• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Non-Toad Energy Denial (Sharpedo EX / Yveltal / Hydreigon)

asdjklghty

-------------
Pokemon (18):
  • 4 Sharpedo EX
  • 3 Yveltal
  • 3-2-3 Hydreigon PHF
  • Darkrai EX
  • 1 Jirachi EX
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33):
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 1 Lysandre
Energy (9):
  • 9 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

The idea is complete energy denial for your opponent. Set up Sharpedo EX with Yveltal and at the same time get a Hydreigon ready then use Jagged Fang to get rid of energy on the opposing Pokemon.

Combine this with Crushing Hammer and Team Flare Grunt and even Seismitoad EX can't recover.

Last edited:
Do you mean yveltal ex or non ex? Because the energy denial with the Ex is kind of counter productive imo. Yveltal Ex does more damage the more energy is on both actives, if its just your active you have to commit tons of energy to get OHKOs. If its the non ex than thats a different story. Charging your bench pokemon is always a good idea.

For a secondary attacker, it might be better to use Malimar Ex, since it no only puts your opponent to sleep, but it can also do some pretty decent damage if flips go well.

Do you mean yveltal ex or non ex? Because the energy denial with the Ex is kind of counter productive imo. Yveltal Ex does more damage the more energy is on both actives, if its just your active you have to commit tons of energy to get OHKOs. If its the non ex than thats a different story. Charging your bench pokemon is always a good idea.

For a secondary attacker, it might be better to use Malimar Ex, since it no only puts your opponent to sleep, but it can also do some pretty decent damage if flips go well.
I edited my list. I meant baby Yveltal.

Back