Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening Jan, 11!

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Cartoon Network will be airing 'Pokémon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back' on January 4th. Then on January 11th, Cartoon Network will air 'Genesect and the Legend Awakened' again, but this time will be followed by 'Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening!'

The Japanese version has already aired, but for us in America, it's brand new.

Who else will be watching this other than me?

If you've already seen it in Japanese, Please DON'T post spoilers pertaining to 'Mewtwo's Prologue to Awakening!'

Prince Dedenne said:
Cartoon Network will be airing 'Pokémon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back' on January 4th. Then on January 11th, Cartoon Network will air 'Genesect and the Legend Awakened' again, but this time will be followed by 'Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening!'

The Japanese version has already aired, but for us in America, it's brand new.

Who else will be watching this other than me?

If you've already seen it in Japanese, Please DON'T post spoilers pertaining to 'Mewtwo's Prologue to Awakening!'

I wish I could watch it, but I'm in Australia. I really love Mewtwo. Maybe I'll watch in on PokemonEpisodes.org...

The search for nostalgia (luckily) hasn't ended. I like that the footage is also released in non-japanese countries. Hopefully more countries/languages will follow.

There has been a lot of focus on Mewtwo lately. I wonder what role it will have in future generations. Is Mega Evolution the only new mystery around Mewtwo? We might see more.

Probably not going to watch it, as the Keldeo Movie killed Pokémon Movies for me.
I also herd that this Movie is short and I don't think they explain how there are two Mewtwos in existence now, nor how both Mewtwos look exactly the same and why one can Mega Evolve, even though Legendaries have never been able to evolve before, so why is one evolving now?
The closest Legendaries ever got to evolving, was changing forms, and even then they just switched around stats and sometimes changed one of its types, or what it looked like to better cope with the environment it's in.
Or in Kyurem's case, to feel more whole.

Blob55 said:
Probably not going to watch it, as the Keldeo Movie killed Pokémon Movies for me.
I also herd that this Movie is short and I don't think they explain how there are two Mewtwos in existence now, nor how both Mewtwos look exactly the same and why one can Mega Evolve, even though Legendaries have never been able to evolve before, so why is one evolving now?
The closest Legendaries ever got to evolving, was changing forms, and even then they just switched around stats and sometimes changed one of its types, or what it looked like to better cope with the environment it's in.

Well the prologue is a special, not a movie; that's why it is short. At least, I'm assuming you're talking about the prologue since that's the topic of the thread and The Legend Awakened wasn't really cut short.

You make some valid points though. And although the Keldeo movie was a huuuge let down, I think you should continue watching them. :cool: I didn't care for Genesect, but it was better than Keldeo for the most part. I'm just hoping that they'll continue to get better plot-wise since that's what really seems to be lacking for me. (as was the case with Keldeo and Genesect both)

Elite Stride said:
Blob55 said:

Well the prologue is a special, not a movie; that's why it is short. At least, I'm assuming you're talking about the prologue since that's the topic of the thread and The Legend Awakened wasn't really cut short.

You make some valid points though. And although the Keldeo movie was a huuuge let down, I think you should continue watching them. :cool: I didn't care for Genesect, but it was better than Keldeo for the most part. I'm just hoping that they'll continue to get better plot-wise since that's what really seems to be lacking for me. (as was the case with Keldeo and Genesect both)

Is there a way that I can watch the Prologue to Mewtwo's Awakening? I've really wanted to watch it since October and I live in Australia.
Sorry, I'm asking you since your the Head of Anime Staff.

HoOhLugia said:
Is there a way that I can watch the Prologue to Mewtwo's Awakening? I've really wanted to watch it since October and I live in Australia.

Sure, no problem!
You can find it in a lot of places, but I would personally recommend Youtube. Here is a subbed version for you.

Alternatively you could wait for the dub next week! And be sure to come back and talk about what you liked or didn't like. :p

Elite Stride said:
HoOhLugia said:

Sure, no problem!
You can find it in a lot of places, but I would personally recommend Youtube. Here is a subbed version for you.

Alternatively you could wait for the dub next week! And be sure to come back and talk about what you liked or didn't like. :p

Thank you! I'm sure that there will be nothing to dislike about it!

I didn't realise it at first, but I have in fact seen this.

I found it very disappointing, as it doesn't explain how this Mewtwo came to exist at all, nor is it much of a prologue, it's more of a bad fanfic.
I just always called this special "Virgil meets wannabee Mewtwo".

Back