XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

TomoEGoto said:
Well, at least we'll know for sure once the games come out in 13 days (12 for some).

I wonder if maybe as a way to draw people to customizing their trainers that Nintendo could release special clothing and items aside from the standard event items and Pokemon (oh and I almost forgot the newly revealed O power).

I know it's a long shot, but why not? Make things interesting.

Like Pokemon themed clothing? Pretty believable. Go around looking like Ash, Misty, Brock, and others would be pretty cool. Maybe even dress like Pokemon such as Lucario and Pikachu.:p:D

CoolJosh10 said:
TomoEGoto said:
Well, at least we'll know for sure once the games come out in 13 days (12 for some).

I wonder if maybe as a way to draw people to customizing their trainers that Nintendo could release special clothing and items aside from the standard event items and Pokemon (oh and I almost forgot the newly revealed O power).

I know it's a long shot, but why not? Make things interesting.

Like Pokemon themed clothing? Pretty believable. Go around looking like Ash, Misty, Brock, and others would be pretty cool. Maybe even dress like Pokemon such as Lucario and Pikachu.:p:D

Those already exist in game, I believe. PSS shots have confirmed a Pangoro hat, and Fletchling hair-pin. I wouldn't need special clothing to customize my character, it's one of the features I'm anticipating the most! (among many other things of course)

Gowsh this wait is killing me anyway i heard that someone said they might be adding secret bases (3rd generation thing) maybe it would serve as a home where you could use the new EV training thing?

Alright, math time. We have 40 pokemon so far. Assuming the Talonflame and Pyroar lines are complete, assuming the remaining pokemon we expect to have evolutions do have them, we have 3 more in the starters' evolutions, helioptile, spritzee, swirlix, clauncher, and skrelp's evolutions, espurr, the koala thing, and hawlucha, that's 11 more pokemon assuming none of those are 2 stage lines. That only leaves us with 19 more unknown pokemon. Let's just hope that the number 70 is not true...

EDIT: That's also assuming that the koala doesn't evolve(unlikely), flabebe doesn't evolve, and all evolution lines we've seen so far are complete.

CMDLAX15 said:
Gowsh this wait is killing me anyway i heard that someone said they might be adding secret bases (3rd generation thing) maybe it would serve as a home where you could use the new EV training thing?

EV Training and Pokemon-Amie can be accessed on the bottom screen at pretty much any time (excluding dialogue, I think).

MalaMarty said:
CoolJosh10 said:

Those already exist in game, I believe. PSS shots have confirmed a Pangoro hat, and Fletchling hair-pin. I wouldn't need special clothing to customize my character, it's one of the features I'm anticipating the most! (among many other things of course)

Really?! Nice but I meant like a full ensemble.

halfrican said:
Alright, math time. We have 40 pokemon so far. Assuming the Talonflame and Pyroar lines are complete, counting the remaining pokemon we expect to have evolutions do have them, we have 3 more in the starters' evolutions, helioptile, spritzee, swirlix, clauncher, and skrelp's evolutions, espurr, the koala thing, and hawlucha, that's 11 more pokemon assuming none of those are 2 stage lines. That only leaves us with 19 more unknown pokemon. Let's just hope that the number 70 is not true...

I really doubt it. I know it's possible, and all, but just seems unlikely. I think if there was some validity behind the number 70, it'd be ON TOP of the 40 Pokemon that've already been revealed.

CMDLAX15 said:

Hmm, I doubt they would bring back the secret bases. Even if they did, we'd at least see some minor details about it. Besides that, I don't they will unless they plan to bring it back in a R/S remake (I know, I know, been done over and over, but you get what I mean). Aside from that though, no I don't think you heard right.

MalaMarty said:
CMDLAX15 said:

EV Training and Pokemon-Amie can be accessed on the bottom screen at pretty much any time (excluding dialogue, I think).

It has to exclude dialogue. Think about. You're talk to a Team Flare scientist ready to battle and then you just decide to start petting and feeding your pokemon in front of them. Can't take you seriously after that.

Where is the typing info for froakies supposed evolution? After scanning 30pgs of this thread I had to find the photo on another site cause the pic was deleted and no one reposted it. Surely the "leaker" could confirm all three starter evos and typing since he has one and his friends/rivals probably have the other two and battle him.

Ohman177 said:
Rizupicor said:
The guy who posted Greninja posted his pic very early in the morning (I've been up since 3am, but can't exactly remember when I saw the post. It was very early though) and the pictures from the guy with Chespin seem to be more recent so I'm pretty sure it's two different people.

No "guy" posted greninja and the other first 2 pics. It was just a felllow forumer who found them on the internet. He didn't claim them as his. The last 4 are from a different forumer who DOES claim them as his.
I was referring to the post I read on 4chan where the pic was first posted, and the person had said that they had received an early copy and was the one who lead people to believe there were only 70 pokemon and no post game. I wish I could link to the original post but unfortunately the thread was deleted.

Greninja seems weird, I like the scarf idea, however I did a small analysis of Hawlucha and there is something pretty weird about this Pokemon.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8744/45i8.png
1. Number of Wing feathers and the matter of perspective - okay, I understand that it can be non-symmetrical but everytime these things seem to have different length and number. All those pictures have very weird perspective, and where are those vertical stripes, we see on the most clear image?
I can believe that the guy might have a game, but Hawlucha looks fabricated to me.
Greninja still might be real, though.
But, don't worry about it - just my opinion.

CoolJosh10 said:
MalaMarty said:

I have a lot of faith in the customization, on top of Pokemon-based items, PSS shots have exhibited alternate expressions. It all seems very detailed.

1374336_349860398482453_422021277_n.jpg

602074_349861075149052_316027768_n.jpg

Forsak3n_90 said:
Where is the typing info for froakies supposed evolution? After scanning 30pgs of this thread I had to find the photo on another site cause the pic was deleted and no one reposted it. Surely the "leaker" could confirm all three starter evos and typing since he has one and his friends/rivals probably have the other two and battle him.
You would think they could leak other information if they already screwed themselves over with the first pic, but nope. After they posted and answered a few questions they fled 4chan and their thread was deleted, and as far as anyone knows that person hasn't posted anything since. They never mentioned it's typing and never revealed anything about the other starters, other than saying 'other leaked starters are true' which made no sense since there had been no other starter leaks lol.

MalaMarty said:
CoolJosh10 said:

I have a lot of faith in the customization, on top of Pokemon-based items, PSS shots have exhibited alternate expressions. It all seems very detailed.

1374336_349860398482453_422021277_n.jpg

602074_349861075149052_316027768_n.jpg
Well, it would be interesting to be able to get wardrobes of the previous trainers and gym leaders as well as special costumes through events (Shiny Pokemon costumes with the same shimmering effect only subtle?). Possibly even mix and match (wear Red's clothing and wear Lucas' hat). I mean, it's optional, you don't have to get it for what its worth unless you want to and yada.

Haverok said:
Greninja seems weird, I like the scarf idea, however I did a small analysis of Hawlucha and there is something pretty weird about this Pokemon.

1. Number of Wing feathers and the matter of perspective - okay, I understand that it can be non-symmetrical but everytime these things seem to have different length and number. All those pictures have very weird perspective, and where are those vertical stripes, we see on the most clear image?
I can believe that the guy might have a game, but Hawlucha looks fabricated to me.
The "vertical" lines you mentioned are because he was using a webcam to take a picture of another screen. It often messes up like that.

In regards to the feathers, keep in mind that it's a 3D animated model that moves. It's feathers aren't all going to stay in one place, they will move with the pokemon.

I'm betting the 70 number is for one of the Kalos Pokedexes such as the Coastal Dex and it confused someone and the rumor started.

Haverok said:

Maybe Hawlucha's wing feathers appear depending on it's emotions and reactions.

Haverok said:

1. Number of Wing feathers and the matter of perspective - okay, I understand that it can be non-symmetrical but everytime these things seem to have different length and number.

It's all down to perspective. This one summarizes how different it's wings can look depending on the perspective.

559405_349862961815530_320127924_n.jpg

I honestly don't think it's possible for those new images to be photoshopped, it has been confirmed that GF has in fact sent out codes for review sites to download the game from the e shop so we should't be surprised that someone decided to leak everything. TBH they should have waited till next week to send them out, 3 weeks early? With the internet the way it is the majority of the games information is going to be spoilt for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back