PB- The Ultimate Big Bad Battle

~Magma King~

Nettle Carrier
For many years, the citizens of Pokebeach lived in harmony, peaceful as the humble bee, living their daily lives like any person would. But things began to get rotten. The government had corrupted. Gangs began to form, dividing the once perfect society into pieces. And in every single, ordinary citizen, evil thoughts and bad temper bounced around their minds. Eventually these problems mounted to a climax. The situation was catastrophic! There was now only one, reasonable, civilised course of action to take... FIGHTING!

And so now, I, the Magma King, proudly present:

ve

That is right! The biggest battle ever to walk the face of the earth walks on Pokebeach! Do you have what it takes to defeat the most powerful members in all of Pokebeach?

Development
This game is being made as an RPG type thing that can be played on the computer.

Characters
List of finished characters: (more will be added)
1. Water Pokemon Master
2. Heavenly Spoon
3. Bacon
4. Zenith
5. Dark Marc
6. Kevin Garrett
7. Magma King
8. Dmaster
9. Ariados Megaform
10.GODZILLA
11.Dusktung

Unfinished(Characters planned on appearing, not yet done):
Gale
Mimebread
Charizard
Lenny
Z-Man

Note that if you do not appear (not even sure if you'll be able to choose these characters but) the player character will be customisable.

Attacks
Need lots of help with these. Suggestions would be awesome. Having images for an animation would be even more awesome, not neccessary, but it would certainly help.

Current stuff:
Fire Lazers-
Special
No element
Fires lazers. Moderately powerful attack with no other effects.

Bacon Beam-
Special
Bacon
Powerful, accurate bacony attack.

Recover-
No element
Recovers health.

Magma Blast-
Special
Fire
Wide hitting Magma attack. Harms all foes.

dmaster SMASH!!!!!! O_O
Physical
All elements
Extremely powerful attack with numerous effects. Uses a lot of energy.

Spoonray-
Special
Psychic
Moderate power. Random effect on the foe.

Screenshots
Coming soon!

Notes
Just need to do some more stuff(battle background, fonts) and then hopefully there'll be some screenshots.

All help is appreciated, even if it's just comments on stuff done already.

Nothing else to say for now... so post away!

RE: PokeBeach- The Ultimate Big Bad Battle

I obviously win. I have the most powerful of all avatars.

But how does this work? What is it? Are you making an actual computer game here, or... something?

Sorry for the lack of information. I'll get around to making a more organised first post at some point. D:

It is being made as a computer game, yeees.

It will be the battles of battles. Hope this works, if you need help on character moves and things I can help. :3

As you say the first post needs to be more informative. You neec to awnser questions in it that people may be thinking because if they know little about it they won't be as interested in helping. You may want to say describe things such as:

Scripting-
One of the most important things as the standard scripting for RPG maker Xp is good but rather Unoriginal and may not suit a fighting game.

Hud-
Is there one and if so how does it work

Battle system-
Especially for a battle game. What kind of system will you use? Will it be a standard front facing view one or will it be a Tekashi style side view? That will also tell people what kind of animations you need.

I really don't think people want me to post all the scripts but...

HUD- Possibly.

Battle System- It'll be an RPG style battle system. I would've gone for a more fighting game-type thing but there's really no good game engines for that. Front facing view.

bacon said:
I obviously win. I have the most powerful of all avatars.

Oh touche, but I have the strongest attack making me the most powerful!

But yeah, this sounds cool. If it ever gets done I want to see it all.

dmaster out.

I should have a very short demo-type thing out pretty soon. Just need to figure out how to change a few things to make it look better.

lol, I hope that Ariados Mega Form and Bug Buff appear. I'm going to play as him all the time. <3

Why not at the start take a quiz to choose which charecter you are like the mystery dungeon games.

That's basically what it is. Mainly just choosing moves, best stats, appearance stuff etc.

Character list updated! Images will be up soon.

Ah. If you need help with eventing or whatever, I can help, but I can't actually *make* any events, because I don't have RMXP.

If anybody knew how to change the font that would be great as it's probably the biggest "problem" so far. The font doesn't fit with the new backgrounds and stuff at all so I'd really like to change it.

Ah. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the same as RMVX.
In the script called "Main" put this above begin, but before you do any of this, check for something related to fonts in the main script.

Code:
Font.default_color = Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
Font.default_name = ["Franklin Gothic Book"]
Font.default_shadow = true
Font.default_bold = false
Font.default_italic = false

Font.default_color changes what color the font is. It's RGB, then black.
Font.default_name changes the font. Just put in the name of the font.
Font.default_shadow puts a drop shadow on the text or doesn't. Put false for no shadow.
Font.default_bold is the same as shadow, but it makes the text bold.
Font.default_italic makes the text italic.

Didn't need to include the shadow bit, but it works now. Thanks! ^.^

Are you wanting this to be a pokemon style fighting game, or a Super smash bros. type fighting game? In think a SSB style would be more interesting. Also, what program do you plan to use? I think gamemaker pro does this kind of stuff, but I don't think any of us want to spend 25.00 USD. Do you know of any free programs we can use. Also, can I be in it? ^_^

Originally it was actually a SSB type thing but the game engine was pretty terrible. Currently it's a more pokemon styled fighting system but the game is far more flexible and easier to do stuff.

For your other question, I don't see why not.

Back