• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Keldeo/Blastoise

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
I recently played at a Cities Tournament. I played against 3 (two were the same guy) and lost all there matches. I had no solid check for Sigyliph. I mean I have Blastoise but no easy way of getting him ready to go. What would be a good check to even my odds against Siggy?

4-0-3 Blastoise (Deluge)
3 Keldeo EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Emolga

12 Water
2 DCE

4 Rare Candy
4 Catchers
3 Ultra Ball
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Pokemon Center
Computer Search
Random Reciever

3 Bianca
3 Skyla
3 Cilan
2 N

RE: Keldeo/Blastoise problems

Cut the DCE for 2 more Water Energy, also you need 4 Professor Juniper, take out 2 N, one Cilan and the Random Receiver. Replace a second Cilan with an extra Energy Retrieval, it's just too good. Then take out the 2 Super Scoop Up for a 4th Ultra Ball and one Level Ball, maybe find some room for one Heavy Ball.
Usually Blastoise is enough to counter Sigilyph, if you still feel uncomfortable playing against it, try the Keldeo #47 out of Boundaries Crossed.
Hope I helped a little :)

RE: Keldeo/Blastoise problems

You probably need more draw support try trading in one of the tool scrappers also trade in ur pokemon centers for scoop ups. You only need three squiirtles since they can't be damaged in the bench and be victims of cheap kos

RE: Keldeo/Blastoise Problems

You have those DCE in this deck an idea o counter sigilyph would be Bouffalant from BW right? I would think that would work

One Keldeo 47 is a wasted tech IMO. Lately I have been seeing mostly quad sigilyph, so I ran 4 Blastoise just to improve general consistency and help in the sigilyph matchup. They didn't give me a problem all weekend

MagnumZ said:
3 Bianca
3 Skyla
3 Cilan
2 N

Well there's your problem. Try this:

4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Bianca
2 Cilan

The only reason not to have 4 N would be you don't have any more than that, but they're nowhere near the price of Catchers, so that's an easy fix. I imagine you didn't include Juniper for a reason, but until we get Colress and Ghetsis, there aren't too many better alternatives. I personally wouldn't bother with the Cilan and just run more Energy Retrieval, but I have seen it win games.

MagnumZ said:
What would be a good check to even my odds against Siggy?
Given your list, you'll need to KO an opponent's Sigilyph with your Blastoise. Thereafter, you can just Rush In and continue attacking with Keldo EX.

Other thoughts/comments/suggestions to consider:

-2 Cilan,
+2 Energy Retrieval. You will potentially burn through energy (may even need to retreat a Blastoise from the active position). The ERs will allow you to get needed energy without playing a Supporter, especially when you discard energy for an Ultra Ball and you Retrieve that discarded energy right back. I've found that 1 Cilan is sufficient to get things rolling.

-1 Tool Scrapper,
-2 Pokémon Center. IMHO, 1 TS is sufficient and although the PC helps heal your Poké, it can also help your opponent.
+3 Professor Juniper. You need more draw support as suggested by others. This comment just helps find the slots.

-1 Skyla, I found that 2 are quite sufficient especially when you have strong draw support.
+1 Ultra Ball. Maxing out UBs helps alot in getting the t2 Blastoise!

I go back and forth regarding the DCEs. In my area, lots of players play Hammers; so, you know DCEs will be prime targets for removal. On the other hand, DCEs can be useful for your Mewtwo EX's X Ball attack. You may find that your DCE is used for a needed retreat - I also saw increased Garbadore play too at recent Cities. So, you may also need to get the "fat" retreating 'Toise out of the active position by using a DCE. An alternative would be to drop both DCEs (I only play 12 Water) for another Water and (another draw Supporter or Emolga or SSU (I'd lean towards this)).

Lastly, I'm considering adding 1 Kyurem EX to my deck primarily because of its first attack, Frozen Wings, which removes a special energy fromthe defending Poké. Eels-Mewtwo EX / Tornadus EX decks run DCEs; so, including a Kyurem EX could be quite a useful counter to these decks (or Hydreigon too).

-2 Emolga
+2 Lapras
More hp and a decent Sigilyph counter. The only problem is that it doesn't have free retreat, but you have Rush In for that.

Mora said:
MagnumZ said:
3 Bianca
3 Skyla
3 Cilan
2 N

Well there's your problem. Try this:

4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Bianca
2 Cilan

The only reason not to have 4 N would be you don't have any more than that, but they're nowhere near the price of Catchers, so that's an easy fix. I imagine you didn't include Juniper for a reason, but until we get Colress and Ghetsis, there aren't too many better alternatives. I personally wouldn't bother with the Cilan and just run more Energy Retrieval, but I have seen it win games.
Mora loves supporters, but in reality its very good advice. 5 cards that will net you more cards is a bad idea see if trying
4 Juniper
3 N
2 Bianca
3 Skyla
2 Cilan
helps any. Thats my line, granted I also run 2 Tropical Beach, so maybe up draw even more. More than 2 Cilan will never be needed. 3 Cilan can pull out 3/4 of your energy, thats likely where your having problems. A standard Keldeo list has at least 13 water energy as well

Back