• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

GENGARCHOMP (Gengar & Garchomp C)

xPOKEFREAK72x

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everybody.
Please help me with this deck to make it the best it can be for Regional Championships and possibly Grinders for World Championships. Post any comments/questions/changes you have regarding my list. Thanks.

Pokemon (21):
3-2-2-1 Gengar (SF-TR-SF-AR)
2-2 Garchomp C (PL)
2 Crobat G (PL)
1 Froslass GL (RR)
1 Toxicroak G (DP41)
1 Mr. Mime (CL)
2 Uxie (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Unown Q (MD)

T/S/S (25):
3 TGI G-105 Poketurn (PL)
2 TGI G-109 SP Radar (RR)
2 TGI G-101 Energy Gain (PL)
2 Rare Candy (UL)
1 Energy Exchanger (UD)
1 Luxury Ball (SF)
1 Premier Ball (SF)
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy (PL)
3 Pokemon Collector (HS)
3 Bebe's Search (RR)
2 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS)
1 Aaron's Collection (RR)

Energy (14):
5 Psychic Energy (HS)
4 Double Colorless Energy (HS)
3 Rescue Energy (TR)
2 Call Energy (MD)

Total Cards (60)

Strategy:
Get out Garchomp C Lv. X (SV) as soon as possible, and start sniping your opponents Pokemon, while building up Gengar (SF) on your bench. Use Crobat G (PL) drops to get that extra 10 damage on a Pixie prior to Gengar's (SF) attack. Use Blaziken FB (SV) to bring up your opponents benched Dialga G Lv. X (PL) or Vileplume (UD) and "kill it with fire."

Options:
Here are some cards I could use in my deck:
1 Toxicroak (DP41)- Helps with Luxray GL Lv. X (RR)
1 Gengar Prime (TR)- Spread with this then snipe with Garchomp C Lv. X (SV) or Gengar (SF)

Changes:
-1 Crobat G (PL)
+ 1 Gengar (TR)
-1 Gengar (TR)
+ 1 Mr. Mime (CL)
-1 Blaziken FB (SV)
-1 Blaziken FB Lv. X (SV)
-1 Fire Energy (HS)
-1 Palmer's Contribution (SV)
+1 Crobat G (PL)
+1 Froslass GL (RR)
+1 Toxicroak G (DP41)
+1 Rescue Energy (TR)

Thank you in advance.

It's funny you posted this, because I made a lostgar deck and I'm slowing transforming it into a deck that resembles this haha

hmmm I'm a sucker for the lost zone, so I'd be prone to adding Gengar Prime TR in there. and the beauty of him would be you can put 4 counters anywhere instead of just one, so it could finish one off and start on another at the same time. and throwing them into the lost zone by doing that is icing on the cake. Gengar SF does have the chance of doing 6 counters, but the problem is that you only get to choose one pokemon instead of having the option of putting all counter on one or spreading them. Also, if they don't have a poke-power, then 3 counters isn't as good as 4. for that reason, I think 1 Gengar SF and 1 Gengar Prime TR would be ideal. by the time you get to the point of choosing which gengar to grab from your deck, you'll having insight of what kind of deck you're up against, so you'd know if you're going to face one strong hitter and/or poke-powered pokemon (to choose Gengar SF), or if they have a variety deck (to choose Genger Prime TR).

so my suggestion would be:
-1 Gengar (SF)
+1 Gengar Prime (TR)

P.S. since you are running with 3 lv. X's, I'd consider having 2 premier balls instead of 1. Bebe's search is great for finding any pokemon, but it's nice to be able to use a trainer to get your lv. X then still have your supporter slot free, which could help you in so many ways. Only problem there would be trainer lock decks, as well as being limited to only finding a lv. X pokemon. So it's just food for thought.

P.P.S. why do you have 1-1 Blaziken FB (SV)? Is he a backup plan in case setting up Gengar doesn't work?

Thanks Ghost Bear.
Wow, I made a LostGar deck also and I transformed it into this lol.
I was thinking about adding in a Gengar Prime, but I didn't really want to take out the Gengar SF. Gengar SF is one of the primary attackers since it can use Poltergeist. I might take out a Crobat G for it, what do you think?
A second Premier ball might be OK, however, SP Radar does the trick in getting my SP Lv. X's. I would just use the Premier ball for Gengar Lv. X then.
About the BFBX, read the strategy to see why I included him ;).

I think -1 Crobot G +1 Gengar Prime would work great. 3-2-3 would be good especially with 2 rare candy. have you thought about adding a mr. mime for trick reveal to boost potential for gengar SF?
Ah right, Sp Radar would do the trick...forgot those lv. X's are SP's lol so you're absolutely right there.
oh duh, I guess I missed that last part of the strategy. yeah, BFBX would be sick against vileplum to get rid of it quick and free up your trainers.

I really like this deck. I'm gonna keep it in mind while continuing the transformation of my gengar deck.

since garchomp is really the only one benefiting from the DCE's, I'd take one of those out. 3 would probably be fine.

I tested out Gengar Prime and it isn't all that great. I think I'll switch it out with the Mr. mime.
Also, since I try to get Garchomp out ASAP, 4 DCE is a must, since I can't search for them.

true and true. well then yeah, if gengar prime didn't work then that would be a good switch out for mr. mime. let me know if it works

Mr. Mime works surprisingly well. However, there are times I am in need in another Crobat G. Any suggestions on that?

sweet! glad mr. mime helped :)

you're already stretched pretty thin to really take away from anything except for Cyrus' Conspiracy. so that would be my suggestion:

-1 Cyrus' Conspiracy
+1 Crobat G

Hmmm....
Cyrus's Conspiracy is a must have in this deck (as I only run 6 basic energies). I can't really think of anything else to take out except Unown Q perhaps.

true. but then unown q is very helpful to switch off a pokemon you may start with but don't want to attack with (mr. mime, uxie, azelf or crobat G).

very tough choice.

do you need all 3 poketurns?

@ Ghost Bear- True about the Unown...
I actually do need all 3 PokeTurns, since I can pick up a harmed BFBX, an active GCX who used Dragon Rush (which I could use to level up one on my bench to use Dragon Rush again), and Crobat G (for drops). I might take out a Cyrus, but I need a little more playtesting.

@ PHRESHKHID- I feel this deck is superior, as I can snipe with Garchomp C Lv. X to KO Uxies, Azelf, etc. and use Gengar's Shadow Room to OHKO a Spiritomb TR. Taking easy prizes like that can win you the game :).

Gengarchomp (or GarGar as some people call it :p) focuses more on attacking Pokemon your opponent's Benched Pokemon for easy prizes. With cards like Crobat G which places 10 damage, Gengar's Shadow Room which does places 6 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokemon, and Garchomp C Lv.X which does 80 damage to any one of your opponent's Pokemon, it's not hard to take a prize with this deck.

I wouldn't say this deck is better than Vilegar, but I wouldn't say it's worse either. While Vilegar is slower, it's just really annoying for your opponent to play against since Vileplume Trainer locks, which improves a nice chunk of Gengar's matchups.

xPOKEFREAK72x said:
I actually do need all 3 PokeTurns, since I can pick up a harmed BFBX, an active GCX who used Dragon Rush (which I could use to level up one on my bench to use Dragon Rush again), and Crobat G (for drops). I might take out a Cyrus, but I need a little more playtesting.

@ PHRESHKHID- I feel this deck is superior, as I can snipe with Garchomp C Lv. X to KO Uxies, Azelf, etc. and use Gengar's Shadow Room to OHKO a Spiritomb TR. Taking easy prizes like that can win you the game :).

Would take two shadow Rooms for Spiritomb, Shadow Room does 60 to Poke Powers not bodies. I do agree that you might want to include another crobat or max out turns so that you can pick off a pixie a turn tho while only using one energy instead of discarding a DCE every time with Garchomp

Maccavetti said:
xPOKEFREAK72x said:

Would take two shadow Rooms for Spiritomb, Shadow Room does 60 to Poke Powers not bodies. I do agree that you might want to include another crobat or max out turns so that you can pick off a pixie a turn tho while only using one energy instead of discarding a DCE every time with Garchomp

You're thinking of Spiritomb AR. The TR one has a poke-power :)

Back