Psychic Sweepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukouki

Not Magikarp Bait
Let's make this Gen V OU team even better than what it is! It's a bunch of Psychic Pokes that gave me only a 50% win ratio. I want to increase and make it better! :)

Pokemon Used

espeon.png

Espeon @ Light Clay
Timid
Magic Bounce
EVs: (252HP/4DEF/252SPE)
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic

Description: As my main lead into battle, I use Espeon to set up screens defenses for my entire team. Uses Hidden Power Fighting to ward off Dark Type Pokemon and Psychic for STAB attack bonuses. I am considering adding baton pass somewhere to make Espeon even more of a supporter and for a quick way to withdraw safely. Light Clay serves to lengthen the usage of screening. I need Espeon to stay in for as long as possible to keep screens up for more of my team.

exeggutor.png

Exeggutor @ Lum Berry
Bold
Harvest
EVs: (252HP/252DEF/4SATK)
-Rest
-Sleep Powder
-Psychic
-Giga Drain

Description: Exeggutor is another very handy supporter. Exeggutor, with its Dual Typing, gets more attacks with STAB and with the Harvest build, can fully recover at a moments notice. Psychic adds STAB and Giga Drain, same thing, but recovers. Effective countermeasure against Spec'd Starmies or Drizzle teams. Devastated by Drought teams, mainly Solar Powered Charizards, Ninetales, and Infernape.

latias.png

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid
Levitate
EVs: (4HP/252SpA/4Spe)
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Psyshock

Description: One size fits all here. Wide variety of power moves makes it an effective sweep. All moves, sans Surf, give STAB. Possibly my weakest link, as it is easily demolished with Ice Punches or Ice Beams. Rolled quickly by Sworded Garchomps. However, Latias is able to clear Solar Powered Charizard with ease, and can put up a good fight against Garchomp or Gyrados.

gallade.png

Gallade @ Leftovers
Careful
Steadfast
EVs: (240HP/40Atk/216SDEF/12Spe)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak
Description: Devastating build that can wipe Garchomps in two hits with Ice Punch. Drain Punch delivers STAB and counters dark Pokemon with efficiency. If Espeon's screens are still active, it quickly becomes almost invincible and can wreck through most unprepared teams. Dual typing prevents Psychic being super effective. Main sweeping unit.

claydol.png

Claydol @ leftovers
Bold
Levitate
EVs: (250HP/112SpA/144DEF)
-Rapid spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Psychic

Description: Support unit. Uses Rapid Spin to clear out any field obstacles in place, while Rocking the opponent as well. Earth Power can swamp Electivires and Fire-types, such as Ninetales. Ninetales is officially neutralized because of the Rock typing, and uses Psychic for STAB or Earth Power. Serves as my other form of support that can still swamp through Drought Teams and Liechi'd Hitmonlee.

starmie.png

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Timid
Natural Cure
EVs: (4SDEFHP/252SpA/252Spe)
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Trick

Description: Though this build is last generation, I found a use for it here. I use this to take out a wide variety of types. Hydro Pump with Choice Specs is insane because given the extremely godly speed of a Starmie, making Hydro Pump harder and stronger will make Starmie a very effective unit in taking out Sunny Day/Sandstorm teams. Chlorophyll Venusaur becomes a joke in the face of Ice Beam, and Sworded Chomps become a memory.

My Problems With the Team

I think I am still going to get rolled by Sworded Scizors. :( Given the better typing, instead of going Mono-Psychic, I feel as if this team has a lot more synergy and plays more fluidly. I played a lot of matches today and noticed a great improvement in my wins and combos.

I'd recommend switching Latias to a nonchoice set. I believe a Calm Mind set would be better because it seems you have no Pokemon that can do a set up sweep on the special side of things. I'd get rid of Draco Meteor for Calm Mind since on Calm Mind it is more beneficial not to run a move that lowers your Special Attack. It should have 252 Speed EVs as instead of 4. Maybe that was just a typo you did. Exeggutor only works against Starmie if Starmie doesn't have Ice Beam. Many Starmie will run Ice Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back