• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

MEGATON BLAST (M Aggron EX / Aegislash EX)

PokeBoss123

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 2 Aggron EX
    2 M Aggron EX
    3 Bronzor
    3 Bronzong
    1 Aegislash EX
    2 Victini
    1 Mr. Mime
    1 Cobalion
    Total: 15 Pokemon
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Ultra Ball
    2 Repeat Ball
    1 Computer Search
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Hard Charm
    3 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Professor's Letter
    2 Professor Birch's Observations
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Escape Rope
    2 Aggron Spirit Link
    Total: 34 Trainers
Energy:

• 9 Metal Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy
    Total: 12 Energy

Strategy:

Get M Aggron up and use Megaton Slam. With Muscle Band, Victini, and Mr Mime, you can hit for 260 most of the time, with no risk to your bench Pokemon. Aegislash is a back up if your Aggrons are prized or you're just having trouble getting them. Also helpful against Plasma decks.

M Aggron EX
m-aggron-ex.jpg

RE: MEGATON BLAST (Mega Aggron EX / Aegislash EX)

A 2-2 line of Bronzong is just not enough. You're going to need a 3-3 line to be consistently doing damage. Random Receiver isn't that great, since you already use VS Seeker. There's always the chance that you'll end up pulling a Supporter that you have no use for, like Lysandre.

Scans coming soon :)
Does anyone know if there will be an Aggron Spirit Link?
Also, thank you for the feedback

Wait, you wanna run Muscle Band in a deck that hits for 240 to begin with?
Consider Hard Charm, Trick Coin (one less Victini) or if you'd like to run another Stadium (does Training Center work on Megas?) you could even use Sparkling Robe. I don't think Muscle Band is a very good idea. Even ditching the tools for more consistency (faster MAggron) could be better. Other than that the deck looks great. I had an idea of using Outragers to gain back damage when you do fail the flips, but I'm not sure how viable it would be. Maybe if you used several. Coin is great in that case because you get two chances to say "no, I want tails" and just build an army of Outrage.

You'll need a Safeguard Pokemon or Robo Subsitute to be Active while you set up Mega Aggron-EX

FaustVIII said:
(does Training Center work on Megas?)

No, Training Center specifies that only Stage 1's and Stage 2's are affected.

Yea, don't use any Muscle Bands. Hard Charm is the way to go, since the idea is to take time to set up Mega Aggron, then make sure he can stay up there. I personally would wait on making a Deck List for this kind of thing until more Primal Clash cards are revealed.

I underestimated repeat ball. Another Victini, Aggron, or Bronzong. It's really helpful a few turns into the game.
I'm tempted to run a laser or plus power or something to counter wailord ex. Should I add it?

For tool removal i'd drop tool scraper and add startling megaphones simply to keep the deck in the current format.

Back