• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Magma Assault (Team Magma's Zangoose / Skyfield)

dialga586

Aspiring Trainer
NOTE: I am only using cards from XY and on. Also, this deck will include Level Ball, which is going to be reprinted in Ancient Origins. :D

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Team Magma's Zangoose (DCR)
  • 3 Team Magma's Baltoy (DCR)
  • 3 Team Magma's Claydol (DCR)
  • 3 Team Magma's Numel (DCR)
  • 3 Team Magma's Camerupt (DCR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Team Magma Great Ball
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Revive
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Team Magma Admin
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 9
  • 5 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Zangoose's attack, Team Play, does 20 times the number of Team Magma Pokemon you have on your bench. Use Camerupt's Ability, Burning Draft, to attach Energy from the discard, then use Claydol's Ability, Magma Switch, to switch it to Zangoose. Another DCE attachment, and you can power up Zangoose in one turn! Sky Field allows you to have up to 8 Benched Pokemon, so Team Play can deal 180 damage with a Muscle Band, which OHKOs most EXs, excluding Megas. Revive gets your Pokemon back, Battle Compressor gets Energy and Team Magma Pokemon in the discard to use Camerupt's Ability and/or Team Magma Admin, and Level Ball and Ultra Ball can easily search for a Claydol and Camerupt, respectively.

Any thoughts or suggestions to the deck is accepted!

P.S. This is my first post, so forgive me if I make any mistakes.

Last edited:
I see the strategy your trying to get at. I see a few potential flaws. The lack of a damage source other than Zangoose can limit your possibilities, so adding something like magma pointer or team magma's Groudon-EX may come in handy when facing decks with a type advantage. You could also replace a fighting energy or two for a rainbow energy. Other than that, you're all good to go.

P.S. You actually have 9 energy and 35 trainer/supporter/stadium

I see the strategy your trying to get at. I see a few potential flaws. The lack of a damage source other than Zangoose can limit your possibilities, so adding something like magma pointer or team magma's Groudon-EX may come in handy when facing decks with a type advantage. You could also replace a fighting energy or two for a rainbow energy. Other than that, you're all good to go.

P.S. You actually have 9 energy and 35 trainer/supporter/stadium

OK. I'll add in 2 Rainbow Energy and take out a 1 Fighting Energy. Also, I add a Team Magma's Groudon EX. What should I take out for the extra 2 cards?

Back