• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Keldeo/Blastiose "Rub'a'dub'dub" For Cities

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
I need to get ready for Cities this weekend.
I just need to fine tune this deck just a bit.
Any advice?
I have a problem getting Squirtle when I need one. Should I add one more Squirtle for better odds in drawing one?
How about an Emolga or 2? To get Squirtle(s) or Mewtwo/Keldeo faster.
Level Balls? Ultra Balls? Poke Com.?

3-0-3 Blastoise (Deluge) [Boundaries Crossed]
2 Kyurem [Noble Victories]
2 Mewtwo EX [Next Destinies]
2 Keldeo EX (Rush In) [Boundaries Crossed]

14 {W}

3 Skyla
3 Juniper
3 Cilan
2 Bianca

1 Town Map
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Eviolite
2 Poke Communication
2 Tool Scrapper
3 Rescue Scarf
3 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher

Thank you! :)

tumblr_mfysltjBiI1rm5oo3o1_500.jpg

Some thoughts/suggestions:

-1 Skyla. 2, IMHO, should be sufficient after improving your card draw support (below).
+1 Squirtle. Yes, maxing these out will enhance your chances of getting these out faster.

-1 W energy. I believe 12-13 W will be quite adequate after improving your card draw support.
+1 Super Rod. To replenish deck as needed.

-2 Cilan. 1, IMHO, should be sufficient after improving your card draw support (below).
-1 Town Map. Not really "critical" for this deck.
-1 Tool Scrapper.
-3 Rescue Scarf. Not really "critical" for this deck, especially given other higher priority Trainers. Plus, these can be Scrappered off like other Tools.
+1 Bianca. Needed card draw support. 3-4 Biancas (hand replenishment) balance 3-4 Ultra Balls (hand depletion).
+4 N. Needed card draw support. Opponent hand disruption helps while you get setup.
+1 Pokémon Communication (or Ultra Ball). Helps you get setup.
+1 Energy Retrieval. Given your energy count, you can afford to discard W energy for Ultra Balls knowing you can retrieve that discarded energy with ERs.

Should you want to add another basic Poké or 2, you could drop the Eviolites for 2 Emolgas (Call for Family).

Hope these comments now help prepare you for Regionals.

Yay, someone else who knows that wartortle is a dead card.

-2 Cilian. it's a good clutch card, but at least 75% of the time you'll wish it was something else.
-1 town map. classic 61st card syndrome, it's good, but not quite good enough to warrant a space.
-2 Pokemon Communication. If your trouble is getting squirtles, you'll want direct search
-2 water energy. Fully agree with TuxedoBlack, 12 is enough
-3 rescue scarf. If you like it then you could run some, maybe but I doubt it's very useful.
-1 bianca, you can lower your hand size easily, but still, you rarely lower you hand size enough to make it to 3 to make it worth it.

+1 level ball. With skyla there is no reason to not run this and the next card. Skyla for squirtle early game.
+1 Heavy Ball. Skyla for blastoise when you have rare candy
+1 Computer Search, I'm sure you just forgot
+1 Energy retrieval, I like running 3, mainly just personal preference, but it's really only ever a dead card in the first couple turns, other then that's it's an easy +1.
+4 Super Scoop Up, it's amazing with keldeo and to grab a starting mewtwo back
+ 2-3 N. I don't like it so much either, but it's good early to gain speed and late to slow down the opponent.
+1 Squirtle. If the trouble is getting squirtles, add more squirtles.

Personal preference: I'd take out the kyurems and add one more keldeo and mewtwo. If you like Kyurem then keep it, but it's never been anything but a dead card to me. It's best if you get it second turn, and by then you should be obliterating things with keldeo. Or if you only have 2 of those, this could be the space for 2 emolga you wanted.

Back