Pokemon XY: Ash's Kalos League team.

JeremyTCG

"OH NO, WATCH OUT WATCH OUT! RKO!"
Okay, If this isn't the right thread, please move this mods!
Okay, Pokemon XY. Hmm, I'm gonna theorize Ash's team by Strength, Bond, or What I want. <-- Don't take this rude lol. Anyways, let's go see what I wanna see in Ash's team..

Stength
Charizard (Mega X) - (Doesn't have it as of when this is posted, but I think it'll happen.)
Pikachu
Infernape
Snorlax
Torterra
Donphan

Bond
Pikachu
Greninja - (Doesn't have it as of when this is posted, but I think it'll happen.)
Noivern - (Doesn't have it as of when this is posted, but I think it'll happen.)
Gliscor
Krookodile
Muk

What I want to see
Charizard (Mega X) - (Doesn't have it as of when this is posted, but I think it'll happen.)
Infernape
Sceptile
Gible - (Please evolve lol)
Malamar - ( I just hope that he catches one, and it'll be cool for it to be a rival into a friend.)
Noivern - ((Doesn't have it as of when this is posted, but I think it'll happen, but please happen! xD)

I think it's a pretty good guess, though unproven as it has happened before, that his Kalos league team will not have too many non-Kalos Pokémon. To that end this is what I'd like to see:

Pikachu
Greninja (like you I want this to happen)
Noivern (like you I want this to happen but this assumes it sticks around, Goodra didn't)
Talonflame (I want this to happen)
Hawlucha (Have to say I actually don't want this to happen but right now Ash doesn't have a Kalos alternative to it).
Gogoat (no guarantees whatsoever since Ash doesn't even have Skiddo but Ash should have a grass type, and he said he wanted one when he saw Alexa's so there is a a case for it).

There has been some debate on whether or not Ash will (let alone rather he should) be able to mega evolve his Pokémon. He has three capable (Charizard, Sceptile and Heracross) with a fourth if they EVER do anything with Gible. Charizard is probably the most likely here, though rather it will be X or Y is anyone's guess. I personally would like to see his Sceptile mega evolve.

Strength is an interesting one here. I see no reason why Sceptile isn't on the strength list. I think it's got to be stronger than both Donphan (who is technically weak to Sceptile) and Snorlax. I could even say Krookodile is stronger than Donphan or Snorlax. Both are stage 2's while one is a stage 1 and the other a basic.

I think it's a pretty good guess, though unproven as it has happened before, that his Kalos league team will not have too many non-Kalos Pokémon. To that end this is what I'd like to see:

Pikachu
Greninja (like you I want this to happen)
Noivern (like you I want this to happen but this assumes it sticks around, Goodra didn't)
Talonflame (I want this to happen)
Hawlucha (Have to say I actually don't want this to happen but right now Ash doesn't have a Kalos alternative to it).
Gogoat (no guarantees whatsoever since Ash doesn't even have Skiddo but Ash should have a grass type, and he said he wanted one when he saw Alexa's so there is a a case for it).

There has been some debate on whether or not Ash will (let alone rather he should) be able to mega evolve his Pokémon. He has three capable (Charizard, Sceptile and Heracross) with a fourth if they EVER do anything with Gible. Charizard is probably the most likely here, though rather it will be X or Y is anyone's guess. I personally would like to see his Sceptile mega evolve.

Strength is an interesting one here. I see no reason why Sceptile isn't on the strength list. I think it's got to be stronger than both Donphan (who is technically weak to Sceptile) and Snorlax. I could even say Krookodile is stronger than Donphan or Snorlax. Both are stage 2's while one is a stage 1 and the other a basic.
:eek: Yeah, Now that I do think about it, Sceptile could of been better on the Strength list, I think I put Donphan there since I wanted to even things out with the teams, but yeah, Sceptile would be better.

I think we'll see Ash use a lot of reserves this time. It'd fit with the current pattern.

Kanto League: Only used stuff he caught in that region (like he had a choice)
Johto League: Freely made use of reserves.
Hoenn League: Stuck with his Hoenn team.
Sinnoh League: Freely made use of reserves.
Unova League: Only used stuff he had in rotation that was being kept at Juniper's Lab- stuff he caught in Unova.

With that in mind, Ash using reserves for the Kalos League would fit into the pattern nicely. Here's what I think we'll see him use;

Pikachu (naturally)
Greninja (too popular to not fully evolve)
Talonflame (all his regional birds have fully evolved thus far, why should Fletchinder be an exception?)
Hawlucha (I could see it seeing at least one battle)
Noibat>Noivern (considering its relatively late introduction, I could see it evolving during the Pokémon League)
Phantump/Trevenant (whichever one he ends up with by then- this is the Grass-type I can see him getting in Kalos)
Goodra (I really want Ash to at least be able to call on Goodra whenever he needs it)
Kingler (we are long overdue to see Kingler in action again)
Muk (see Kingler)
Scraggy>Scrafty (I could see Scraggy pulling a Cyndaquil and evolving just before the Pokémon League)
Charizard<>Mega Charizard Y (because we need Ash and Alain to have an epic Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Charizard Y battle. Also, imagine Ash having the Key Stone fitted to the back of his hat. That way he has to turn his hat backwards to Mega Evolve Charizard. Yeah)
Palpitoad (the poor thing has such potential, and so little screentime. Would predict its evolution, but I'm already guessing Noibat and Scraggy evolving, this would be a bit much)
Primeape (I know this one's one hell of a long shot, but Ash could make a call and get it back from Anthony)
Gliscor (I dunno why, I could just picture Ash using this here)
Sceptile (maybe a long shot what with Scottie, but it does have the distinction of having defeated a legendary, something not many other Pokémon of Ash's can say for themselves. I'm already pretty sure Ash picked Sceptile and Torkoal to battle Tobias since they had experience battling legendaries in the past, so...)

Last edited:
I think that if any of Ash's Pokémon were going to be brought back for the purposes of gaining a Mega Evolution, it would be Charizard. Charizard appeals to fans the most and also has a strong history within the anime of coming and going. It would likely gain the Y Mega Evolution as a counterpart to Alain's X. Sceptile is probably less likely because of Scottie's Groyvle, especially with the rivarly they're building up; if anyone were to get a Mega Sceptile, it would probably be him, and probably not even until after the League. I don't really have any arguments against Heracross other than that it seems like a bland choice from a marketing perspective, especially compared to such an iconic character as Ash's Charizard. Gible simply requires too much work to be feasible.

I'd prefer to see Ash stick with a mostly Kalos team in the league, but of course that's because those are the Pokémon I'm most invested in. :p I'd love to see him evolve both Greninja and Talonflame, and also Noibat assuming he's the one who ends up with that catch this week (which is likely). I would guess that anyone he pulls would be to fill gaps in his own team... which mostly just means that there's no reason for him to bring any fliers, I suppose. :U

I hate to say it, but Muk and Kingler were pretty inconsequential even back then when it was only Kanto. I see nothing beyond brief appearances.

I actually would love to see Palpitoad make an appearance and evolve, same with Boldore. Seeing Scraggy go this route would be okay too but really I think it's had too little experience to do so. I mean we saw Scraggy as an egg which make it even harder to digest, almost as much as Gible rapidly going to Garchomp though they did this with Goomy so who knows there. Of course this could happen where Ash finally gets a Meganium or a Typhlosion. Totodile could (but not likely) evolve. And let's not forget one of the Unova starters, especially Pignite. I almost see Meganium as very feasible because Ash has no grass type from Kalos to work with, at least of right now.

I agree that Charizard is the likely one to mega evolve and in a way it would be interesting to see Alain vs. Ash in a Mega Charizard battle but I don't know how likely that is. So far I see no links between the mega evolution special and the main anime. So far I don't really think Scottie is going to have that big of an influence, especially when we hit league but I could very well be wrong here. That is however why I think Sceptile, from a mega evolution perspective, would be a good fill pull because as said many times Ash currently has no grass Pokémon. Of course, between now and then, who is to say that Ash won't acquire mega stones for all three Pokémon and for all of them to make league appearances at some point. I mean my theory is that we'll continue to see more megas and hence it will be even more common.

Oh, for what it's worth I forgot about Ash having Glalie and this Pokémon could mega evolve as well in theory.

Now that I think about it, Wouldn't it be cool to see Shota have a Sceptile and he ends up being in the Pokemon League, so Ash decides to use a Sceptile? Sceptile v Sceptile. Also, if Alain were in it? It would be cool to see Ash battle Trainers that have Pokemon that he has.

i just now realize that a Forum Mod just posted on my thread :O

Now that I think about it, Wouldn't it be cool to see Shota have a Sceptile and he ends up being in the Pokemon League, so Ash decides to use a Sceptile? Sceptile v Sceptile. Also, if Alain were in it? It would be cool to see Ash battle Trainers that have Pokemon that he has.

i just now realize that a Forum Mod just posted on my thread :O

Sorry ment Scottie. (dang Japan stuff.) :U

As long as he uses his whole team and we get a more DP style league I'll be happy. I mean it would be weird if he didn't considering he might only have 6 Kalos Pokemon anyway when they reach the league.

I only watch the English anime, I know Goodra leaves but is there any opening for it to return for the league or is it released released. Like the Pidgeot he promised to go back for.

I only watch the English anime, I know Goodra leaves but is there any opening for it to return for the league or is it released released. Like the Pidgeot he promised to go back for.
Too soon to tell. There's that guy who takes care of the swamp where Goodra's staying, and therefore someone for Ash to place a call to, and it wasn't clear exactly what became of Goodra's Poké Ball, either. It's all up in the air right now- Goodra! I knew I was forgetting to mention something! *goes to edit previous post*

Yeah I only watch the English anime too, unless something really big happens like acquiring a badge, a Pokémon evolving or being caught, or something else that is important. Otherwise I don't know the other stuff that happens.

Yeah I only watch the English anime too, unless something really big happens like acquiring a badge, a Pokémon evolving or being caught, or something else that is important. Otherwise I don't know the other stuff that happens.

Yeah, that's me now... Now.... Before I actually watched the Japan one for spoilers then just quit xD

Yeah it can be very hard to avoid spoilers like captures and evolutions. Still watching the final thing remains enjoyable so nothing lost.

I agree, knowing Sliggoo would evolve to Goodra didn't change the thrill upon actually seeing it when that episode aired last week.

So far I see no links between the mega evolution special and the main anime.

In the current Japanese OP animation, there's a shot of Alain and Ash meeting (see here). Alain has also appeared in a flashback of Profressor Sycamore in episode 68 when Gible was evolving into Gabite (example shot here, though more shots can be seen in the full article for that ep).

Though, even before that, Mairin talks about Ash in the very first Mega Evolution Special, so they've always been connected.

Well I was unaware of the OP animation of Alain and Ash meeting. Doesn't mean there will be a battle but that potential is still there.

I remember the episode where Mairin talks about what Ash did for Garchomp. The Sycamore flashback hasn't happened yet for America so I haven't seen that. I'm not sure that those two vague references alone are enough to verify anything other than an indirect connection together.

That OP animation, while vague, very well might say more. Of course Ash still needs the mega stone and keystone and that hasn't happened yet.

Well, all you said was that you didn't see any links between the Mega Evolution special and the regular anime, so I just gave you some. :p You're totally correct that none of these things necessarily imply a battle, though I would argue that the OP shot, at least, implies a meeting. The point is that the special and the regular anime are definitely linked and are considered to be part of the same universe/canon, as opposed to, say, Pokémon Origins which was definitely made to be its own thing unconnected to Ash and the rest.

Oh I agree the OP shot implies a meeting of some sort and could very well lead to a battle.

There's no denying that anime and special are linked. The two references prove that. But as an avid fan of Buffy and Angel, both of which take place in the same canon I am also aware that indirect connections don't always have to lead to eventful crossovers.

Still, here's hoping for a battle...except for the fact Ash still needs the proper pieces and (as far as we know anyway) Alain still needs more Pokémon.

Back