Ruling oran berry? Burning Aura? confused..

iceman86

Aspiring Trainer
this happened when i was playing at a league.
my opponent used Liability to attack my Politoed ex which has an Oran berry attached to it. Weezing is knocked out due to damages to itself and he took out Thyplosion UF (Burning Aura) to OHKO my POlitoed ex. which one takes place first during the between turn phase? oran berry which removes two damage counters from my politoed ex or Burning Aura which OhKO my politoed ex?
I supposed that both take effect simultaneously, so if that's the case, is my politoed knocked out due to the Burning Aura pokebody of thyplosion?

In oran Berry text it says:"At any time between turns", which means that u could heal before taking damage.

I think, in the moment between your opponet Ko Wezzing, and bring thyplosion to be the active pokemon, you could use the oran berry to heal Politoed ex, cause this time is the called "between turns", so Politoed ex probabily could kick Typlosion ass.... jejeje...

See the problem is, you'd both claim to be right to your decision. The Typhlosion guys will say he's right because he gets 2 prizes. You will say you're right to save Politoed. So you'd need a judge there to sort it out. However, like Lord9511 said, Oran Berry says "Any time between turns". Which can mean before OR after status, attack effects, poke-powers/poke-bodies. The person with the Oran Berry chooses in this situation.

mmm... I think the both has the right... so maybe in this situation is for the one that speak first... so youll be quik thinker...

The person being affected by Poké-Powers/Bodies, Tools, whatever... they are always the one that gets to choose in what order things happen in case things happen at the same time.

Actually, KO checks in between turns happens at the end of that step, so burning aura would place 1 counter, wich normally would KO, but then oran berry will activate, leaving the defending pokemon with 20 HP in this scenerio, no more, no less. Same goes with poison, burn, etc. Now lets say your burned and Full Flame is out (If a pokemon is burned, and fails the burn check, place 4 counters instead of 2, burn cannot be removed by evolution) and your at 10 HP, then you would be KOed, reason is that you flip tails, so you take 4 counters (-30HP) and then oran berry kicks now your at (-10HP), since your at 0 or less, KO

No one in Burning Liability is going to burn you anyway, so there's no reason to have Full Flame. However...

Oran Berry's text says "At any time between turns." So the player can choose when he or she wants Oran Berry to activate, as long as it happens between turns. It's no different than if the holder of Oran Berry was Poisoned. You can choose to take your 10 from Poison and then cure yourself 20, or cure yourself 20 and then take your 10 from Poison.

If taking 10 from Poison (or your 1 Burning Aura counter) would put your HP to 0, you get KOed since your HP are 0 or less, so you had better choose to heal first.

pimpwalkin - heres my resource for what I said

FROM the ATM section of the PokeGym

POKEPOP:
Actually, it doesn't matter what order you do it in since all effects are resolved before checking for a KO.
However, the player with the Defending Pokemon gets to choose the order to apply and remove the damage

so we are both right, but i can apply all your negative effects first, and then heal, and as long as i have 10 or more HP left, i survive the in between turns step. Also, i put the burn check thing for another example

Ah, yes. I forgot that no one is Knocked Out until all "between turns" effects are resolved, although in most instances it's something along the lines of "Burn Down, you die."

Just kidding. No one uses Charizard ex. :p But you get the idea.

Back