• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! (Gourgeist / Dusknoir)

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate

EDITED

Pokemon

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 Shauna
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Rescue Scarf
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Rod

Energy
  • 10 Psychic

Strategy
The Strategy is to spread as much damage as you can with Gourgeist and Chandelure EX. Then take knock outs by moving the damage with Dusknoir.

My ideal starter is Pumpkaboo.
I found that Chandelure EX is too slow for my liking. Is there another bigHP Pokemon that I could replace it with?

Today I played in my store's League Challenge. There were a few decks I had a difficult time. I had the most problem with was Team Plasma. Especially Lugia w/ Muscle Band and Absol.

RE: It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

How can you have trouble with Lugia if you have Sigilyph?

I too have built and playtested a similar deck a lot. Following are some comments for your consideration :
  • From my experience, I've found that Pumpkaboo is the ideal starter; its auto-Confusion attack is fantastic. So, I'd suggest you replace 1 Level Ball with another Pumpkaboo in order to maximize your chances of starting with 1.
  • Why the Shadow Triad? You can only retrieve discarded HT Lasers with those (given your current deck list), and I believe you will not really need. I run only 3 HTLs and no Shadow Triads and those 3, I find, are quite sufficient. I'd suggest you replace both of those with 2 Colress which would increase card draw Supporters up to 11 (the 9, I believe, are insufficient).
  • You WILL need a Dark Poké counter; otherwise, you will have a near auto-loss match-up when playing against those decks. You will find that you can not spread and move enough damage around while an opponent running a Dark Poké deck is 1HKOing your Poké. You will fall behind in the prize count very quickly.
  • Lastly, you WILL also need some Tool Scrappers for your Garbodor match-ups; otherwise, you will not be able to utilize Dusknoir's Sinister Hand Ability effectively in those match-ups.
blaZofgold said:
I also play PlasmaBox (with includes a Lugia EX) and Sigilyph is a non-issue for me too... Keep in mind that when MagnumZ attacks with anything other than Sigilyph, an opponent's Lugia EX can most likely 1HKO that Poké. Should Sigilyph be promoted to the active position, the opponent's non-EX Poké could then be utilized to attack in order to setup future, easy KOs for Lugia EX.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

blaZofgold said:

When I did promote Sigilyph, he had a response in the form of Absol. And, no matter how many times I promoted Sigilyph, he would Escape Rope or Catcher out my little ghosts.

And, thank you TuxedoBlack.
I did have a problem with supporter droughts. And found myself drawing into HTLs just fine.

Run a few Silver Mirrors then. You're going to have to deal with those Pokemon eventually. Try abusing Spirit Scream a bit more, also run more N.

Tools mean nothing if every deck in the format play at least 2 Tool Scrappers because of Garbodor and Muscle Band.
I run 2 myself

I think 1 Lugia should be in this deck, taking 3 prizes from an EX, pretty beastly.

Yo-yos said:
I think 1 Lugia should be in this deck, taking 3 prizes from an EX, pretty beastly.
No doubt... But, given the addition of Lugia EX, how would you suggest altering the deck to include Plasma energy, DCE (?), and Colress Machine which would all be essential, IMHO, to support Lugia EX?

Back