Get Back Into Anime to Learn New Pokemon?

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder
I haven't watched Pokemon since Generation 1 or 2, and I was under the impression that the different Generation Anime's had different lead characters (those different [hot] chick trainers), but apparently it is still Ash? o_0

I kinda don't like Pikachu, I think, not sure... But I do think Pikachu being the only Pokemon EVER used in the Anime (from what I hear), could get extremely boring..

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver/Crystal, because I am poor and cannot afford a DS JUST to play Pokemon... -.-
And as such I pretty much have no idea what some of the newer Generation Pokemon are and what not, aside from the few I've seen after recently getting into the TCG (a week ago.)

So I think I need to educate myself as to the newer Generation Pokemon/StarterPokemon, and I was thinking I could maybe use the Anime to do that. Would that be wise? What would you guys recommend?

Or maybe I should just watch Let's Plays of Black/White or something... >_<

The Animé is good for stuff like pronunciations, in-game (and Animé-only) locations, moves and how Pokémon evolve (AG and DP only as very few evolved in BW). There are however, a lot of episodes, as AG and DP are nearly 200 episodes long each and BW will be between 140-145 episodes.

My heart literally broke when I read that you couldn't afford to play Pokémon :'(

If you wanna educate yourself on the Pokémon from other generation then the anime is a great place to start.

[private] Part of the post hidden for advertising. I sent a PM. *Drohn
You can also use sites like serebii.net and bulbapedia for references.
[/private]

I think the anime is kind of fun for getting to understand the individual Pokémon species as more than just types with certain moves and a single sprite. Actually getting to see the Pokémon move and interact is pretty cool. I think that I have more appreciation for Gen 1 Pokémon because I've seen the Gen 1 anime and none of the others, except a few episodes of Black and White, which mostly just served to increase my love for Oshawott. I do plan on watching the 6th gen show when it comes out, mostly just because of this.

After looking through Wiki to jog my memory, the last Pokemon games I remember playing are:
Emerald
and Diamond (Though I only played a little bit, on an Emulator, before getting disheartened that I wouldn't be able to get Eevee until MUCH later in the game. So I stopped playing it... >_<)

I am not sure how the TCG game works, but the anime (although I recommend watching it, because it's a nice show) does not always follow in-game rules. If the TCG follows the same rules, the anime might only confuse you. If you just want to get to know the Pokémon, and don't mind the abilities/move sets/effectiveness of attacks the anime is a great way to get to know them.

Back