Article Nationals Top 8 Deck Lists!

Enrique Avila is my hero. I am rooting for him to win it all.

Still, I wish they wouldn't have made the deck lists public. Whoever fights him is going to know to not play any draw and just get ahead on cards drawn and they will win.

Wailord, Garbodor, Klinklang, and Hippowdown. How did this happen
Just when we thought it was dead, Garbodor gets two top 8 places.
Wailord just wants to make you quit.
Klinklang and Hippowdown just destroy EXs.
This top 8 has a theme.

Yikes... Having another disrupting deck was the least that I wanted ... :/

What's with the Metal Decks >?? 0.0 They're so many! :)

I love this Masters top 8! The single fact that there is soooo many rogue decks in the top 8 encourages others to think creatively, I think. And I'm rooting for Grant!

My fear with that Hippodown is Toad.

EDIT: I've just noticed most of the rogue decks are on the right side of the bracket. That could make things interesting.

Last edited:
That Wailord deck tho... I like that it's a deck that's pretty much been never seen, but I hate the idea of actually playing that deck. I would be unbelievably bored in a match up against a deck that's literal goal is to sit there and wall until I deck out(no attacks, no nothing. Just sitting with a 250 HP Pokemon that keeps healing). Other than that the top 8 is pretty dope. Surprised a Riachu variant didn't make top 8 tho...

The Wailord took me by surprise. But hey, its another reason to be happy buying a bunch of Primal Clash packs. (I love Primal Clash SOOOOO much <3)

Some people must have been really annoyed by that Wailord EX deck..... I kinda like it, but it has it's cons

Last edited:
GG! Jason takes it! Man... What a great player... :) He's the most accomplished player of all time and I doubt if anyone ever will be as successful as he...

What a travesty. It just goes to show how dull this game has become. That a deck as boring and unimaginative as toad/garbodor won nationals. Great attempt Wailord.

What a travesty. It just goes to show how dull this game has become. That a deck as boring and unimaginative as toad/garbodor won nationals. Great attempt Wailord.

So you call something like Seismitoad EX/Garbodor boring and unimaginative, yet you enjoyed the fact there was Wailord EX? Sure, it's more imaginative, but that deck could be considered even MORE boring. The goal with Wailord EX was for it to just sit there and be healed until you deck out. I'm not sticking up for Seismitoad EX, but if you hate toad so much, you should hate Wailord EX pretty equally.

If they had kept deck lists secret, I think wailord would have won. But no small feat to make it to top two.

If they had kept deck lists secret, I think wailord would have won. But no small feat to make it to top two.

I think it was live streamed enough that Jason K would have found out or pieced together the list regardless

I didn't watch the stream so I didn't know they were shown. Still, it was nice to have a list available.

Jason... So good, it would be pretty chillin to face him in a competitive context. GG to the other competitors, their was some very well thought out deck's this year around, I hope for the same next year, God Bless.

Back