• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile/Starmie

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
An interesting deck I've started working with after evolution set is legal. There is a lot of excess space that I need help deciding what to do with.

Pokemon:
4-3 Mega Sceptile EX
2-2 Starmie EVO
2 Shaymin EX
1-1 Slowking (royal flush)

Trainers:
4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Hex
1 Lysandre
1 Team Flare Grunt
2 Team Rockets Handiwork
1 Delinquent
1 Karen
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Dive Ball
3 Trainers Mail
3 Sceptile Spirit Link
2 Escape Rope
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Professor's Letter

Energy:
8 Grass Energy

Starmie
Ability: Space Beacon
Discard 1 card from hand to grab 2 energy from the discard.

With this ability. Sceptile can in create and endless healing loop, at least in theory. If you can't ohko the M Sceptile, it's gonna be a bad day.

This deck tends to just draw, retreat, attack, and heal each turn. So there's room for more than just standard draw supporters.

Any thoughts on what i should add to this deck, or direction I should take it?

Last edited:
4x Puzzle of Time
2x Forest of giant plants
4x Max Elixir
4x Skyla
2x Starmie Break- Just Cause
1x Enhanced Hammer or 1x silent lab

That's 17 with Good synergy.
Puzzles to get back anything you may need like energy or sceptile. Forest of giant plants for a 1st turn sceptile stack. Max elixir to stack your first sceptile on the bench. Skyla for seraching for a max elixir first turn. Starmie break for a just in case you run into breaks. Silent lab to get rid of basic pokemon abilities. Enhanced hammer to make stacking other pokemon slower when it comes to special energy.

This is my deck list for you if you like it. Let me know if it works for you if you decide to try it.

Overall I like what this deck looks like.

4x Puzzle of Time
2x Forest of giant plants
4x Max Elixir
4x Skyla
2x Starmie Break- Just Cause
1x Enhanced Hammer or 1x silent lab

That's 17 with Good synergy.
Puzzles to get back anything you may need like energy or sceptile. Forest of giant plants for a 1st turn sceptile stack. Max elixir to stack your first sceptile on the bench. Skyla for seraching for a max elixir first turn. Starmie break for a just in case you run into breaks. Silent lab to get rid of basic pokemon abilities. Enhanced hammer to make stacking other pokemon slower when it comes to special energy.

This is my deck list for you if you like it. Let me know if it works for you if you decide to try it.

Overall I like what this deck looks like.

I like this deck idea.

I don't think you will need max elixir, Starmie BREAK and skyla. Starmie Break needs water energy, even though it would be great to use. Also The idea is to keep your energy supply fluent and heal your mega sceptile, so keeping it in your hand/deck is better.
I would advise playing assault vest so when you get down a spirit link-less m sceptile, you can reduce damage from m ray and m mewtwo.

Also maybe add energy count to 9 or maybe even 10

Atm I currently added
1 Professor's Letter
3 Forest of Giant plants
1-1 slowking
2 Dive Balls
2 Escape Rope
2 Team Rockets Handiwork
1 Delinquent
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Karen
1 Sycamore
1 N

I didn't see any point for puzzles either. there isn't much that I need to recover. Aside from supporters.

As for the assault vest. I need to be able to evolve without ending my turn. so other tools probably won't be a good idea.

Last edited:
As for the assault vest. I need to be able to evolve without ending my turn. so other tools probably won't be a good idea.

If you get a first turn mega sceptile (which is quite easy with Forest and Ultra Ball) it is good to use assault vest because of mewtwo and rayquaza

You say it's easy to set that up.
Forest of Giant plants
Grass Energy
Assault vest
Sceptile
Mega Sceptile

That's already 5 cards. not including the Starmie or slowking basics. from a 60 card deck. how many assault vests would you need to run to get it consistent? Also the tools would be useless after turn 1.

Ill update my first post

Last edited:
You say it's easy to set that up.
Forest of Giant plants
Grass Energy
Assault vest
Sceptile
Mega Sceptile
you don't always need assault vest first turn, but with trainers mail, Shaymin-EX, and Sycamore/N, it's entirely possible. Also, thanks, a final list will be nice. :)

Well the only time I would be comfortable ending my turn by mega evolving would be turn 1. If not it would be breaking the healing loop.

Back