BW/BW2 How will Zorua Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redneck said:
It said the method of evolution will be completely new, so it can't be a Dusk Stone.

And might I remind you of the bitter herbs? The Pokemon can still be healed!
Pokémon will gain happiness by walking around with them. Thus it would be almost impossible to evolve it. Only the combination of herbs and sweet scent will do it. But this is highly unlikely. Evolution won't be that complicated.

Remember Umbreon? That's a Dark type that evolves through a unique-ish way? Happiness at night. Also, evolution by hatred would drive away the parents with money who will buy the games for their kids because they will think that the games promote animal cruelty.

maybe a certain item while trading or leveling up? Not original, but it could be different than other evolutions if the item is different.

I agree with hatred but the parent thing is funny to picture

*back of the game's box*
get the new Pokemon Zoarork!!!
Make Zoroark have children then abuse the child to get another... ZOARORK!!!

redple said:
Remember Umbreon? That's a Dark type that evolves through a unique-ish way? Happiness at night. Also, evolution by hatred would drive away the parents with money who will buy the games for their kids because they will think that the games promote animal cruelty.

With animal cruelty, I could see protests from PETA, and statements from the Humane Society and ASPCA.

omahanime said:
With animal cruelty, I could see protests from PETA, and statements from the Humane Society and ASPCA.
I can see PETA making an issue out of it, in that case.

Pokequaza said:
Pokémon will gain happiness by walking around with them. Thus it would be almost impossible to evolve it. Only the combination of herbs and sweet scent will do it. But this is highly unlikely. Evolution won't be that complicated.

Right, and one could even argue that leveling up as soon as you get it with minimal happiness would evolve it.

Which is why I think a "hatred" evolution is a stupid idea and couldn't happen.

I mentioned the herbs to simply show that there is a way to lower happiness without letting them lose battles.

I still think it's along the lines of Zorua's ability, but only time will tell.

Depending on Zorua's base happiness, it wouldn't be able to evolve immediately if it were a hatred evolution. After all, most Pokemon have a base happiness of 70/255, which is neutral, and it takes 220/255 to hit a happiness evolution. 25/255 would be a decent threshold, and doable even in the current system. If they wanted to make it harder, Zorua's base happiness could be 140, which a few other Pokémon share.

And certain items could cause the Pokémon to lose happiness while carried, or at the very least prevent them from gaining happiness. Life Orb, for example, would be a painful experience for the Pokémon in question, and while not enough to make your Pokémon actively hate you, I'm certain that the Power items and Macho Brace are uncomfortable.

I still don't think it'll happen, but it is entirely feasible mechanically.

Zorua is probably not gonna have an unhappy evo. You guys have to remember the Pokemon games are targeted mainly to kids. Most people think playing pokemon competitively is hilarious, therefore it has to evolve as the story progresses. Imagine a kid getting a Zorua to level 100 and it hasn't evolved yet. They would be extremely sad. But then again, pokemon like Scyther wouldn't evolve either....

Maybe itll be like Kingdom Hearts or something and will have to battle a certain type of pokemon several times to evolve or use a certain attack a certaain amount of times.

mcsskater said:
Maybe itll be like Kingdom Hearts or something and will have to battle a certain type of pokemon several times to evolve or use a certain attack a certaain amount of times.

Bidoof a million times. Of course you could do that by one trip down a route. lol

omahanime said:
Bidoof a million times. Of course you could do that by one trip down a route. lol

I apologize if my post is uninformative but I wanted to let you know I thought that was really funny XD

{D}
My guess is that it will evolve after using Illusion enough times to turn into a different Pokemon, That would be really awesome.

i think zorua will evolve by using it`s illusion ability when it`s in a double battle with celebi like it transforms into celebi then after the battle you raise his happiness then he evolves into zoroark.(that would be hard but cool.):D

76lollypops said:
i think zorua will evolve by using it`s illusion ability when it`s in a double battle with celebi like it transforms into celebi then after the battle you raise his happiness then he evolves into zoroark.(that would be hard but cool.):D
I think you should read the rules about reviving dead threads.

*Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back