News North Korea. What's Next?

Little Cherrim

Political Obsessor
104229765-GettyImages-630775040.530x298.jpg

Recently, Kim Jong Un, dictator of North Korea has fired four "Test" ballistic missiles into the the sea of Japan.

Combined with the recent assassination of Kim Jong Nam, the dictator's half brother, this is somewhat concerning.

What I would like are some shared opinions about this issue and some outlook as to what might happen in the future.

Last edited:
They are concerning, but I don't think they have enough in their arsenal to take out everyone they're against. And firing a single missile would effectively destroy themselves, because they would most likely lose the war, and a treaty would punish them heavily. Doing anything with the missiles seems like a poor strategic move, which makes me think that they're trying to intimidate us into appeasing them. But I don't know much about the topic, so I may or may not be off base.

Lets say Kim Jong Un did engineer a nuclear missile, and launched it straight at a major American city with no intervention. Scary right? Well millions of innocent Americans would perish and the world would be in utter shock. However, our current president, Trump, would immediately react, backed by all the other members of NATO, and launch a load of nuclear weapons at the communist state with more than equal retribution. This would than lead to the revolt of N.K's communist (or radical) sympathizers, starting a third world war, which would involve the possible exchange of nuclear weapons for the first time in world history. This war would easily end the lives of a few countries in particular. However, realistically, say Un does release an intercontinental nuclear missile, our defense systems will shoot it down, and the North Koreans would be between a rock and a hard place. Any offensive action by N.K would be a erroneous move and can spell doom for the communist regime.

North Korea is woefully unequipped for war anyway. Its army is relatively small, and public opinion for the current dynasty is falling more and more each day, as more families are stricken by starvation or other basic errors on the leader's part. Indoctrination in the country is powerful and will go a reasonable way, but North Korea's troops would be, for the most part, unmotivated. Not to mention inconsequentially small; America's population is over 15 times that of North Korea.

A nuclear war would be devastating worldwide, but the one country who would definitely be hit hardest by any kind of nuclear war would be the instigator. Kim Jon Um, for all his shortcomings, isn't stupid, and he knows this. As such, the notion that he might actually use these missiles is absolutely tiny. Don't forget that N. Korea actually declared war on America I think a few months ago, and not a single person has died yet as a result.

Just think of N. Korea as the passive aggressive old guy across the road who shouts threats at you as you walk down the road for no discernible reason, bu the most he can actually do is throw a rock in your direction.

North Korea is woefully unequipped for war anyway. Its army is relatively small, and public opinion for the current dynasty is falling more and more each day, as more families are stricken by starvation or other basic errors on the leader's part. Indoctrination in the country is powerful and will go a reasonable way, but North Korea's troops would be, for the most part, unmotivated. Not to mention inconsequentially small; America's population is over 15 times that of North Korea.

A nuclear war would be devastating worldwide, but the one country who would definitely be hit hardest by any kind of nuclear war would be the instigator. Kim Jon Um, for all his shortcomings, isn't stupid, and he knows this. As such, the notion that he might actually use these missiles is absolutely tiny. Don't forget that N. Korea actually declared war on America I think a few months ago, and not a single person has died yet as a result.

Just think of N. Korea as the passive aggressive old guy across the road who shouts threats at you as you walk down the road for no discernible reason, bu the most he can actually do is throw a rock in your direction.
About Kim Jung Un being not stupid, I think otherwise personally. First off, this young dictator is the ultimate loose cannon in terms of decision making. He is supreme ruler of that land currently, and his ego is probably 200 times the size of Trump's (which albeit is HUGE! [pun intended]). However, hopefully, Un is a better leader for his people than I see him to be, because one poor move can spell certain doom for the dying communist nation. On the other hand, I agree with everything else. North Korea's strict isolationist ways have weakened the state so harshly that, upon American retaliation from a launched war head, the country would be obliterated. But for now, please make me wrong about Un's judgement.

Side Note: I would call Kim Jung Un more aggressive than passive aggressive, while he may not do anything but bare his fangs, he is by no means sweet after doing so.:D:cool:

Back