• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Land Gods...(Groudon EX & Landorus)

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
Here is my deck list for my ground deck. The main idea is to Obviously the future meta is going to be Zekeels (is zekrom even in there anymore?lol) and Dark variants. So I figured I would go opposite and design a deck to counter them. The main problems I run into are Tornadi EX (with or without eviolite) and the Gaia Hammer damage to my bench. I searched far and wide and could not find a proper counter for Tornadus EX. I did however find Zekrom BW, which could or could not be a great idea. The Gaia hammer to my bench is multiple plus powers for my opponent's Power Blast, OHKO on Landorus.

Another option is obviously are Terrakion. I am considering running at least two Terrakion and dropping one Groudon and one Landorus. I really do not want to disrupt the idea of using Groudon EX's Giant Claw. Any ideas on how to approach the beggining of the match with starters? My approach is to use Landorus and use Abundant Harvest turn one, further accelerating the energy along with Exp. Share. From there I will build either a second Landurous or start on Groudon Ex. Also I could start with Groudon EX and Tromp turn 2 and go from there. A lot of options to look at and I am turning to the forums for help. I really appreciate the criticism!

Pokemon (10)

4)Groudon-EX-DE 54
4)Landorus-NV 74
1)Shaymin-UL 8
1)Zekrom-BWP 5

T/S/S (38)

4) PONT
4) N
3) Professor Juniper
2) Twins
2) Random Reciever
4) Junk Arm
3) Pokemon Catcher
3) Exp. Share
3) Dual Ball
3) Switch
3) Plus Power
2) Enhanced Hammer
1) Super Rod
1) Super Scoop Up

Energy (12)

11) Fighting
1) Double Colorless

RE: Land Gods...

Well, this deck is okay. I'd make a lot of serious changes;

-2 Groudon EX
-1 Landorus
-1 N
-1 Double Colorless Energy

+4 Terrakion (NV)
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 Pokemon CAtcher

The deck is now pretty much Terrakion, it is a lot better than Landorus, and Groudon EX.

Problems I have with a deck I am currently running which resembles this...
1. juniper's are great card refreshers, but sadly, deck the hell out of you, I am actually thinking of taking out junipers from mine till I only have 2 in the deck
2. N and PONT are a definite, leave them as be.
3. - 2 groudon and - at least 1 landorus. Landorus can accelerate early game and also sets up groudon for 120 hits and your zekrom gets outrage pumped...problem is, with the damage you do around the board, it leaves you wide open for your bench being damaged. (in this deck, you'll be having the EXP's out on certain guys, and when i play, even getting the glorious 2 hits with the land hammer make things like terrakion which i used into 110 prey, godforbid a 3rd land hammer making them Tornadus ex meat.
As for groudon... unless you are afraid you'll have 2 in the prize, dont worry, that suckers getting out
4. Adding Terrakions is good, don't know how many you'd want (3 I think is good enough) but revenge death, and also2 energy for a weak hit... pretty much a weaker groudon, but you keep a prize.
5. I like the splash of a outrager.... might use that in my strat.

all in all
-2 Juniper
-2 groudon
-1-2 landorus
+3 Terrakion
+1-2 extra items / shaymin / outrager (as you can splash different colors so you can take out different kinds of pokemon)

In Japan NO good deck revolves around rayquaza ex. Just look at the winning list.

KadyShack707 said:
Problems I have with a deck I am currently running which resembles this...
1. juniper's are great card refreshers, but sadly, deck the hell out of you, I am actually thinking of taking out junipers from mine till I only have 2 in the deck
2. N and PONT are a definite, leave them as be.
3. - 2 groudon and - at least 1 landorus. Landorus can accelerate early game and also sets up groudon for 120 hits and your zekrom gets outrage pumped...problem is, with the damage you do around the board, it leaves you wide open for your bench being damaged. (in this deck, you'll be having the EXP's out on certain guys, and when i play, even getting the glorious 2 hits with the land hammer make things like terrakion which i used into 110 prey, godforbid a 3rd land hammer making them Tornadus ex meat.
As for groudon... unless you are afraid you'll have 2 in the prize, don't worry, that suckers getting out
4. Adding Terrakions is good, don't know how many you'd want (3 I think is good enough) but revenge death, and also2 energy for a weak hit... pretty much a weaker groudon, but you keep a prize.
5. I like the splash of a outrager.... might use that in my strat.

all in all
-2 Juniper
-2 groudon
-1-2 landorus
+3 Terrakion
+1-2 extra items / shaymin / outrager (as you can splash different colors so you can take out different kinds of pokemon)

Yea that is another pet peeve of this deck, trying to get that energy in the discard for Gaia Hammer. Juniper does it well, but your throwing away a lot of resources. At the same time, when everything is going well and I take my first prize or two, I look at the # of cards left in deck and is at 20 or less :(. If I decide to take out the Juniper, then I will have to replace with either more Random Reciever, or another supporter.

Even if I do add more Terrakion, this still does not solve the Tornadus problem.

It's obvious that Dragons are going to be really popular when they come out, but for now I am trying to make a deck for the meta now. :)

pkolaboy said:
Yea that is another pet peeve of this deck, trying to get that energy in the discard for Gaia Hammer. Juniper does it well, but your throwing away a lot of resources. At the same time, when everything is going well and I take my first prize or two, I look at the # of cards left in deck and is at 20 or less :(. If I decide to take out the Juniper, then I will have to replace with either more Random Reciever, or another supporter.

Even if I do add more Terrakion, this still does not solve the Tornadus problem.

It's obvious that Dragons are going to be really popular when they come out, but for now I am trying to make a deck for the meta now. :)

Yea, the Juniper's I run tend to deck me out quickly. I added a weird little thing to mine (sableye DE) which I use as a get things back I'll need in the battle, or if I need things in the deck, I get my super rod / use N once my hand is big. ofcourse you'd need to run prism than, which would change a ton.

I have a ton of problem with the decking 80% of everything once I get 2 kills too. I try and use the junipers sparingly and only when safe (not a lot of cards in hand / when I need things in the discard) But they are good for finding catchers and the switches, just to make life a tiny bit easier to kill things.

I think that mewtwo EX may help a lot. Sometimes you could get the donk and it is also a great counter. Also, if you are going to add a mewtwo, another DCE may help so it will be quicker to setup mewtwo.

Back