Discussion Manectric / Bats Counter

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Hi everyone,

could you please name me one or two hard counters to Manectric/Bats (except Garbodor, I need a counter for XY-BKT). In my area there is one guy only playing Manectric/Bats and it's so annoying if you get the Gallade OHKO (my favorite deck is YZG atm) and then he follows up with a Crobat+Muscle Band/Giovanni. But I need a real meta deck, there are other decks to beat as well, a specific rogue won't work.

Thank you for your help
PlinfaTheBest

Hi everyone,

could you please name me one or two hard counters to Manectric/Bats (except Garbodor, I need a counter for XY-BKT). In my area there is one guy only playing Manectric/Bats and it's so annoying if you get the Gallade OHKO (my favorite deck is YZG atm) and then he follows up with a Crobat+Muscle Band/Giovanni. But I need a real meta deck, there are other decks to beat as well, a specific rogue won't work.

Thank you for your help
PlinfaTheBest
Mega Mewtwo EX Y, Zoroark, Bronzong, while I DESPISE the baby yveltal variant with a passion (you only get energy back with an attack, unlike bronzong where it's ON YOUR TURN), it is quite possible to get the seemingly stupid amount of 5 energy to ohko mega manectric. The deck is very good in general and only auto loses to night march and ironically fighting decks, (you don't use shatter shot mewtwo EX), it is not a rogue but a variant of MMY/zoroark/something that's not called baby yveltal. I can pm you a list if you want. For regular mane you only need 4 energy on your MMY (mega mewtwo Y) to oneshot manectric and whatever else you want to kill.

As a BatMan player, I know about bad matchups. Entei destroys it most of the time (I play Assault Vest to deal with that) but with Assault Vest, and if they play Parallel City, then they can Assault Vest and turn the Parallel City to make you do less damage, then KO you with a Bat drop (they usually don't attach special energy in that matchup.) As Empoleon_Master said, M Mewtwo/Zoroark does give the deck problems because you can one shot it but it can one shot you and attack with a non-EX. But, the matchup I hate the most is Mega Man. They can use Regice to nullify Manectric and use Mega Man and Rough Seas to keep it alive. Also, Articuno can easily take three prizes. Hope this helps!

Are you attaching a tool? If you do not need it to hit a KO, do not use it. If you must, Zoaroark should work against BatMan.

Hex Maniac - stops the Sneaky Bites temporarily

Hex Maniac + Hawlucha (with attached Strong energy and Muscle Band, and Fighting Stadium) 1HKOs unprotected Manectric EX.

Manectric EX + Wide Lens will give Bats fits.

Back