• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gothiclus - Outrage

Eradeus

Psychic Card Collector
Hey everyone. Im brand new to these forums as far as posting. I have stalked several forums and have frequented the main page for news for a long time now. So im only semi-newb here!

I just recently started getting back into pokemon tcg. I stoppped in the 2nd gen age way back when, and decided to pick it up again but so much in the game has changed. I've been thinking of setting up this deck for some time now and would like some help refining it. Honing it to perfection if it is possible or scrapping it altogether if it isn't viable. So here is the run down of what I think.

3-2-3 Gothitelle (Main)
3-1-2 Reuniclus
4 Kyurem
1 Zekrom
1 Reshiram

20 Pokemon

3 Candies
3 Scoop Up
4 Max Potions
2 Seeker
2 PONT's
2 Cherens
3 Collector
1 Communication
2 Catcher
2 Full Heal

24 Trainers

13 {P} energy
3 {C}{C} energy

16 Energy

60 Cards Total

Im missing alot of cards, but because im very new to trainer/support/tool cards I was hoping you guys could help me fill in spots with the items based off of what my strategy will be. Here is the run down.

Get Goth evolved and active ASAP. Get the opponent item locked. Get Reuniclus out and evolved on the bench to be able to support damage taken to Goth while she charges up. By using its ability to move dmg from Goth to Kyurem/Zekrom/Reshiram. Dragons on the bench to tank and absorb damage. Max Potions for when they absorb too much dmg. (A few tries to scoop up the dmg before using Max Potions). Or a quick "Outrage" with double colorless energy if things are getting too out of hand. (I can control the dmg on my dragons to be enough to KO their pokemon and keep mine alive with their next attack if possible (also w/ Eviolite))

So, back to the main attacker. Off the bat with a plus power I can do 100 dmg. 30+(3x20)+10. Next turn I will do 110 without plus power. (After that, it's only a matter of psychic energy and how much dmg I want to do.) So the charge up takes 3 turns at least, any way to speed that up? Which is the main drawback i think. Is this too slow??

I have Kyurem{W}, Zekrom{L}, and Reshiram{R} for element types. Zek and Resh would only be used if my opponent is using pokemon weak to water or fire. If not, I would use Kyurem because metal weakness isn't a big problem.

Let me know what you think, i've been out of the game a very long time...So im sure Im making alot of mistakes. Be kind, I want to make this deck as competitive as possible without making the norm. I have the funds to make any deck I want. So if this isn't viable then maybe switching to the norm like Reshiboar for roll factor. But that's too straightforward and I don't think it would be as exciting as this. Please help with refining this deck! Thanks so much for reading this far. Looking forward to reading pro tips from you guys.

Edit: Edited some cards out because they're not in format. I believe that means not competition legal.
-Removed Full Heal. Meant to use Max Potion. Rookie mistakes.

RE: Gothiclus - Retaliate

Seems OK for unlimited, but bench shield and Expert belt are not in todays format.

RE: Gothiclus - Retaliate

I'm actually going for a 60 card deck. Alot of these can be reduced down. I threw in the expert belt to take out any 120hp pokemon and for survivability to the powerhouses that are out right now. Im very open to removing out cards and placing new ones in.

I know that once I am set up I can discard most other cards in my hand for more draw power. So running a few Junipers would be a good idea also.

I want to make this deck happen. I just want some opinions on it before I start to purchase individual cards.

(EDIT: Not in format means that they cant be used in competition? (Took them out of main post.))

I run a similar Outrage deck. As the damage increases (even with Eviloite) you will find you don't need the Pluspowers, I'd say remove them. Same with the Full Heals. Replace these with Juniper (2) Switch (2) Pokemon Catcher which is pretty much the current Gust of Wind (2) and Junk Arm (3) which will help you recover those Switch and Catcher. Put in Cheren OR Sage's Training (2). Most will tell you that Sage's Training is the better one and it may very well be but I'm not really fond of it, so at least to me Cheren is an alternative, but that will just depend on your tastes. Since you're not running full Reshiram/Zekrom/ like I am I would suggest using Pokemon Collector (4) to have a good chance of drawing them (the remaining cards become Junk Arm fodder later on). If you can find the room a few Pokemon Communicators would be good too as they are basically the 'new' Pokemon Trader. Maybe remove 4 Psychic Energy for 4 Rainbow energy. They can still serve as Psychic energy for Gothitelle's attack but can also give an energy boost for the dragons, for their second attacks, Kyurem's will especially be helpful if you get the chance to use it.

I assume that Reuniclus is there primarily for it's Damage Swap. If that is the case you might want to remove a Solosis and Reuniclus for two Pokemon Communicators. Maybe remove one of the Eviloite for another Pokemon Communicator. The Eviloites are good for the dragons but does nothing for Gothitelle or Reuniclus.

Not entirely sure on what all should be replaced for these changes though as I think I've mentioned more adjustments than there is actually room for.

Well, if everything went well, I wouldn't use the dragons for anything besides absorbing dmg and removing it with max potions or scoop up. My only real offence I would be putting effort into is Goth's main attack. The only problem I see now is that without the expert belt, I would become 1hko from a zekrom/reshiram deck. So, Im going to remove the Eviolites (you're right, they do nothing for my main) and put in defenders. That will serve as a cushion from one shots. And I don't think ill need switch. If item lock goes well there is no reason for me to withdraw. Although I will need a full heal or two so status effects dont ruin my game plan...

Reuniclus is only there for the ability. Thanks, i'll remove 1-1.

-Removed Eviolites for defenders
-Adjusted for Cherens
-Removed 0-1-1 from Reuniclus line for space.
-Added Collector/Communication/Junk Arm/ Catcher

Any other items/abilities or tactics used to deflate the 1HKO from Zek/Resh?

tyry1298 is right actually. Gothitelle has 130 HP where as, without a Pluspower (not generally used) having been previously sniped (like with Feraligatr, SEL or KGL) or damage passed on from Reuniclus (you would know not to do that, right?;) ) or some other attack booster (not many of those around these days) Bolt Strike and Blue Flare only do 120 damage.

Pikachu6319 said:
tyry1298 is right actually. Gothitelle has 130 HP where as, without a Pluspower (not generally used) having been previously sniped (like with Feraligatr, SEL or KGL) or damage passed on from Reuniclus (you would know not to do that, right?;) ) or some other attack booster (not many of those around these days) Bolt Strike and Blue Flare only do 120 damage.

You say not generally used but really you can't use it at all with goth active so pluspower with bolt strike/blue flare is not possible.

Valid point. Since I don't believe we currently have a Pokepower that stops other powers Gothitelle would stop Pluspower.

Yeah, you're right. It isn't the dragons im worried about at this point. It's going to be many of the Ex's and Magnezone. I think setting up my trainers/supporters is the main focus now. I may have to get all the cards and remove add them as I test play it.

Is there any way to accelerate the placement of psychic energies? Pokepowers/items/etc?

Next Destinies gives an acceleration of a sort. This will should bring us Gardevoir (see attachement) but it''s the Psychic equivalent of Meganium or Sceptile's Wild Growth (called Psycho Mirage), where 1 Psychic energy card becomes the equivalent of attaching two cards. The dilemma here of course is that it's a level 2 line which means you're best bet would be to remove one of the other level 2 lines, in this case Reuniclus since Gothitelle is intended to be your main attacker.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, I don't see that happening. I actually want to keep the damage swap as my game plan. That may mean throwing in a Electrode prime in as a wild card. Only using it if absolutely necessary...What do you think?

I've been doing a small amount of testing with Gardevoir, and since throwing up a Tanking Gothitelle as early as possible, then building up your field behind it, remains a very viable strategy, running even a thin line of Gardevoir is not a bad play. Even a 1-0-1 Gardevoir line with 4 Rare Candy and X Junk Arm should allow you to set it up without your opponents interference, although a thicker line would help.

Gardevoir is such a sweet card, because it suddenly makes Gothitelle a really good attacker. 110 for [P][P]? Sign me up.

Ok, this should be the final edit. Let me know what you think!

3-2-3 Gothitelle (Main)
3-1-2 Reuniclus
3 Kyurem
1 Zekrom
1 Reshiram
2- Jirachi
2- Shaymin

23 Pokemon

3 Candies
3 Scoop Up
4 Max Potions
2 Seeker
2 PONT's
2 Cherens
3 Collector
1 Communication
2 Catcher
1 Junk Arm
1 Juniper

24 Trainers

11 {P} energy
2 {C}{C} energy

13 Energy

60 Cards Total

The idea is the same, set up Goth as fast as possible and build the bench afterwards. Set up Reu as quickly as I can to move dmg counters over to my Dragons. Jiramin for a possible acceleration without losing prizes and scoop ups/seekers for when Im done using them or if I need to do another acceleration attempt. I feel like im lacking a bit on trainers still, and would like a full heal for if goth ever gets hit by status but it's situational so I probably wont make room for it. I will most likely start buying cards today. Let me know if you see anything wrong with it!

After Gard comes out, I will most likely switch out the 2/2 Jira/Shay for 2/2 Gards. And add a Candy. Most lilkely switch out a couple dragons for a couple of mewtwo ex tanks instead for hp boost.Thanks again for all of the input that got me to this point. A special thanks to Vulpix Yolk for the insight on acceleration tactics.

When gardy comes out, you may want to switch the strategy from tanking to swarming. Too many pokemon can ohko and it will be hard to survive.

Back