• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Manectric EX / Regice

Kuja89

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all.

I've been running this deck for a little while with quite a lot of success. However, I would really like your input as I've looked at it so much now, I can't quite see the wood from the trees. I'm not happy with the energy really but it has been working.

Anyway..

Pokemon: (11)
  • 4 Manectric EX
  • 3 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Regice (AOR)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (38)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates (Could be persuaded out of this but has been situationally useful)
  • 2 Xerosic (Useful with all the Vespiquens/Giratinas etc. I keep facing)
  • 1 Pokemon Centre Lady
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: (11)
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 5 Lightning Energy
  • 2 Flash Energy
Strategy:

The idea, if you haven't seen it before, is to get M Man going and accelerate energy onto Regice if facing an EX heavy opponent or to power up another M Man. Rough seas is there to heal off some damage and, hopefully, with free retreat, you can swap your M Mans about. Obviously, with the energy spread I have and the fact that M Man only recycles basic energy with Turbo Bolt, this can be a little problem. However, the DCE does make it somewhat easier(?) to power up a Regice if needed.

Thanks for reading. I want to make this as competitive as I can as I think it will be a great choice for regionals (which are standard over here).

Last edited:
I haven't quite been able to get this deck as consistent as I would like post rotation. It's probably the natural given that we lost N and Colress in the rotation. Have you found 4 Sycamore, 4 Birch 4 VS Seeker, and 2 Shaymin to be enough? I play that and Acro Bike in my list, but I still seem to be drawing dead more.

Another thing is that I would be careful with two different types of Special Energy and particularly relying on Special Energy, given all the cards against it like Enhanced Hammer, Aegislash, Giratina, etc. It can't be retrieved from the discard with Manectric, and you can't even attach Flash to Regice. It's something to at least think about.

I haven't quite been able to get this deck as consistent as I would like post rotation. It's probably the natural given that we lost N and Colress in the rotation. Have you found 4 Sycamore, 4 Birch 4 VS Seeker, and 2 Shaymin to be enough? I play that and Acro Bike in my list, but I still seem to be drawing dead more.

Another thing is that I would be careful with two different types of Special Energy and particularly relying on Special Energy, given all the cards against it like Enhanced Hammer, Aegislash, Giratina, etc. It can't be retrieved from the discard with Manectric, and you can't even attach Flash to Regice. It's something to at least think about.

I've found it to be very consistent and it's rare I get a dead hand (although it can and does happen). I would like some trainer's mail but I just can't find the room for it.

I agree about energy. As I said I'm not happy about it but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I'll have a play around with it.

Thanks!

Since M Manectric EX is your primary attacker, I would suggest "leaning" more to L basic energy versus W basic energy. Although you run Flash which also serves as L energy, Flash energy will definitiely be targeted by opponents running Giratina, Xerosic, E Hammer, etc. Consider at a minimum: -1 W, +1L.

I tend to feel also that the 1 Teammates is just too situational (as oppose to some decks that you know your initial starting Poké will most likely be KOd early game) for your deck. Consider replacing that with another L energy (or Professor's Letter).

Last edited:
Thanks. I've updated the deck list as I've made a couple of changes. I'm trying out 2 flash, 5 lightning, 4 water. I'll also consider taking out Teammates but will give the deck a chance in it's new guise first and see how often I use it/would rather it was something else.

I've also gone
-1 Hex Maniac
+1 Pokemon Centre Lady
-1 Rough Seas
+1 Xerosic

Lots of players I face seem to rely on DCE or DDE so an extra Xerosic is welcome. Pokemon Centre Lady over the fourth Rough Seas gives a bit more healing power and helps turn 2HKOs from my opponent into 3HKOs or worse. I didn't feel I was getting a lot out of Hex Maniac.

I have been running this combo as well. There are a lot of cards that fit in this deck so good builds can vary or focus more on a few matchups.

I don't like Flash Energy here. It's nice, but makes you vulnerable to the hammer. Fighting decks run Korina anyway, so it's not too difficult for them to hammer it off before attacking. The 3 biggest Fighting decks that I have encountered are LucarioBats, Groudon, and Machampoison. Regice deals with all of these fairly well. LucarioBats can be a bit tricky, but you can Lysandre up bats before they turn into Crobats and make good use of Rough Seas.
I do like a single Double Colorless Energy. A single copy has been useful for a quicker Regice as well as an easier way to get Shaymin EX off the board. It can also come in handy if you get Head Ringered. With 1 copy you may not use it until late game in which case your opponent had already discarded their hammers/xerosics. Or if you play it early they may hang onto their hammers thinking you run more. People don't really expect just 1 DCE.

I also like running 3 Muscle Band because it's crucial to put 2shot pressure on EX to shorten the time your opponent has to prepare a Regice counter as well as being an extremely important card against another deck utilizing Rough Seas, especially against Regice.

Thanks Pinecone. Both really good points.

I'll keep thinking about the energy and update later. I am still unsure over Teammates and was thinking whether to switch this to a Shauna for additional draw support or the third muscle band as you mentioned.

I like to run this deck with -1 Man spirit link and add in Articuno AT ROS. He can be very helpful to pick up an extra prize on a mega like PG with 240 HP, since Turbo bolt X2 = 220 and Articuno's attack does 20 damage and would take three prize.

Also, I run seismitoad EX or Kyurem EX (AOR) as a third attacker to give more threats

Over this past weekend, I've done a lot of play-testing, and most of the decks I encountered did not run EXs... So, I removed the Head Ringers from my deck.

I also incorporated 2 Silent Lab Stadiums which I find can really impede my opponents' setup should they rely upon Shaymin EX early game and can not replace my Silent Lab Stadium.

Back