Discussion Post-VS Seeker Supporter and Item Line

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
So, once Rotation hits, we lose VS Seeker. This mean you can't Sycamore/Ultra Ball Supporters away without getting punished. Knowing that, what do yo think the "Staple" Support and Item lines will be?

For Supporters I'm thinking this:
4 Sycamore
4 N
2 Guzma
1 Skyla

As for Items, I think Field Blower will be the only dedicated staple at 1 or 2.

Now, I know some of you are thinking "But we have Lele, we don't need that many supporters?" I'm not so sure on that. Unless you run 4 Lele, you need to guarantee a supporter when you need it, as since we won't have an extra 4 of any supporter, I thnk going up in the Support line will have to do. Maybe even play Random Receiver.

Thoughts?

I honestly think running 4 Sycamore will be just as bad as discarding via Ultra Ball. We'll have to wait and see what the rotation actually is before we start trying to figure out what we should run.

Briggete will likely still be used as it is a supporter you typically only use on your first turn when you can lele it. From there it's mostly just gonna be sycamore,hala,skyla, and N supporters which always leave you with something

I think we'll just be running Puzzle of Time. Although it's not as consistent as VS Seeker it can work as one as well as getting you an additional card from the discard back. Also, if your really stuck, you can try to unstick yourself with it by rearranging the top of your deck. Lele will (obviously) be at least a two of anywhere and some search supporters like Skyla and Mallow will become popular one-ofs. Lillie and Hala (and maybe even Wicke) will start popping up everywhere as well. I don't like losing VS Seeker but there are replacements. I was thinking something like this:

2x Lele
4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Lillie
1x Hala
1x Skyla
4x Puzzle of Time

I think we'll just be running Puzzle of Time. Although it's not as consistent as VS Seeker it can work as one as well as getting you an additional card from the discard back. Also, if your really stuck, you can try to unstick yourself with it by rearranging the top of your deck. Lele will (obviously) be at least a two of anywhere and some search supporters like Skyla and Mallow will become popular one-ofs. Lillie and Hala (and maybe even Wicke) will start popping up everywhere as well. I don't like losing VS Seeker but there are replacements. I was thinking something like this:

2x Lele
4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Lillie
1x Hala
1x Skyla
4x Puzzle of Time
I wouldn't use Hala unless he's in a deck that relies on using a GX attack ASAP. The number of cards that he gives you isn't impressive unless you use a GX attack.

I wouldn't use Hala unless he's in a deck that relies on using a GX attack ASAP. The number of cards that he gives you isn't impressive unless you use a GX attack.
Well obviously lol. You could run a Wicke or a second Lillie in a deck like that.

Briggete will likely still be used as it is a supporter you typically only use on your first turn when you can lele it. From there it's mostly just gonna be sycamore,hala,skyla, and N supporters which always leave you with something
that is unless bridgette gets rotated

Can't Lele only be played when it's played from your hand? So that wouldn't work with Brigette. I know from experience: tried to Brigette Hoopa EX for its Scoundrel Ring ability, only works when you play it from your hand.

Can't Lele only be played when it's played from your hand? So that wouldn't work with Brigette. I know from experience: tried to Brigette Hoopa EX for its Scoundrel Ring ability, only works when you play it from your hand.
Use Lele's ability to get the Bridgette and play it.

what does people thing about puzzle of time in the next format without vs seeker? i'm going to run 4 N, 3 sycamore, 1 lillie, 1 kukui, 1 or 2 skyla, maybe misty. I'm a scrub just saying

I think once VS Seeker will rotate out, it will be common to play 3-4 Tapu Lele GX and 4 Ultra Balls. There is also Random Receiver, but it's not consistent at all. It can be good in decks playing only 2 types of supporters, like Sycamore and N. Alolan Vulpix also can gain popularity, as it can search Lele, and it will be harder for opponent to N those 2 Pokemons out of our hand, as all players will have issues with finding supporters.

I think this kind of set will be popular:
3-4 Tapu Lele GX
4 Ultra Ball
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
2 each of other supporters used in deck (Kukui, Ranger, Olympia, Delinquent)

I still think puzzle of time is good with a Skyla or 2. I have considered psychic third eye to replace sycamore in the case of garb for more control. PTE is good combined with Hala and Drama GX or any card that gets you at least 6 in hand, with added benefit of seeing opponents hand. I'm too broke for vs seekers and trainer mails right now I go

4 puzzle
4 sycamore or 2 sycamore/ 2 psychic third eye
2 N
2 Lysander
2 Pokémon fan club or Bridgette
3 ultraball
1-2 skyla
2 field blower
1 Delinquent
1 rescue stretcher
1 Super rod or Brockso grit

I use garb/espeon GX with 2 Lugia EX (AOR) I'm kinda broke so thatshould what I got right now seems to do ok

Back