is also nice, so is the magnum.

That being said, I don't like GoW as it is.

well, i kinda have to agree with ya...the campaign is kinda short and the hamer weapon should be taken out from the game cause like u said...theres no point in covering ur self...but u can also run away from it which makes it kinda scary to do cause u dont know where its gonna come from next...but GoW is not the worst game ever, u make it sound like it though...i heard u comparing halo to GoW a few times and i think since u keep comparing it to halo...stick with halo...maybe ur jus not ready for it yet, cause i got halo also...and im geting halo3(which will be awesome by the way)(waaaay better than Gow)...but like i said...STICK WITH HALO.

OH...AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE PEOPLE!

DonZaloog88 said:
give ur opinion about gears of war...if u ask me...i think its pretty cool...nah...good...nah...AWESOME!..but forget about my opinion...tell me urs...(even if u dont have it)

I want to get it but it is only for the Xbox and I only have PS2.:( Is it any good? Some are saying positive others saying negative.

well...i guess u should get an xbox360 then
what im tryin to say is dat unless u buy it u wont know....i think its pretty good. THE GAME IS AWESOME! hey whicker...do u have xboxlive? if u dont...now i know y ur sayin it kinda sucks. but if u do....well then i guess u dont like it...or my opinion...u must suck at it.

DonZaloog88 said:

Well I would but then I would have to get all the Xbox games and then I would have to try and get rid of my PS2 because I would only have money to take care of one system (you know buying games, memory cards, etc.). But I guess I also want to check out other titles for the Xbox such as Halo and Dead Rising but then I wouldn't be able to play things like Killzone either.

well...the really cool thing about the xbox generation is that u dont need memory cards so thats like 1 more thing less to buy u know...and its ur choice what game u wanna buy...jus buy the new ones...or do the same thing that my friend is about to do like sell his ps2 for the 360...

DonZaloog88 said:
well...the really cool thing about the xbox generation is that u dont need memory cards so thats like 1 more thing less to buy u know...

Really? That's pretty cool I guess I should start saving up my job money and get that and sell my PS2 for some extra cash so I can get a few games.

DonZaloog88 said:
what im tryin to say is dat unless u buy it u wont know....i think its pretty good. THE GAME IS AWESOME! hey whicker...do u have xboxlive? if u dont...now i know y ur sayin it kinda sucks. but if u do....well then i guess u dont like it...or my opinion...u must suck at it.

Yes I have Xbox Live.
Anyway, I don't like how you make it seem as if you HAVE to like Gears of War. Because I mean seriously, why even post this thread if you are immediately going to shoot down anyone that is going to disagree with you. It isn't because I suck at it or because I don't have Xbox Live, it is because it needs major updates to be good.

And yes, I'm sticking with Halo, the better game.

BTW, I doubt you read my above post, because I clearly give pros to the game, so I don't know where you get the idea that I think it completely sucks.

The game was only seven hours long but the online play is cool.
Also Gears of wars is a great game but a much better shooting game would be halo. I sure some people will agree with me.

DonZaloog88 said:
i guess ur right...sorry...u might even be better than me in that game but again...sorry man

No, dude. I was in a terrible mood when I posted my above posts, so I was being mean. Gears is not near as terrible as I made it out to be (although I'm still not a big fan of it personally, although all of my friends love it) and I was mean and sarcastic to you when you were just trying to defend your point. I'm sorry.

no prob...but u were kinda right...i did shoot u down cause of ur opinion.Anyway...halo is an awesome game also..maybe even better than gears of war.

Its an okay game. I don't love it. Chainswaw is cool, but could have been better. I think its a bit hard. (I've only played it once) The graphics make it kind of hard to focus with so much detail, lol. Short, 7 hours !? Go back to your RPGs and Pokemon games if you think thats short. I still respect everyone's opinion, though.

Back