• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Need help for battle roads tomorrow, please help! (Empoleon/Donphan,or Zekeels)

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
Empoleon/Donphan Deck List

Pokemon: (14)

4-1-3 Empoleon (Maybe add 1 more Empoleon)
3-3 Donphan (Counter Dark/Lightning)

T/S/S: (34)

4 PONT
4 N
2 Cheren (Take this out and add Juniper instead?)
2 Random Reciever
2 Dual Ball (I only have two)
2 ion
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Lost Remover (helps with tornadus/ EX)
2 Pokemon Center (Counter other stadiums and heal earthquake damage)
1 Super Rod
1 Max Potion

Energy (12)

6 Water
6 Fighting

First off I do not own any Terrakion, so do NOT say -Donphan and add Exp. Share and Terrakion. The main problems is not being able to get set up or get an Empoleon out by turn two. I feel like the deck is to clunky by having to much accesories (if that makes sense). Other than that, this deck is made to be a quick counter for Dark/Lightning decks with a draw engine and use of attack command.

Zekeels Deck List

Pokemon (14)

1 Zekrom
1 Thundurus
2 Tornadus
1 Raikou
1 Mewtwo
3 Tynamo (NV 38)
3 Eelekrik
1 Shaymin
1 Smeargle

T/S/S (33)

4 Juniper
4 PONT
3 N
2 Random Reciever
4 Junk Arm
3 Catcher
2 Dual Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
2 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Plus Power
1 Super Scoop Up
1 Super Rod

Energy (13)

9 Lightning
4 Double Colorless

Everything is basic explanation for the Zekeels. Some of the cards I do not have duplicates or can not get access to is Smeargle and Mewtwo.

Let me know what I should add and take out. Thanks!

I prefer Emploleon personally, others might disagree but I find it's less predictable and more fun to play. Personally, I think Donphan's the better play anyway, and it'll counter the more meta decks in the format in exchange to ZekEels. As for the deck, here's what I'd do:

1) Take out Pokemon Center - They both run on a single Energy, so just stick in more Max Potions instead, I'd say just the one as you can Junk Arm if you need anymore.
2) You need some for of searching out your basics, especially with having a Stage 2 in there. You need more Dual Ball's, or you might want to consider going back to using Collector and switching the Random Receiver to PokeGear.
3) Juniper is a must, 7 cards off the bat is too good to pass up.
4) Put in some form of searching for your evolutions. Ultra Ball might be a bit too much with having Junk Arm in there, so perhaps adding two Pokemon Communication.
5) Just an idea, but you could consider a 4-0-4 for Empoleon. It's definitely worth considering.

Out of curiosity, what is "ion"?

Hope this helps!

Back