Pokemon Trading Card Game Online tournaments.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
More accurately, a pilot tournament. Just a couple days ago, PTCGO players received 11 "Tournament Tickets" as their daily reward. Apparantly a pilot tournament was going on as well, but since my Internet connection wasn't too good for online gaming, I didn't get to play it.... does anyone else know about this?

From what I heard, the person who got second place received two booster packs. I was at work when it happened. :(

I got to play in two rounds of a tournament, but lost in the 2nd round. (it was single elimination) The prizes were all just packs with the exception being the player who got first place getting 12 Tournament Tickets in addition to the 4 packs. I haven't seen any active tournaments since then.

Adding Tournaments to PTGO is a great idea. I have played MTGO for years and for the last 4-5 years haven't spent a dime in game as I draft a lot and use my winnings to allow me to keep playing.

Hopefully TPCi can integrate online tournaments with Championship points, akin to the MTG PTQs. If you have an online tournament schedule that closely mirrors that of physical game, it would give players more of a chance to qualify for Worlds.

I haven't played on PTGO since the update that included X and Y. I think that particular update was a nightmare. The way the card images are handled now really irritates me and is the biggest reason I haven't played online in a while. That said, if tournaments are up and running, I may just have to play through my irritation and get a deck thrown together.

Pope said:
Adding Tournaments to PTGO is a great idea. I have played MTGO for years and for the last 4-5 years haven't spent a dime in game as I draft a lot and use my winnings to allow me to keep playing.

Hopefully TPCi can integrate online tournaments with Championship points, akin to the MTG PTQs. If you have an online tournament schedule that closely mirrors that of physical game, it would give players more of a chance to qualify for Worlds.

I haven't played on PTGO since the update that included X and Y. I think that particular update was a nightmare. The way the card images are handled now really irritates me and is the biggest reason I haven't played online in a while. That said, if tournaments are up and running, I may just have to play through my irritation and get a deck thrown together.

I agree with you that the CP integration would be a GREAT idea. Maybe even an online worlds equivalent, where the winner gets some IRL prizes as well as being showered with prizes in the PTCGO?

Earlier I remember there was a theme deck only tournaments running that I played a couple of times.

Everyone got 8 tokens and 4 tickets just for playing, 3rd-4th got 1 booster, 2nd got 2 boosters, and 1st got 3 boosters. (From what I remember.)
The boosters weren't randomized though, I just don't remember the order.
I kept placing 2nd/3rd/4th because theme decks are theme decks.

Back