Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I would like to trade my friend for his spare Shaymin EX (77/108), but we have no idea what a fair trade would be. Any ideas below would be appreciated!

I've been wondering what a German 1st edition base set Charizard (Glurak) is worth?

BlankPikachuHowIBecamePok%C3%A9monCardPromo.jpg

How much worth in NM condition?

I've been wondering what a German 1st edition base set Charizard (Glurak) is worth?
On eBay, a PSA-9 sold for $125 USD recently, and another PSA-9 sold in auction for $82. Non-graded cards have sold recently between $40-90.

Should give you a ballpark estimate. :p

This is simply for a friend of mine, but I was wondering what a fair price would be for unopened blisters of League promo BLW Energies. He also has some unopened blisters containing holo Energies and League Challenge promos.

IMG_2241.jpg

However, I've heard from some folks that someone can get in trouble for selling these items, especially if they can be traced back to a League Organizer. Is that at all true?

This is simply for a friend of mine, but I was wondering what a fair price would be for unopened blisters of League promo BLW Energies. He also has some unopened blisters containing holo Energies and League Challenge promos.

View attachment 9837

However, I've heard from some folks that someone can get in trouble for selling these items, especially if they can be traced back to a League Organizer. Is that at all true?
Things like this get sold ALOT. As for tracing it back, i think TPCI has bigger fish to fry. As For Pricing, less commonly used energy types have sold in the 10-15$ range, and More used energy sells for around 15-20$. Thats what i paid for my packs in 2014 though.

Things like this get sold ALOT. As for tracing it back, i think TPCI has bigger fish to fry. As For Pricing, less commonly used energy types have sold in the 10-15$ range, and More used energy sells for around 15-20$. Thats what i paid for my packs in 2014 though.

Thanks for the info. My friend gave the cards to me since I made that post, so I suppose the decision of what to do with 'em is up to me. That also means the info that a Frank and Son's vender gave us was a bunch of hot air.

One thing I noticed while I was doing research for him was that the price would be higher if I were sell 'em individually or in smaller sets ($1.20 per Grass Energy or $12.50 for 12 Grass Energies) as opposed to selling the entire pack ($20-$25).

Oh, and I forgot to include the League Challenge promos and other energies in my last post. Would 15 bucks a LC set (each pack contains three sets of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cards) be unreasonable?

IMG_0419.jpg

The only ones I feel uncomfortable about selling are the Marowaks and that's because they're recent.

Thanks for the info. My friend gave the cards to me since I made that post, so I suppose the decision of what to do with 'em is up to me. That also means the info that a Frank and Son's vender gave us was a bunch of hot air.

One thing I noticed while I was doing research for him was that the price would be higher if I were sell 'em individually or in smaller sets ($1.20 per Grass Energy or $12.50 for 12 Grass Energies) as opposed to selling the entire pack ($20-$25).

Oh, and I forgot to include the League Challenge promos and other energies in my last post. Would 15 bucks a LC set (each pack contains three sets of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cards) be unreasonable?

View attachment 9850

The only ones I feel uncomfortable about selling are the Marowaks and that's because they're recent.
The LC packs, are a really niche collectible. They really offer no good cards for competitive players, and since they aren't earned via winning they hold no value emotionally. The Market for those cards are real small.(I.E. League leaders who want to give them away for other Tourney's)

As for the energy, it will be much easier to sell them by the pack than individually, you'll find that after shipping costs shipping the whole pack for a set price will be easier, and will net you more return.

Also, I love frank and son's for BUYING, I NEVER sell there. They are probably the best place to go for sealed if you want to blow money, and there are quite a few vendors that sell singles at great prices as well! But you have to remember they are shops, and want to make money off of what you sell, so what they qouted you is, what they would buy them for.

The LC packs, are a really niche collectible. They really offer no good cards for competitive players, and since they aren't earned via winning they hold no value emotionally. The Market for those cards are real small.(I.E. League leaders who want to give them away for other Tourney's)

As for the energy, it will be much easier to sell them by the pack than individually, you'll find that after shipping costs shipping the whole pack for a set price will be easier, and will net you more return.

Also, I love frank and son's for BUYING, I NEVER sell there. They are probably the best place to go for sealed if you want to blow money, and there are quite a few vendors that sell singles at great prices as well! But you have to remember they are shops, and want to make money off of what you sell, so what they qouted you is, what they would buy them for.

Thank again, I'll try to sell the LC promos if I can find the right buyer.

As far as the Frank and Son's bit is concerned, I never said I was going to sell the TO a Frank and Son's vendor (I only ever sell to them if I have an excess of things that are difficult to sell online). Another friend of mine managed to get a temporary booth at Frank and Son's and offered me co-ownership if I help him run the Pokemon side of things, so we'll see where that goes.

I know there are 4 Vaporeon Championship Promo's
State (normal and staff) and European (normal and staff)

Do you know how much the European Staff promo is worth? (with the orange logo instead of purple) This one seems very hard to find. The picture is on the normal one, but I would like to know how much the staff version is worth.

s-l1600.jpg

I have a misprint Secret Rare Mewtwo EX from Break Through. It is missing the raised texture on the entirety of the card. I'm trying to find out the value of the card.

WP_20160311_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a misprint Secret Rare Mewtwo EX from Break Through. It is missing the raised texture on the entirety of the card. I'm trying to find out the value of the card.

There has been quite a few of these floating around. My league leader collects these specific misprints, and usually over trades for them. The hard part about putting a value on misprints is they are only worth what a buyer would pay. But something like this I would guess that the value is probably somewhere between $10-$20 over the normal. But, that's only if you find a buyer who is willing to pay the premium for an oddity.

I hope someone can say something about these two....

12804763_1330277183664509_8516084074175506572_n.jpg
I found very little data on these, but my speculation would put them at around $25-$30 if you could find a buyer. But its 's highly unlikely, as they are not playable, and are meant soley for collection purposes.

I just received an eBay lot in the post that I paid 9.00GBP total for. I think I got a good deal. I'm no expert on Japanese cards though so could somebody please tell me the current value of these sets? The cards are in mint/near mint condition. (Seller says they've never been removed from the folders)

Both original folders:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0NHZob1daXzR4U2s/view?usp=docslist_api

Johto Starters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0TDktY25PNkhNOXM/view?usp=docslist_api

Neo Promos:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0dWU1azM0dHh2ODA/view?usp=docslist_api

Any help is appreciated! I'm very tempted to keep them but may put them up for trade for English equivalents.

Last edited:
I just received an eBay lot in the post that I paid 9.00GBP total for. I think I got a good deal. I'm no expert on Japanese cards though so could somebody please tell me the current value of these sets? The cards are in mint/near mint condition. (Seller says they've never been removed from the folders)

Both original folders:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0NHZob1daXzR4U2s/view?usp=docslist_api

Johto Starters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0TDktY25PNkhNOXM/view?usp=docslist_api

Neo Promos:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D3-auJvjv0dWU1azM0dHh2ODA/view?usp=docslist_api

Any help is appreciated! I'm very tempted to keep them but may put them up for trade for English equivalents.
For the price you paid i would say that is a fair value. Possibly a little bit of a markup because it was a lot, but since it came with the folders too its about right on point.

Felt I should share this little gem that I got out of a shining Gyarados tin. It's texture is missing completely. Never seen another one like it before.

Last edited:
Back