General Pokemon Shuffle

Teal said:
This time it's only top 10000 in Europe. Uh-oh...
I'll make sure I'll get it though.

You have to beat me first then, I want it really badly :p

But why couldn't it just have been 20000 again? If it worked last time, it should work now :/

I didn't know numbers had been changed for this one. My region has the same number so I thought all regions would've had the same amount. Percentage wise though, NA still has it harder. I had seen the stats posted somewhere.

I think most of the PAL region scores is around 10-15000, since I went from ~5900 to 2533 by going from 12000 to 14000. The top score though, ~45000, how do they do it?! :/

Mega Start, high-level Expert stage Pokemon, and lots of home menu buffering.

PMJ said:
Mega Start, high-level Expert stage Pokemon, and lots of home menu buffering.

Mega Start is not available on this level though, only the Disruption Delay and Complexity -1 are available, I guess their Pokemon must be high levelled though, cause I use the same Pokemon as they do :/

Complexity is important since it gets rid of the squirtle.

I gave the competition another go and got 15,700 without items or home buffering. It got me to rank 4900.

King Arceus said:
I gave the competition another go and got 15,700 without items or home buffering. It got me to rank 4900.

(language)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHrtA8Pab-s[/video]

I can't get past 12k

Haxorus has a set solution:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P84_S1Ecb-A[/video]

I've just learned about how experience works in this game from GameFAQs. Here are the relevant details.

Each level gives [Total Moves] EXP. All EX Stages give 10 EXP, regardless of the time limit.
Remaining Moves, Bonus Combo, Overkill and Type Matchups have no effect.

If you don't manage to defeat the Pokemon, you get [Total Moves] * [Percentage Damage Done]% EXP, for example 64% damage on Ampharos would get you 32 EXP (50*64%).
The crowned Pokemon in the results gets a 2x multiplier, receiving double the EXP. The crowned Pokemon is the one that's removed the most, including those which are removed by a Mega Evolved Pokemon's effects.

The amount of EXP a Pokemon needs to level up depends on its starting Attack Power.
Starting Attack 30 = 50 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 40 = 55 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 50 = 60 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 60 = 65 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 80 = 75 Base EXP.
Other values are not checked yet.

Each level is harder to reach than the last.
Lv.2: Base EXP * 1
Lv.3: Base EXP * 2 (total: 3x)
Lv.4: Base EXP * 3 (total: 6x)
Lv.5: Base EXP * 3 (total: 9x)
Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)
Lv.8: Base EXP * 18 (total: 51x)
Lv.9: Base EXP * 21 (total: 72x)
Lv.MAX: Base EXP * 24 (total: 96x)

In other words, going from Lv.1 to Lv.5 takes as long as going from Lv.5 to Lv.6.

So if you want exp, go for stages with a large number of moves. Ampharos has 50 but it can be tough to beat. If you're like me and trying to level up Pokemon for the Blastoisinite competition (or leveling up Pokemon who match poorly with Electric), try Buneary, whose stage has 30 moves and is a billion times easier than Ampharos.

All right after grinding the Mega Blastoise Dream Team to level 5 and home buffering like it's going out of style I wound up with like 13k or whatever, it put me at 9300 and change for rank so I think I'm good.

Finally going to move on in story mode, just caught Feebas after spending 2359785928 hearts tryna get past Larvesta. The newly acquired Mega Gengar and a Moves +5 secured victory.

Just wait til you get to stage 165. It's almost impossible to win without items.

9,5 hours before Mega Blastoise challenge is ending, and I managed to get from 10300 to 9300, I really hope I get to stay under the 10000 :D

If you had a good enough rank in the Mega Blastoise competition you are now able to get the Blastinite by checking in. Of other importance, Groudon is finally available as a special stage. It has a large amount of HP. I suggest trying to make a match of four or five as your first move because it will trigger a combo and breaks the whole middle section. More normal stages have also been added although I only played one because it took four hearts for Groudon to stay in the Poke Ball. The first one seemed to have a ton of HP. Even with using Heracross' Swarm I wasn't able to defeat it on first try. I also had Yveltal and Gengar as my other two Pokemon since its a three Pokemon stage.

KA what did you use to beat Milotic? I've tried everything, and it's impossible :O
Got my Blastinite and my Groudon though ^-^

I'm starting to give up! I'm trying to beat Mewtwo Mega Y with Mega Gengar Heracross Scizor and Scyther all in level 82 with the disruption delay and I keep failing.. :( any advice?

Mega Start is really helpful on that stage. I also used Mega Sableye since I didn't have Gengar at the time, and it can get rid of some of the disruptions.

Caught Groudon after a few tries.

I was able to defeat and capture Milotic using Mega Start and Feebas.

New Pokemon Safari is out now, where the Optimize button no longer exists and you gotta roll the dice and hope your team matches up well

The encounter list (in order of perceived rarity based on my own experiences):

Spinda (common)
Cherubi (uncommon)
Carvanha (rare)
Cherrim (very rare)
Sharpedo (very rare)

I've gotten Sharpedo exactly once (and was fortunate enough to capture it). Cherrim, like three times. Carvanha probably half a dozen.

I don't like that it's basically a stab in the dark for team makeup. Carvanha only gives you four moves, so you basically need three pokes to hit for weakness and pray you get an amazing combo or you lose.

Right now I'm using Scizor, Lucario, and Xerneas (finally) since they're my strongest Dark killers. I might look into getting some more bugs since Bug is the only type that hits Dark and Grass super effectively.

I just hope they don't swap out the Pokemon before Ive gotten a chance to pick up Cherrim (especially since it has Quriky+) and Carvanha.

I have all five captured already. The team I used was Mega Gengar, Heracross, and Heatran because when you only have 3 Pokemon you can get 30+ combos easily from its ability activating. Heracross' Crowd Control will activate every time on a 4 or 5 match so you can get a healthy dose of damage from that.

Back