Generations a reprint set? How will this affect rotation?

OmniPoke

Aspiring Trainer
So now we know that Generations is majorly a reprint set, I'm beginning to think that means we won't get a reprint set for a long time coming in order to keep up with the Japanese sets that come out quarterly. Regarding rotation, I think we will see a PHF-On rotation for standard in September but it gives way to all manor of rotations for the year after since we don't know how this Generations set will factor into the usual 3-4 sets rotated a year! It also means we may not even get a PHF-On rotation as I first predicted!

What do you guys think, will we see a change in the rotation in a couple of years time or will it be PHF and then BREAKThrough-On with Generations legal for the next 3 years? Or something completely different

Didn't someone already make a rotation speculation set?

Don't read too much into reprints/reprint sets: Generations especially is doubling as an "entry point" for new players while celebrating the 20th anniversary of Pokémon as a whole. Many cards in it are likely reprinted for that reason: to make it easier for new players to gain access to them. Also notice how it is release just a few weeks after XY;BREAKpoint; it isn't going to affect quarterly set release schedules!

It matters for the long term as it means yet another printing of several cards (that I wish would leave the format) to rotate out, but you don't have enough data to properly speculate on the 2016/2017 initial card pool at this time. ;)

Back