• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Giratina EX / Vileplume

TCSOCCER13

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Giratina EX (AOR)
  • 3 Oddish (AOR)
  • 3 Gloom (AOR)
  • 3 Vileplume (AOR)
  • 2 Wubbofett (PHF)
  • 3 Unown (AOR)
Trainers/Supporters/Items: 29
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 AZ
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Switch
Energy: 13
  • 4 DCE Energy
  • 4 DDE Energy
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy
Strategy:

The strategy here is to get vileplume up turn 1-2 for the item lock then hope that you can attatch enough energy to start hitting with Giratina-EX. The Wubbofett is there to act as your own block to vileplume so you can use items durimg your turn. Then when you're all done and ready to attack you either switch it out to or you AZ him up onto your hand. Wubbofett can also clean up late game from the Giratina-EX damage. Unown is for additional draw support when under item lock. Any and all feedback is welcome.
---------------------
Giratina-EX – Dragon – HP170
Basic Pokemon

First attack / Ability blocked, but seems to be something like “Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to ___ by ___.”

[?] Chaos Veil: 100 damage. Your opponent can’t play any Pokemon Tools, Stadium, or Special Energy from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Vileplume – Grass – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gloom

Ability: Frustrating Pollen
As long as this Pokemon is in play, both you and your opponent can’t play Item cards.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 70 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: 3

Unown – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

Giant Plant Forest – Trainer
Stadium

Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

I am makings deck just like this and here are some edits I would make to your deck.

-2 Wobbufett
-3 Unown
-1 Professor Birch's Observations
-3 Level Ball
-1 Sacred Ash
-2 Double Colorless Energy
-1 Pyschic Energy
+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Ace Trainer
+1 Lysandre
+1 Pokemon Fan Club
+2 Hex Maniac
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Switch
+3 Trainer's Mail

Hope this suggestions help!

I am makings deck just like this and here are some edits I would make to your deck.

-2 Wobbufett
-3 Unown
-1 Professor Birch's Observations
-3 Level Ball
-1 Sacred Ash
-2 Double Colorless Energy
-1 Pyschic Energy
+2 Shaymin EX
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Ace Trainer
+1 Lysandre
+1 Pokemon Fan Club
+2 Hex Maniac
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Switch
+3 Trainer's Mail

Hope this suggestions help!
Thanks! I actually just did the opposite of what you suggested to make this build haha literally the exact things you want in I took out. When play testing the deck was far too slow and didn't play like I wanted. The list I currently have, in my opinion, plays much more smoothly.

Last edited:
Back