Project Custom 2-Challenge #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends
Well, Project Custom is coming back again, and better than ever. Since the first one ended, we put a little more planning and preporation into this one. It will start June 9th, 2008 and 20 Artists will be competiting for the title of Project Custom Season 2 Champion! We have 6 wonderful Judges (including myself) who will be judging this competiton. I soppose you'd like to know who these people are. Here we go:

List of Artists in PC2
1. Wes1234 CST Dropped Out :/
2. Monkeyking63 CST
3. MUCKSTER EST
4. INFERNAPE EST
5. Wasted Sky Pirate GMT
6. Saetiakid Dropped Out :/
7. ZzzDark GMT
8. Charizard88 CST
9. Berry Dropped Out :/
10. Light Manaphy :F Dropped Out :/
11. bonsly1994 MST
12. Noob Sandwich EST
13. Necro_Thy GMT
14. Soren Dropped Out :/
15. Crime EST
16. George2FRESH PST
17. thisbemoo CST
18. pika2 EST
19. Bulbasaur45 PST
20. Yakkov EST

READ THIS POSThttp://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=35459&pid=626065#pid626065

So there are the final twenty....they are the best group of artists I've seen together in a competition yet. We really took alot of time deciding who should be invited or accepted via Open Entry. I feel that we made only good decisions and it will make PC2 all the better. If you would like to know the Judges, here they are

List of Judges in PC2
  • Black Rayquaza-Host/Creator of Project Custom, Head Judge, Trainer Pass™ Inventor, Leader of Team Custom, and Owner of the Custom Company, a shop in the Fan Creations Section.
  • Aqua Smeargle-Leader of Artisan Cave: Home to the Smeargles of PokeBeach and Great Art Mind of Pokebeach.
  • Bellomence-Last Years Project Custom Champion! An amazing art mind and artist
  • Gamercal-Fanfic Author on Pokebeach and one of Black Rayquaza's best friends and raters.
  • Serjent_Tankian-Served as a backup judge and proved himself to judge regularly in PC2!
  • James-An Amazing Scratch Artist who studys graphic design in school and is one of my best friends and raters.

Well, as some of you probably know, this competition will be held mainly on my forums. We were thinking of fully moving it to a thread here, but thought of a better idea. I will be upkeeping a thread here on Beach that will be updated with news and info when it happens. Sort of like a commentary. If you would like to see everything that goes on, you can Register here. All Artists and Judges will also be required to register as thats where the competition is taking place. If theres a problem, please PM me.

We've thought of some new ideas for PC2 and this one I think is the best. Last Season we saw alot of people checking the thread out and enjoying the art, but that was about it. We really wanted to get the fans into it this season, so now we are offering a Popular Vote :] Heres how it will work:

After all the art is turned in for that challenge, you are allowed to PM me a vote for who you think should should Win the challenge. After all the Art is submitted, you have ONE day to PM me your vote. (Either here or on my forums) After that time is gone, I will tally up the votes. The Artist with the best popular vote will count as +1 In the Judges Vote. We do come across ties quite a bit, so you guys really have the chance to influence the game and help us decide whos the best :]

So theres the basic info I was talking about....now onto the announcements.

1st Announcement-PMJ, who was the Favorite Judge last Season wanted me to tell you guys he's sorry for not being able to give any Pimpin' Scores this time around....as you know, hes a very busy guy and just dosent have the time. As a respected friend and artist, hopefully we can get him back in a future competition.

2nd Announcement-We are having a little "Meet and Greet" Kickoff Show June 1st, 2008 at 9 PM EST on my forums (In a Chat Box o course) to kinda have a chance to meet some of the judges and artists and fans of PC! It will be a causal event (Guys, that means polo shirts xD) in which we will be explaining rules and giving you guys a little taste of what Its gonna be like, as well as a little talk about the challenges :] Everyone is welcome to come, so hopefully we'll have a good turnout!

Feel free to post here or PM me for any questions or concerns
Thanks,
-Black Rayquaza

RE: Project Custom 2-Some basic info and announcements

Looking forward to some great art and an awesome new season! All of you competitors out there will really have to step it up; the competition is a LOT tougher than last season. Be prepared for some fun and challenging twists as well; BR and I have literaly been planning this since the end of the last season.

We all mourn the loss the PMJ's Pimpin' Scores... :(

Wow I'm looking at the competitors and wow this is gonna be tough. I don't know everyones work but wow, i see some new comers who are definitly going to bring the heat. I see someone here who wasn't last season, someone i have been in multiple contests with, and a true rival and friend. It will be nice to compete with him ;) I think they know who they are :p

I like the idea of the Meet and Greet, should be fun to just converse about art with everyone else. Also having this on Earth will bring more popularity to the site.

One more thing, this didnt say anything about the 5 day minimum for each rounds length, is that still active?

Oh PMJ, how we hardly knew yee.

Yes....There will be a minimum of 5 days per challenge to complete it. In exchange for the added time, the challenges are that much harder :]

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
Yes....There will be a minimum of 5 days per challenge to complete it. In exchange for the added time, the challenges are that much harder :]

-Black Rayquaza

Hey I'm always up for a challenge! So it works for me!

This sounds great. I love a great challenge. Just to ask, but Black Rayquaza could I use any hand drawn pictures and put them into a banner, and merge my drawings with computer graphics?

I can't wait for PC to start!

Wow....There are alot of good artist in this contests....This time the competition is alot harder.

Yakkov said:
This sounds great. I love a great challenge. Just to ask, but Black Rayquaza could I use any hand drawn pictures and put them into a banner, and merge my drawings with computer graphics?

Yep thats legal :] We just cant grade the hand-drawn part solely :]

INFERNAPE-Yeah, thats what everyones saying. Hopefully you guys have been practicing :p

-Black Rayquaza

so, when is it going to start?
EDIT: Found it! :D

Thy

Yeah...does anyone have any problems with the time and date of the Kickoff Show?

-Black Rayquaza

Nope, the start time is perfect. I made this from scratch Black Rayquaza, its my character Mai:

[Note] This would look 2x better on paper, then it looks here. I draw better on paper, rather then the computer.

Mai.jpg

What do you think?

Again, make sure the border is the top layer....I dont know much about scratch drawing so I cant really rate it :/

-Black Rayquaza

"Border is the top layer"?

ah crud on June 9th At least I still get 4 days...
Could It be 1 day after that?(June 10th)

Bulbasaur45 said:
ah crud on June 9th At least I still get 4 days...
Could It be 1 day after that?(June 10th)

Sorry we've set June 9th as the starting date....the MINIMUM for the challenges is 5 days. Challenge #1 will probably be more than that, so dont worry. I dont think people will be doing much on the first day anyways.

-Black Rayquaza
Yakkov said:

Each thing you put on the banner should be in a layer. The layer that has the border on it should be moved on top of the other things so that the banner goes all the way around and isnt cut off by the images.

-Black Rayquaza

Bulbasaur45 said:
Ok I can work on June 8th :O
Yay!

Yeah, the challenge will probably be announced the day before....Im not sure though. Even so, its not a problem, you have plenty of time

-Black Rayquaza

I'm sooo stoked for this thang! w00000000!!:D

Too much graditude to ya BR!
Even though, I'm technically a n00b here,
you have made me part of the community!

I have to say this is my first invitation only art contest,
so it ain't weird to say I'm reeeeeeally anxious.

I don't know what else to say expect thank you for giving a reason to do art!
Yakkov said:

Border is the top layer,
unless you want certain layers to overlap the border, like in my artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back