Ruling Is it Possible to Bypass the Mega Evolution Rule?

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
This is the pokebeach translation:

Giant Plant Forest – Trainer
Stadium

Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

This is the official english card:

i3pEjab.png

This card would make you able to mega evolve grass pokemon ex the first turn they are put in play, but without the use of a spirit link item does it still end your turn?

Meaning, if I put down a M Venosaur EX, will it still end my turn with this stadium in play?

When you Mega Evolve a Pokemon, your turn ends. This is true of all Mega Evolution Pokemon.

It does not matter how or by what means you bring it into play; when 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon, your turn ends.

Your turn will end. It doesn't matter if you use this Stadium, or Evosoda, or Wally, or any other card or power that lets you evolve. Those cards don't let you bypass the turn-ending rule, it just lets you bypass the "you have to wait a turn to evolve this Pokemon" rule.

Professors and exxtrooper,
I will allow this one to slide. Please remember that we cannot, as per the Pokébeach rules, make ruling on cards not yet officially released in English. If necessary I will begin deleting all questions pertaining to this.
This is, indeed, a rule whether we agree with it or not. Please respect it and resume Ancient Origins Q&A's on the 12th of August.

Back