• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Crobat / Golurk

Mimoso

Politically Incorrect TCG Theorist
Pokémon: 19
  • 2 Manectric-EX
  • 2 M Manectric-EX
  • 3 Zubat PHF
  • 3 Golbat PHF
  • 2 Crobat PHF
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 2 Golett AOR
  • 2 Golurk AT AOR
  • 1 Hoopa-EX
Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Focus Sash
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Switch
  • 3 Dimension Valley
Energy: 8
  • 6 Lightning Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Strategy is straightforward: engage your opponent with Manectric first, Mega evolving it in T2 and start applying intense pressure with Megaman (who is a really good card in this format due to prevalence of low-HPers, decrease in P Groudon popularity and abundance of Rayquaza, Shaymin and presumably Lugia) while feeding your benched Golett line and taking out bench sitters with bats, who are also a real impact in this format. A Focus Sash'd Golurk with Dimension Valley fed with Megaman is truly impactful: hits 240 for weakness and OHKO anything non-EX while being able to survive at least 2 turns if the opponent doesn't play Xerosic/Megaphone or is carrying an Ariados.
Instead of adding Eeveelutions, Megaman does the Jolteon role while Flareon isn't really that necessary since the only true playable grass type is Vespiquen; Sceptile will not see as much as play as people are expecting because it lacks suitable partners. It's a true shame that there isn't a correspondent Leafeon, that would help immensely against Primals and the ever annoying Toad, but what I really like about Golurk is its uncommon weakness and useful resistance. On top of it all, Super Scoop Up is handy for both Golurk to avoid losing DCE and bats to regenerate damage distribution.
The deck's consistency and speed is also ensured by the 4 Ultra Ball count that searches for Hoopa and guarantees a full Manectric line along with Shaymin in T1 ideally. Trainer's Mail digs the deck deeper for resources.
What I'm frightened about, though, is the low count of both main attackers that put the deck in a frail position and also the lack of Battle Compressor which I believe is incredibly useful in burn decks, along with Bunnelby for Wailord counter, although I /expect/ Wailord not to be used as a pure deck anymore.
State your opinion on this list and your suggestions to it.

Back