Mega Rayquaza Collection [June]

Great, a release for Basic Rayquaza! It isn't the greatest thing out there, but 130 is much more reasonable than 90 on Rayquaza LTR, so this could be a fun addition to Dragonquaza decks as a way to take care of things like Donphan and Yveltal in a single hit without worrying about using an EX. Lots of news around here, so excited!

Hey, even more important: It's a new card. Unlike the Primal Kyogre/Primal Groudon collections that were just alternate arts of the one we got in the theme decks. Also, M. Rayquaza figure.

Shame though the attack is kinda bad. I mean the damage is fine but the effect is absolutely horrible.

If I find a place around me when I'm back in Ireland that sells this, I'm gonna get it. Otherwise I'll have to dig into my PayPal reserves and get it online. That Mega Rayquaza figure looks too awesome to pass up.

The card, on the other hand... can they ever do a version of Dragon Pulse that doesn't force you to discard three cards from your deck? Maybe just lower the damage the move does or how much damage it does next turn is lowered/halved, or you just can't use it next turn?

Promo looks nice and it is decent. It has the same ability as the Carbink in Roaring Skies with a different name.

Given the status of our planet's ozone layer, I don't think Rayquaza is going to be blocking any damage despite what the card says.

Hey, even more important: It's a new card. Unlike the Primal Kyogre/Primal Groudon collections that were just alternate arts of the one we got in the theme decks. Also, M. Rayquaza figure.

Shame though the attack is kinda bad. I mean the damage is fine but the effect is absolutely horrible.

Trump Card much? Seriously, Trump Card makes these kinds of attackers much better. I'd go as far as to say that Dragon Mega Charizard-EX would become playable with it, especially now that it gets Reshiram, Robo Sub, and Mega Turbo to work with...
...and then you remember Dragon Mega Ray is a thing.

Perhaps so. Still, some relative originality in attacks would be appreciated just as much. I mean I realize after...what, sixteen years...of Pokémon cards that those may fall few and far in between but they could at least make the effort instead of just repeating the same darn thing every time the attack comes up. Especially when they're as specialized as Dragon Pulse.

Well its pretty much official that I need this figure to go with my P-Groudon and P-Kyogre figures.

This box is not released in Europe due to the figure having too many sharp edges. Stupid EU rules.

I want the Promo so bad since it's pretty playable for friendlies with Reshiram/Emboar, but I don't want to shell out money for the box. What I might consider doing is getting the box at standard price then selling/trading the other contents to get some money back, but it might not work.

This box is not released in Europe due to the figure having too many sharp edges. Stupid EU rules.

it's an awesome figure and sadly i can see people in the US will probably put the promo and figure up on ebay for ridiculous prices knowing that parts of the world can't get them at all. it's the rumble u figures all over again.

i was scared for a minute because i thought it wouldn't be released in Australia because we tend to get classified as "part of europe" for most international releases/region locks but banter collectibles has a page for it so i think we will probably get it. It'll be terrible value, those boxes are usually like $35 here and the boosters here are only $6.

It comes with a code card for the promo right? So the rest of us can at least get it for the TCGO.

The figure being exclusive to us is no different than jumbos being exclusive to the UK, and some of the prices for that are ridiculous for a card that is pure decoration.

I have to say personally I think the whole separation is utterly ridiculous. I mean really, sharp edges. Is it really that much more dangerous than the actual cards, or the packaging? I've had more cuts from opening the box then by holding the figures.

Looks like I'm gonna be hitting eBay for this one then... as long as it's not some stupidly inflated price.

The figure being exclusive to us is no different than jumbos being exclusive to the UK, and some of the prices for that are ridiculous for a card that is pure decoration.

I have to say personally I think the whole separation is utterly ridiculous. I mean really, sharp edges. Is it really that much more dangerous than the actual cards, or the packaging? I've had more cuts from opening the box then by holding the figures.

yeah but figures are cool and jumbos aren't really as cool. i thought america did get the jumbos?

i think most people would rather have the figure.

We get some jumbos, like the ones in the Rayquaza EX box, the soon to be Shiny Rayquaza EX box, the M. Absol EX collection. But our Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon collections had figures but no jumbo cards.

I would prefer both if it were easy enough to do.

the USA did in fact get the Jumbos of Primal Groudon and Kyogre, I've got them both. Granted, they did not come in the box with the primal figures. It came in a box called the Hoenn Collection, that came with alternate art promos of Primal Clash's Mudkip, Treecko and Torchic

OmegaLantern, not the jumbos of the primals. I know those came in the Hoenn Collection and the jumbos were in fact the reason I got two of them instead of the normal one.

When Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon collection came out overseas instead of the figures it had the jumbo cards of the promos they came with.
http://pokebeach.com/media/Kyogre-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY51.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/media/Groudon-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY52.jpg

These are an example of the jumbos we never got here in America. There are other examples. When we got the Xerneas and Yveltal collection with the figures the UK got the collections with jumbo versions of the promos instead.
http://pokebeach.com/media/Xerneas-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY05.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/media/Yveltal-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY06.jpg

These are just the XY examples.

Back