Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to Metal, Death Metal, Punk, Ska, Hard Rock, Rock, Classic rock, Alternative, Indie rock. And thats about it.

I listen to all types of music. Anything is fine with me. =) But I guess my fav would be Hard Rock or Heavy Metal.

Wolf616 said:
My favorite genres are Neo-Folk, Industrial, Noise and Metal. But I also listen to Punk, Pop, (neo-)Classical, Electro, Disco, etc.

Some of my favorite bands are:
Death in June (Neofolk)
Rome (Neofolk)
Sonne hagal (Neofolk)
Sieben (Neo-classical/Neo-folk)
Blood Axis (Neofolk/Martial)
Der Blutharsch (Martial)
Boyd Rice (Noise)
Crisis (Punk)
Alkaline Trio (Pop/Punk)
Devendra Banhart (Pop)
Christian Death (Rock)
Nine Inch Nails (Industrial/Metal)
Marilyn Manson (Industrial/Metal)
Divine Heresy (Metal)
Watch them die (Metal)
The Kovenant (Metal)
Firewind (Metal)
Electric hellfire club (Industrial/Metal)
Foetus (Industrial)
Pigface (Industrial)
Combichrist (Electro/Industrial)
Ulver (Electro)
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult (Disco)

Recommendations are always welcome. ;)

celldweller is imo the best there is in the electro/industrial/metal type of scene... you should check him out. awesome guy.

I'm only familiar with his oldest album. Which did have some really nice songs. I'll go and find some of his newer stuff. Thanks for the advice!

I really enjoy music of the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Jazz and Classical as well. Not all of it, but there are a lot of good tunes that were focused on the music, not how the people making it looked. You know. I feel it's been more that recently.

Man... music is amazing, it's my life haha (considering I play in bands and such). Anyhow, I'm a pretty all-around guy when it comes to music. I enjoy listening and playing to all genres of music, so when it comes to that I'm pretty easy to please I guess you could say. :3
WP

The wonderful links in my signature (don't kill me, it's just a joke). And any Pop/Hip-hop tracks.

dmaster out.

Daisy said:
Hey pokebeach. So i love pokemon but my second love it music. So i was just curious what kind of music pokebeach likes? I like alt-rock, believe it or not. I may seem like a girly girl but my favorite bands/Artists are The White Stripes, Coldplay, and Ellie Goulding. So pokebeach, what kind of music do you like?

Okay you're pretty much my new favorite person. Alternative rock is downright amazing, and it's good to find people with similar tastes.
But now i'm going to list every band that I like (in Alphabetical Order)

The Airborne Toxic Event
Alkaline Trio
The All-American Rejects
Anarbor
Anberlin
Arctic Monkeys
Asking Alexandria
The Astroids Galaxy Tour
Band Of Horses
Beastie Boys
Beck
Ben Folds
Black Mountain
Blink 182
Bloodhound Gang
Blue October
Boards of Canada
The Bravery
Chairlift
Coconut Records
Cold War Kids
Coldplay
The Constellations
The Cribs
D 12
Dandy Warhols
De La Soul
Death Cab For Cutie
Depeche Mode
The Dirty Heads
Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Dr. Dre
Drist
Eminem
Everclear
Fall Out Boy
The Fashion
The Features
The Flaming Lips
Flobots
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Freelance Whales
The Gaslight Anthem
Gnarls Barkley
Goldfish
Good Charlotte
Good Source of Fiber
Gorillaz
Green Day
Head Automatica
The Heavy
Hockey
Hole
Hot Hot Heat
Incubus
Jay-Z
Jet
Jimmy Eat World
Julian Casablancas
Kaiser Chiefs
Keane
Kill Hannah
The Killers
The Kooks
La Roux
Lady Gaga
Lil' Fip
The Limousines
Linkin Park
Little Boots
LL Cool J
Lounge Against The Machine
Machester Orchestra
Maroon 5
The Matches
Matisyahu
Matt & Kim
Metric
MGMT
Mindless Self Indulgence
Modest Mouse
Motion City Soundtrack
The Murder City Devils
Muse
Mute Math
My Chemical Romance
Neon Trees
Nine Inch Nails
Of Montreal
OK Go
Panic! At The Disco
Pantera
Papa Roach
Paper Tongues
Passion Pit
Pepper
Peter Bjorn And John
Phantom Planet
Phoenix
Plain White T's
The Postal Service
Queens Of The Stone Age
The Raconteurs
Radiohead
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
Riverboat Gamblers
She Wants Revenge
The Shins
Shiny Toy Guns
Smash Mouth
Smashing Pumpkins
The Soft Pack
Spose
The Strokes
Sublime
Sugar Ray
Teddybears
The Temper Trap
Them Crooked Vultures
The Thermals
Third Eye Blind
Tijuana Panthers
Tokyo Police Club
Two Door Cinema Club
U2
The Used
Vampire Weekend
Verve
The Virgins
We Are Scientists
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Weezer
The White Stripes
Wolfmother
The Wombats
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Yeasayer
30 Seconds To Mars

Lots n' Lots of music!

Full out metalhead here. No, not like A7X or Disturbed, they don't really count, and they're pretty light as far as metal goes.

For a while, I was a huge fan of thrash metal. While I appreciate the classics like Metallica and Slayer (SLAYER!), I find myself enjoying the new bands more like Evile, Gama Bomb, Bonded by Blood, Hatchet, etc.

I still love thrash, but I'm slowly moving more into straight out death metal and grindcore. Bands like Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Deicide, Aborted, Exhumed, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Origin, Impaled, Pig Destroyer, Insect Warfare, etc.

I'm also OK with other forms of metal. Between the Buried and Me is a great progressive metal band. Can't say I've listened to much Dream Theater or Opeth but people seem to love them as well. There's some really cool folk/viking metal as well; Equilibrium's albums Sagas is amazing and appeals even to non-metalheads.

Anyone who recognizes even 1/3 of the bands I just listed has my respect.

well, my favorite music is the music from The Beatles,they music they did is wonderful, and i like the fact that most of their music has a story behind it

Journey, Motley Crue, Nirvana, Dragonforce(I got addicted), ACDC, Beatles, or anything else Classic Rock

Metalcore is a sexy genre. Atreyu, All That Remains, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, In This Moment, Avenged Sevenfold (Before they made City Of Evil), and Bullet For My Valentine are great Metalcore bands.

Dichromate said:
Full out metalhead here. No, not like A7X or Disturbed, they don't really count, and they're pretty light as far as metal goes.

A7x used to be metal, but after Waking The Fallen, they went Hard Rock.

Electimortar said:
A7x used to be metal, but after Waking The Fallen, they went Hard Rock.
Lol, well the point I was making is that I'm not a huge fan of stuff with clean singing, aka "accessible" metal. I used to love metalcore (I listened to more than half of the bands you listed), but now I can't really take clean singing, and the only real metalcore bands I can listen to are Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge, both of which are far from accessible to the average person.

Er.

All-American Rejects
Bangles
Beatles
blink-182
Broadway Kids (lol, I'm serious. I love Broadway musical music. ;D)
Cage the Elephant
Coldplay
Elton John
Fall Out boy
Flobots (just Handlebars, though)
Good Charlotte
Green Day
Jimmy Eat World
Linkin Park
Ludo
Muse
Paramore
Puddle Of Mudd (Just She Hates Me)
Queen
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Rise Against
Shinedown
Styx
Three Days Grace
The White Stripes
Yellowcard

Of the ones mentioned above, I have to say Good Charlotte is probably my favorite. Also, as previously mentioned, I love Broadway Musical Music and sometimes TV show music. As of the moment, I have the following soundtracks on my iPod:
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Hi Zero)
Phineas and Ferb
Broadway Kids (a compilation of many Broadway songs, sung by talented kids)

Like Zero, I will at times play Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Dvorak (diacritc umlaut using num. pad?) and Coldplay. Though they cannot keep me entertained for extended periods of time, I do enjoy their music.

And... there you have it. ;D

Well, if we're going to list ALL of our favorite bands...

I hate 90% of the mainstream artists. I can't stand Lady GaGa, both her personality and music. This is my personal opinion, but I think Muse is kind of overrated, and Linkin Park just doesn't appeal to me. It's not that I necessarily hate the music (except for Lady GaGa, I really do), it's more my hatred of the fans. I refuse to participate in a cult of followers for someone whose music I don't particularly think is good, or who doesn't spark my interests. Anyway, this is pretty much all I listen to anymore. I'll find a random trance/techno band here and there, but I don't really stick to them for long.

Remixes. 16/8-bit.
Alex M.
Alphazone
Armin van Buuren
Chase and Status
Crystal Castles
deadmau5
Foo Fighters
Infected Mushroom
Justice
Legend
Little Boots (just started listening, I strongly recommend her)
Lost Prophets
Oasis
Paramore
Pendulum
Portugal the Man
Radiohead (I don't really like them as much as I used to)
Signum
The All-American Rejects
The New Puritans
The Ting Tings
The Offspring
Uffie

The more I look at this list, the more I see myself smoking weed in a few years.

Gale said:
Well, if we're going to list ALL of our favorite bands...

I hate 90% of the mainstream artists. I can't stand Lady GaGa, both her personality and music. This is my personal opinion, but I think Muse is kind of overrated, and Linkin Park just doesn't appeal to me. It's not that I necessarily hate the music (except for Lady GaGa, I really do), it's more my hatred of the fans. I refuse to participate in a cult of followers for someone whose music I don't particularly think is good, or who doesn't spark my interests. Anyway, this is pretty much all I listen to anymore. I'll find a random trance/techno band here and there, but I don't really stick to them for long.
I agree with you here partially, I'm ok with popular bands but not their songs, especially now, where when it's in a show or video game, it suddenly becomes popular, or even more popular. Example, Journey, my favorite band, their most popular song, Don't Stop Believen, I HATE. It's overrated, and was ruined when put in Glee.

Uhhh... alternative, metal, rock, some techno and slightly poppy rock stuff sometimes.

Arctic Monkeys
Eagles of Death Metal
Eels
Electric Six
Pendulum
Queens of the Stone Age
RHCP
White Stripes
Other random stuff, not enough time to really list it all.

Anything techno, or anything played at clubs. I love jekyll and hyde and remixes of lady Gaga/ke$sha/popular artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back