• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Night March

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
Hey guys. So I have a rather annoying dilemma here. I see most every night march player have a very successful turn 1 in which they play multiple battle compressors and are able to hit t1 night march for 180 or more. I on the other hand struggle just to get t1 100 damage. I run the whole 9 yards of 4 battle compressor, trainers mail, puzzle of time, 3 shaymin, etc. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but see for yourself. Much help needed.

Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Joltik PHF
  • 4 Pumpkaboo PHF
  • 4 Lampent PHF
  • 3 Shaymin EX ROS

Support: 41
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 N
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Teammates
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Puzzle Of Time
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 1 Target Whistle
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Float Stone

Energy:4
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

UPDATE #1

-2 Pokemon Catcher
-1 Float Stone
-1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
-1 Xerosic

+1 Mew FCO
+1 AZ
+3 Acro Bike

Last edited:
I see that you have no acrobike. Another standard 4 of in night march. That might be the reason.

Probably some luxury cards. I wanna say keep 1 of the 3 switching cards. 1 Pokemon catcher.

Idk maybe teammates.

Or you could try just 3.

First off, I don't know why you play NM. I can't believe I'm doing this, but I will help you. You definitely need to play Teammates so you can easily wreck your opponent. Just think, you get a big KO but your Joltik falls. You Teammates for 2 Puzzles and do whatever you want. I am also confused that you aren't running Mew FTC. It is a very powerful card. Like other suggestions though, you do need Acro Bike.
Edit: I also question you running Pokemon Catcher. It will not hit all the time and Lysandre is the way to go. You have the drawpower to play non-draw supporters.

Hi @MaD_DoG

As others have pointed out, the glaring omission from your list is Acro Bike. In its place you seem to be running the following 'luxury' cards that are nice to have but not essential for your core strategy:

1 Xerosic
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Float Stone
1 Target Whistle
1 Escape Rope
1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue

That's a whole 8 cards that could be holding you back from those explosive first turns.

Here are my suggestions:

-1 Xerosic
-2 Pokemon Catcher
-1 Float Stone
-1 Escape Rope
-1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue

+1 Mew (FCO)
+1 Misty's Determination
+4 Acro Bike

Mew functions as another attacker and, thanks to a free retreat cost, is very mobile.

Misty's Determination is very underrated. It can grab you the key card you need during your turn, discard a Pokemon from your hand and it looks further into your deck than a Professor Sycamore would. It'll also allow you to conserve resources that you don't want to Sycamore away, such as Puzzle of Time.

I hope these suggestions help!

Acro bike is not the reason. I don't have any acro bikes and never fail to be explosive, so I think you are just being unlucky or too hesitant to shaymin because you lack AZ. I think the following:

-2 Pokemon catcher
-1 float stone

+1 AZ
+ Lysandre
+1 Enhanced hammer (until Pokemon ranger is released, this messes up giratina which presents a lose condition)

Then I think you have my current build of turbo night march which serves me well. Mew is nice, but hex maniac is the main reason I would never commit energy to it unless for game, so I don't bother playing it. If you want a mew, take out buddy buddy rescue.

My thoughts on acro bike are that it lets you push through your deck but often destroys valuable resources getting you random cards that may or may not help. It also pushes you too close to deck out during a long game. Team rockets handiwork and bunnelby can exploit your low deck size after biking. Pushing your supporter count up makes you more able to get to a meaningful supporter at any given turn and makes your trainers mail able to grab you better things faster.

Acro bike is not the reason. I don't have any acro bikes and never fail to be explosive, so I think you are just being unlucky or too hesitant to shaymin because you lack AZ. I think the following:

-2 Pokemon catcher
-1 float stone

+1 AZ
+ Lysandre
+1 Enhanced hammer (until Pokemon ranger is released, this messes up giratina which presents a lose condition)

Then I think you have my current build of turbo night march which serves me well. Mew is nice, but hex maniac is the main reason I would never commit energy to it unless for game, so I don't bother playing it. If you want a mew, take out buddy buddy rescue.

My thoughts on acro bike are that it lets you push through your deck but often destroys valuable resources getting you random cards that may or may not help. It also pushes you too close to deck out during a long game. Team rockets handiwork and bunnelby can exploit your low deck size after biking. Pushing your supporter count up makes you more able to get to a meaningful supporter at any given turn and makes your trainers mail able to grab you better things faster.
I normally agree with you but I can't here. Arco Bike is absolutely necessary in Night March you rarely hit T1 180 otherwise.

My recommendations:
-4 Joltik
-4 Pumpkaboo
-4 Lampent
-3 Shaymin-EX
+3 Froakie
+4 Frogadier
+2 Greninja
+2 Greninja
+ 4 Greninja BREAK

No, but seriously you should run a couple of Mew's in this deck with a few more Fighting Fury Belt's, that will give you a stronger base attacker.
Summary:
-1 Xerosic
-1 Teammates
-1 Pokemon Catcher
+2 Mew
+1 Fighting Fury Belt

@Ivy_Profen
I will try 3, teammates is too valuable imo.

@DatSonicAce
I don't run night march as my main deck (yet), it's mainly used for testing against other decks. I don't run mew because i didn't have the space and it is vulnerable to hex maniac or silent lab. I will try 1 to 2 though. And i run catcher for the mirror. I won't be able to use lysandre on shaymin every turn because i will have to maintain my board state (Night Marchers, DCE, etc).

@WastedSkyPirate
Changes look good to me. Misty's determination would be awesome and i will try it if i have space left over after the changes.

@LightningCloud224
I do try to conserve my shaymins a little... and i really do like AZ, but i didn't have the room for it when i originally made this list.

@PineDog
Will try 1 mew for now because I want the priority to be to hit high numbers asap, and 2 fighting fury belt has been working fine for me, but if I have space, a third will definitely be added.

Thank you so much for all of your help. Keep it coming if you see something that should be changed, I am open to anything. I will update the list and note what I took out.

I normally agree with you but I can't here. Arco Bike is absolutely necessary in Night March you rarely hit T1 180 otherwise.
You don't actually need 180 damage on the first attack good sir. It's nice to have. I'm not seeing how the acro bikes contribute as much as shaymin and sycamore. If one were to include bikes though, it would be 2 or 3 count, not 4.

You need 4 Acro Bike.

-2 Catcher
-1 Sycamore
-1 Mew
- 1 Float Stone

+4 Acro Bike
+1 Hex Maniac

Hex kills the mirror match if you're facing the NM with Mew.

It's boom or bust with NM.

Back