Strategy PokeBeach's Official Sixth Generation Ban List (OU)

RE: PokeBeach's Official X / Y Ban List

^^^ I understand what you mean, and what Smogon is doing, but if smogon bans things to make teams more diverse then more things should be ban.(I know things are banned for being to strong but based on you previous post you say its for diverity) Based on your previous post ferrothorn should be banned, it is nearly on every team i face which causes people to carry magnezones or Zaptos'. Those three pokes by them selves are on most teams, Celfable is another that should be banned based on that logic. I know you can say, They are easily countered and arent that strong but based on you previous post you say,

I understand what you're saying, but it's important to keep in mind that diversity isn't the only reason pokemon are banned, it's just one of many reasons. Something being absurdly powerful (ie: Kyogre) is another reason. Being able to flawlessly support a teammate without the opponent being able to answer is another reason. (See: Shadow Tag). Along with several other reasons. (See: Drizzle + Swift Swim, Baton Pass on more than one pokemon).

I also think there's a key difference between banning Ferrothorn and banning Aegislash: Pokemon don't just get banned because they're used a lot. In the entire history of the game, the only pokemon I can think of off the top of my head where this happened was with Genesect in BW OU, where it was literally used on HALF of teams in OU. This is clearly a very special case, otherwise banning a pokemon for a lot of usage just doesn't happen. There needs to be some other factor. Pokemon do get banned because they have an extremely limited amount of counters, and this puts a heavy strain on teambuilding. If we banned pokemon just because they were used a lot, we would be banning Aegislash's counters in an attempt to force people to use different ones instead of banning Aegislash itself :p

So there's many reasons that pokemon can be banned, things like Mawile or Aegislash get scrutinized the most because they aren't "un-counterable." To be honest, I can understand why people question bans like this the most because the effect that they have on the game isn't as painfully obvious as something like Kyogre would have, so the bans seem to come out of left field at times, but there are reasons behind everything. I promise. It might seem like it, but smogon doesn't just throw darts to see what gets banned :p

Shadow Tag Suspect Test Vote has concluded, the result being 52.6% in favor of ban. However, due to members complaining about how the whole process was handled (the vote in itself, the fact that 50% of the votes was required instead of the usual 60, the fact that ORAS is coming along, as well as the fact that 18 Ban Votes and 43 No Ban votes were rejected), the ban is not in effect for the time being.

chaos, the owner of Smogon, announced that Shadow Tag will not be banned. In light of these events, the paragraph voting system was tossed aside and suspect tests in Ubers will supposedly never take place again. The above are a consequence of the massive negative feedback of the competitive community on the grounds of an Ubers test as well as the way it was handled.
tl;dr people can still wreck face with MegaGar.

Just to clarify, if Shadow Tag is banned from Ubers, does that mean it's banned from the lower-tiers as well? (Like Moody, in previous generations?)

No. As stated a lot of times in the suspect threads, the ban would have been enforced only in the Ubers environment. Seeing as how Shadow Tag is already banned on all lower tiers bar OU, a ban on Ubers STag would still allow Gothitelle and Wobuffet to be used in OU.

[sarcasm]omg smogon nabs slamenc no op omg[/sarcasm]

That was quick, and we all expected it. Time for Salamence to go back to UU.

I expected Mega Mence to be strong enough to be quickbanned. Then they posted the damage calcs on facebook. I still wasn't even prepared for how stupidly strong it was lol. It apparently survives 252 Atk Life Orb Ice Shards WITH NO INVESTMENT IN BULK, and can 2hko Landorus-T at MINUS ONE if Rocks are up. That might even be bad enough for nintendo to give it the boot from VGC

We have never seen anything get the boot from VGC though... I mean, not even Mega Blaziken is banned. Doubt it will happen with MegaMence.

That's because doubles is by its very nature more balanced due to double targeting so it's pretty hard to steamroll two opponents at once with just one pokemon. I don't know if Mega Salamence is /that/ strong. Also iirc Mega Blaziken actually was banned due to not being available in Kalos outside of the event or whatever.

In other news, Ubers is now a tier with a new banlist called "Anything Goes" where only Mega Rayquay resides atm. I assume we're implementing this, as well.

Mega Rayquaza, the most terrorizing thing Pokemon games have ever seen after Gen I Mewtwo finally forced people to reach a definition for Ubers. Surprising, given how close the whole Shadow Tag fiasco is, but Mega Ray truly breaks the universe.

It wasn't predicted in any capacity, but at the same time it does sound like a sane decision to save Ubers. On the other hand, AG, with only one clause and nothing else afaik, is going to be something some will avoid at all costs but others will drown in - for example, with the species clause null, I watched a team of six Sheer Cold Kyogre on PS through a few matches. In one, it almost lost to a team of six Water Spout Wailord. I don't know, but at least it saved Ubers.

Updating our list accordingly.

Anyone knows if mega metagross will be OU or uber? Also any chance of lucarionite being unbanned? I mean lucario is so frail.

Mega Metagross is OU. Also, let's refrain from discussing unbanning or retrials. If it is decided that a test will be done for a Pokemon like Mega Lucario, it will be done - whining about it won't make it happen any more quickly.

Is Moody in "Anything Goes" or is it in "Ubers"? (Not that I would ever use such a tasteless ability, I'm just curious.)

I'm also wondering where all of the new Mega Stones ended up. Salamencite is the only one off the top of my head that went straight to ubers, but I'm interested in seeing which ones I can use in UU.

For the Mega Stones, this is what I could find:

Tier update for December 2014:
Wobbuffet moved from RU to NU
Lopunny moved from PU to RU
Altaria moved from PU to UU
Leafeon moved from NU to PU
Pidgeot moved from PU to RU
Sableye moved from UU to OU
Dragalge moved from NU to RU
Salamence moved from UU to OU (will drop soon lol)
Sceptile moved from NU to RU
Mawile moved from OU to UU
Houndoom moved from UU to RU
Beedrill moved from PU to UU
Metagross moved from UU to OU
Source

Any new Megas not on that list are in the same tier as before ORAS from the looks of it.

As for Moody, it is still banned from Ubers, but it is legal in AG iirc. The only clause in there is Endless Battle.

One Approved said:
Is Moody in "Anything Goes" or is it in "Ubers"? (Not that I would ever use such a tasteless ability, I'm just curious.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You think moody.. Is tasteless... In anything goes?
I'll tell ya what's tasteless!!!!! Facing a team of Mind Reader, Sheer Cold Artcunos with a Scarfed Kyogre with Sheer cold, and a mold breaker drill run excadrill to take care of those Sturdy Pokes.

I wouldn't mind facing a team of 6 moody smeargle. Trust me.

Uralya said:
Lopunny moved from PU to RU
Pidgeot moved from PU to RU

Those will be brought up for sure. I use Pidgeot is OU and destroy with it. As for Lopunny, it has to good of stats, ability, and moves to stay RU and can be used easily in OU, IMO.

Houndoom moved from UU to RU

Sad to see him drop Houndoom is really good if used right

Back