XY More generation VI Pokémon confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that bird. It's my favorite this Gen so far (simple and similar) while the lizard is meh compared to the other ones. The panda is also pretty cool. Gogoat's gimmick is nice but the design could have been better (I don't like the grass on its back). I'm happy and I expect that they reveal Xerneas' and Yveltal's type in this month news (in their section).

True, true. Though who knows, maybe some other Pokemon from past gens can also be ridden, like Arcanine? Even if there were only like six other "mount" Pokemon it would seriously be awesome.

Hehe, it probably wouldn't be as fancy as Moltres. Maybe just a few fiery touches.

They had better; I've been waiting forever on their types. And by forever I mean since their designs came out.

Here's the second page. You can customize your character now.

mvdaHBV.jpg

.Towelette said:
My dreams have come true, a panda. That yellow and black thing has the same color pallet as Mawile... Pre-evo?

Seriously, you guys don't start with that "it's the pre-evo/evo of [insert older pokémon]" bs... Not again...

These are definitely all new pokémon...

Anyway, I must say I like them... Not anything majorly spectecular but they all look nice...

The robin looks a bit plain and when looking at a picture of the real animal, it could be compared to Pidove in the sense that they look little more than stylized designs of the real animal... But still, it looks ok. Learning Flame Charge is also interesting...

As a lot of people predicted, we now have an actual Panda... The fact it is Fighting type makes me think of it as the pokémon incarnation of the Kung Fu Panda...

The lizard-like pokémon is probably the more interesting design... The head doesn't look very lizardish but ok... I feel it will be like the Scraggy of this generation (although in a smaller scale perhaps) as it is kinda weird and people might not like at first... The typing bugs me a bit... I don't see much sense in having Normal as a secondary type... But I guess they're trying new things...

I also think the goat might have no evolutionary relatives... Not much to say about the design... looks fine as it is...

All in all, I'm satisfied with the new pokémon... no complaints here...

The region is indeed based on France... I was hoping they would put more european countries in it...

I don't like the characters... The male one is the worst ever IMO... The female one isn't much better either but makes me want to just play as the female trainer instead of using the male... That's how bad he is...

I'm still hoping for the types of Xerneas and Yveltal... but it doesn't seem likely for now...

Does anyone have a super closeup on the little drawing with Gogoat walking through the city? All of the Pokemon in the background there are probably ones that have already been revealed, but maybe they put in a little easter egg? Maybe...? Okay probably not. u~u

Actually more importantly we need a close up of that region. Maybe we could play "Find the Spot Where the Legendary Pokemon Appear".

I was about to ask for that. I can see most of the Pokemon that we know (starters, the bird obviously Gogoat). There are some unclear that I would like to know. On the character's page over the male's hat there seems to be a Pokemon using Solar Beam but I can't distinguish it.

Anyone noticed the male PC walking through some sort of Cafe-Market area? I like that makes the world look actually inhabited. I also spy a Fennekin walking alongside an NPC who is holding flowers or a basket.

If you look closely too you see the new bird Pokemon perched atop the umbrellas at the cafes/markets.

Huh, yeah...looks like there's supposed to be a whole other page there!

It reminds me a lot of Castelia City in the BW games...

It looks like a there is a Froakie jumping. There is also the bird with the wings stretched. There doesn't seem to be any new Pokemon after a better look but there are trainers with Fennekin and Chespin (at the dinner table).

Yes, they look like the Robin. Look closely at the tail it's the same as the robin Pokemon. Anyway I think it's cool that they are doing this. Fully inhabited Pokemon world just what I wanted. :-D

Yes finally :D
Is there a new pokemon near the female trainer's foot on the left..is it a new Pokemon or charmander?

It's the robin. You can tell by the eyes and the robin also appears to be the Pokemon in the top right corner that's using a Solarbeamish move too.

Metalizard said:
I don't like the characters... The male one is the worst ever IMO... The female one isn't much better either but makes me want to just play as the female trainer instead of using the male... That's how bad he is...

What's so bad about him? I don't see much wrong with either of them. Of course, we all have our opinions.

I think he just looks like they combined the BW and BW2 protagonist and then gave it a haircut, in my opinion. Honestly I really like the blonde design of his (maybe with a not-so-pale skintone though), but it does feel somewhat hackneyed.

The female on the other hand is beyond precious. She FINALLY has a sensible hairstyle wow. Definitely going to get both games and have one gender in each.

I love the panda. I hope its evolution isn't just a generic fat bear like Ursaring though. The one in the scans looks slightly puppy-like... it'd be cool if it had an evolution vaguely reminiscent of Arcanine. I feel like bipedal Pokémon are a bit overdone now.

.Towelette said:
Metalizard said:

What's so bad about him? I don't see much wrong with either of them. Of course, we all have our opinions.

Pretty much this:

Luna_Cat16 said:
I think he just looks like they combined the BW and BW2 protagonist and then gave it a haircut, in my opinion. Honestly I really like the blonde design of his (maybe with a not-so-pale skintone though), but it does feel somewhat hackneyed.

The girl character is ok...

FINALLY we are able to customize some parts of our character, sadly we probably won't be able to customize as much as we want to
I absolutely love Gogoat and I'm definitely gonna get one just so I can ride it around everywhere :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back