Discussion M Sceptile EX Help

asdjklghty

-------------
So I really want to make a M Sceptile EX deck since the price of it has gone down but maybe it'll be good soon so I want to pick up the line before the price gets jacked up.

My main concern for this deck is it doesn't have a way to answer M Ray which is prevalent in my area. Giratina is also growing. How can I deal with both? M Ray is too fast and Sceptile is slow and weak. Would running 4 Parallel help in that matchup? Constantly limiting the bench could help but it reduces my damage by 20 meaning a 3-HKO.

To deal with Giratina, I would use regular Sceptile and use Unseen Claw Right?

Also, how would I deal with NM/Vespiquen?

Thanks for your time I really want to make a deck out of this after seeing the UK Regionals

I like to counter Rayquaza using its weakness vulnerability. I'm wondering if a simple 2-2 of Raichu XY would work, as you can use the Skyfield to get 6 Pokemon out and 1-hit KO. You could also try a Sceptile/Manectric hybrid for circular energy acceleration.

Giratina can probably be dealt with using Unseen Claw/Ariados, as well as getting damage off early. You can also run a couple of Hex Maniac for both Giratina and Bronzong.

I've found the best Nightmarch/Vespiquen counters are either high HP Megas with a Hard Charm or something attached, or a stream of non-ex attackers. Pinsir BRT looks like an interesting option with it's ability to 1-hit KO Joltik and Combee w/Muscle Band and spread some nice damage around, although may have a too low damage output. Zapdos ROS if you run Manectric could be an option, as it 1-hit KOs an attacker while potentially KOs Combee and Joltik, and can also 1-hit KO M-Rayquaza-EX. Volbeat PRC is also some synergy with Ariados AOR that you may choose to use.

Personally, to deal with M. Ray, I use Zoroark. In M. Sceptile-EX, you want the damaged Sceptiles on the bench so an active one can use Jagged Saber to heal them, so Zoroark's Stand-In and retreat with a Float Stone works well for that. Onto the matter of M. Rayquaza, they'll charge it up fast, 8 Pokemon on the bench. Zoroark likes that, because that means Zoroark can deal 250 damage to M. Ray and one-shot it. Just something to consider.

Often times against M Ray, they'll have discarded so much you might be able to just simply bump them out from OHKOing everything by maxxing out on FOGP. Zoroark is an excellent idea as well, although that card's price has gone up considerably.

Back