How Much Money do you Spend on Decks?

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
So, I just spend about $90 on my Jumpluff. I don't feel bad, because I saved up for it (it's not like I made my parents pay lol), and I feel like I will be using this deck for a long time. But my sister is yelling at me for it. Anyway, how much money do you spend on a good deck? More? Less?

I actually buy get playsets of every card. I usually buy 3 boxes then pull the rest from packs. After that I buy singles. Hmm I guess it costs me 300 every set?

Most of my money spend on my new deck is for shipping the cards :p I don't spend more than max 50$ on a deck.

I only spent $50 on 2 starter decks and some packs 3 years ago and been to 1 pre-release. Now I just trade and now I have a binder of 47 Lv.X's and 9 Primes. All from just trading cards, not buying.

I spent a lot of money on Uxie and Claydol, before they had promo versions. Now I feel like I wasted my money. But I got some RH! haha

I go to the pr, and if there are a decent amount of valued cards in the set,
I buy a box, then trade for what else I need. I've bought:
stormfront
platinum
rising rivals x2
arcues

0. I earn most if not all the cards I'll ever need by judging, and then some. I always end up having cards left. The cards I'm still missing are the ones I try to trade for, though I don't always get the ones I need in time. Still, I can build a few decks I like and that's fine by me. I wouldn't want to be able to build decks I wouldn't want to play, anyway.

I usually go to a pre-release every 2 sets and buy a box for the rest and then any singles I need for decks I'll buy. Usually I end up spending $90-$110 on a deck if I use it in a tourny.

I spend very minimally...as I'm onehelluva trader, so my bottom line stays fairly low, and I try to keep buying singles to a minimum

#1weavile said:
I haven't been to a pre-release since like 3-4 sets ago. I trade for the new cards I need.

this.

wasting for pres is stupid imo. i dont even like a lot of the new stuff :p. i havent bought anything in like forever

I haven't bought a booster in over 6 months. I trade for what I need, and any other boosters I get are from winning events which is a much cheaper way of obtaining any cards I need or cards that can be used for trade bait.

2 Prereleases each set
Usually 1 Box per set
A lot of Trading
Some promotional items like Promo Tins and other Card Blister Packs

It's about $300 per set when all is said and done.

dmaster out.

I trade all my deck needs from vulpix yolk.

7.00 I guess cuz I just bought some sleeves.

I prolly wouldn't spend more than 40 though

I usually find out what deck I need to build, get all the cards I want for it, see what else I need and then buy those. I was building a Masquerain/Butterfree/Beedrill deck for shits and giggles and got the butterfrees for less than a dollar each (except i bought one as a holo), 50 cents per masquerain and I had all 4 beedrill (the only deck i've ever really run is speedrill, so i had the cards already)

Back