Ruling Kecleon vs Wobbuffet

ArnaldoAF

Aspiring Trainer
If a Kecleon from Plasma Freeze is facing a Wobbuffet from Phantom Forces, does the Color Change ability is switched off?

94.jpg
36.jpg

In my opinion, the ability remains activate only if the previous active pokemon was pyschic pokemon.
eg:
Kecleon is facing a Trubbish, so Kecleon's type is psychic,
than the Trubbish reatreats and Wobbuffet is the new Active Pokemon,
so, in this case, Kecleon continues to be a psychic pokemon.
Is that correct?

(Oh yes, sorry for no put the thubnail, but every link that I put return the "There are no images in the message" thing)

This is in the Compendium, which is the best place to look for rulings like this:

Q. What happens if Kecleon with "Color Change" and Wobbuffet with "Bide Barricade" end up as Active Pokemon opposite each other? Does Kecleon change to Psychic, or does Wobbuffet shut off its power and Kecleon stays Colorless?
A. If Kecleon starts out as Psychic and then Wobbuffet becomes Active, Kecleon stays Psychic. But if Wobbuffet is Active first, or if they both become Active at the same time (including as the starting Pokemon), then Kecleon stays Colorless. (Dec 4, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Wow, that was fast, thanks for the reply

but just to confirm: this would apply for the kecleon from Rising Rivals too, right?(yes, i know that ability is diferent from poke-body, but lets says that is equal in this case)

67.jpg

Bide Barricade and Colorful Body wouldn't interact.

Bide Barricade only shuts off Abilities, which are functionally similar to but distinctly different from Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies.

Back