Gengar Prime/ Metagross SV

Superwolfe

Aspiring Trainer
So I was thinking, what about gengar prime with metagross? Use mesprits and crobats, seeker and omastar MD. You beat gyrados with omastar or if you lost zone regice early, plus you can play miasma valley and make any non psychic take 20, so they cant even play magikarp. Beats SP with the SP bases having 60 HP, and the X's 90, and once you lost zone 1 it gets alot easier. The biggest issue I see is getting 2 stage 2's up, thoughts?

Gengar (Prime)
Metagross (SV)

Well, there's another idea like this. It uses Metagross SV, Maisma Valley, and Absol Prime. It's a bit easier to set up. The thing is, I like the idea of Gengar Prime. Get rid of six Pokemon with it active, and then Lost Zone for the win. Plus, you can Cursed Droplets to knock out some stuff. That's interesting. So yeah, an idea is to start with Absol Prime. Otherwise, I like it.

Im trying to go in a different direction actually, assuming lost world doesn't come out. What I was saying was cursed droplets KO's anything with 60 HP or less with metagross. Use crobat G and poketurns if needed, and just cripple them. With omastar you can either get rid of there evolutions with your first attack or KO there basics, crippling them either way. Use seeker to put omastar into your hand, reuse crobats, heal gengar, and put pokemon into your opponents hand.

Oh, well, that's a good idea. But, if Lost World does come out (It will...) then one or two could make a useful addition to this deck, just in case.

The Metal Gengar deck, from the RR-days, actually worked a lot like what you're describing. Instead of utilizing Gengar Prime, it instead used Gengar SF. It was basically used as a tech killer; Metagross would end up bringing any pixie dropped down to 50 max HP, in perfect range for a Shadow Room OHKO, and you'd basically keep Shadow Room sniping. Miasma Valley wouldn't even be needed (but it'd be a nice touch - oh yeah, and it stops Gyara unless a Combee or Contest Hall is dropped).

It'd probably work a lot better today what with the Triumphant cards around. In summation, I'd recommend using Gengar SF instead of Gengar Prime for this deck idea (SF is used for quick snipe damage, whereas Prime is used mostly for disruption factor and insane Compound Pain attacks), and you should be fine. Or better yet, run 2 SF and 1 Prime, so you get the best of both. (And don't forget your Spiritombs.)

I like this idea, might try it my self since fun and good gengar decks are hard to get and make. 1 or 2 SF gengar might be good if you aim on getting k.o s but keep at least 1 gengar prime since it greatly aids you in sp matchups.

Remember to play seeker wisely since the opponent can take up your next target so you don't get a k.o that turn.

This is a good idea; you should probably add in a Gengar SF and Gengar Lv.X to make the spread even more damaging. Make sure to use Spiritomb as a starter to set up, since the 2 Stage 2s are tough to set up, and always beware of counter stadiums...
Oh, and you might want to get those Gengar before their price skyrockets. It's already pretty high, but once LostGar gets really popular, it'll be the new Luxray GL LV.X.

Back