Pokemon Pokémon is the Draw

TrainerXIII

Keyblade Trainer
Hands down, Pokémon is my favorite Nintendo franchise. I like it more than Zelda. I like it more than Metroid. I even like it more than Mario. Pokémon was the sole reason I bought an N64 back in the day and why I got back into Nintendo platforms.

That said, I seriously doubt I would buy every Nintendo platform if Pokémon did not appear on it. I guess you could call me a Pokémon fanboy (and proud of it).

So how about it. Anyone else this way about Pokémon? Would you be so willing to buy every Nintendo console if it lacked the series? If Pokémon was owned by someone else (SCEI, Square Enix, Capcom, etc.) and on other platforms (say PlayStation), would you like the series as much?

I am here with ya. A new handheld just wouldn't be what it is w/out pokemon. I mean pokemon shot game boy sales through the roof. I agree. The console games like Battle Revolution I could to without unless they made an actual game w/ a good storyline, but the handhelds I could not. Mystery Dungeon is also pretty addicting.

I would not bought any of the handhelds if it wasn't for Pokemon.

Well, I always buy the consoles. Not particulary for Pokemon. I'm fine with Zelda too, and there are lots of other good games. Anyway since Nintendo released a Pokemon game for every console I can't do less than buy it. For the handhelds, I don't know. Ofcourse I own a DS and the Pokemon handheld games are amazing, but I start to like less and less other handheld games, and buying a handheld only for Pokemon is a bit... expensive. But Idk, I'll see what I'll do...

I have the DS due to games like The World Ends with You and such. Pokemon is a definite draw for me with handhelds...not so much with consoles, though. I mean, seriously, PBR? The new Pikachu game? Ranch?

Zenith said:
I have the DS due to games like The World Ends with You and such. Pokemon is a definite draw for me with handhelds...not so much with consoles, though. I mean, seriously, PBR? The new Pikachu game? Ranch?

I'll have to support Zenith here. The new Pokemon games on the Wii are, very mediocre in my opinion. Nothing compared to the likes of Zelda and such.

I'll admit, the Wii offerings are pretty lackluster (and I thought it couldn't get worse after the GameCube's). The new Pikachu game looks pretty good to me though. Ambrella and Genius Sonority are out of the picture for this title, so who knows. It could be even worse, but I think it has a chance to be solid for what it is. I do find it to be a shame the console games don't get the same treatment as Mario or Zelda however (especially since Pokémon is Nintendo's 2nd best seller).

I play pokemon games less than most of my other games, but I am kind of like that. My wii was my first new system (out of DS, Xbox, Ps3 and PS3), and it has no pokemon games at the time. I won PBR for free, but would never buy it. I think when pokemon games come out, I usually am more motivated to buy one, but I buy systems based on the console, not whether or not it has pokemon.

They need to make a Pokémon game for the 360. A good one with:

• A single-player mode similar to the handheld games
  • A stadium mode with a better announcer
  • Multiplayer ditto, like a coop single-player mode or some such
  • Graphics that are so awesome they cause the RRoD :p

(Yay, another Saanaito fanboy :D)

Because I heard Nintendo's selling off all their IP (copyrights and the such), plus the 360's graphics are epic sauce.

Why exactly would Nintendo sell their IPs? They're doing great; selling of IPs is usually done by failing companies such as Midway.

And please, never say 'Saanaito' again. It is pronounced Sirnight, no matter the spelling (As 'Saanaito' is roughly the equivalent of writing a person's accent), and spelling it Saanaito is just as grating as typing something like 'Sonikku'. No offense.

Zenith said:
Why exactly would Nintendo sell their IPs? They're doing great; selling of IPs is usually done by failing companies such as Midway.

That's what I heard, it may not happen.

Zenith said:
And please, never say 'Saanaito' again. It is pronounced Sirnight, no matter the spelling (As 'Saanaito' is roughly the equivalent of writing a person's accent), and spelling it Saanaito is just as grating as typing something like 'Sonikku'. No offense.

In the original Japanese games she/it is called Saanaito, therefore that stands as official.

Ketsuban said:
That's what I heard, it may not happen.

Zenith said:

In the original Japanese games she/it is called Saanaito, therefore that stands as official.
Do you really think GameFreak would ever release a game on the 360? Nintendo owns 33% of the Pokemon franchise, so that would almost be impossible, unless GameFreak quits their connections with Nintendo, but that's equal to suicide...

Btw, the Japanese is サーナイト, litterally translated; Saanaito. But the pronounciation is Sirnight. サーナイト is just the closed they could get to Sirnight with Japanese characters. But yeah... Sirnight is the official pronounciation.

Just sayin' - you guys are doing okay so far, but if this turns into a Gardevoir discussion I will have no choice but to lock this thread. Stay on topic. :]

hers my story

loved TCG
got WII with battle revolution
got ds to play on wii (platinum and DP)
got gameboy games to put on ds
got gameboy and game boy color
got N604
and now Im buying every pokemon game there is

Ketsuban said:
They need to make a Pokémon game for the 360. A good one with:

• A single-player mode similar to the handheld games
  • A stadium mode with a better announcer
  • Multiplayer ditto, like a coop single-player mode or some such
  • Graphics that are so awesome they cause the RRoD :p

Why not make Halo for wii? Because it is a platformer. Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, and pokemon are nintendo's main platformers. These are icons for nintendo, and many people buy the system just because of them. Not to mention a very low percentage of PS3 and Xbox users would buy pokemon games.

Platformer Halo FTW :p

I don't think you get the meaning of the term 'platformer'; a platformer is a game where you jump on platforms (like Mario).

I've always loved pokemon ever since I got Ruby. Ruby is the reason I still love pokemon today, the reason I love Steel types, the reason I play Platinum, the reason I'm on pokebeach! As you can see if has done alot to me!

Yeah, I love Pokemon a lot, and the only reason I bought the Gameboy and on is because of Pokemon.

I still love other games, but I would choose Pokemon first :D

Back