• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ray Eels

Spud

Aspiring Trainer
Cities is coming up so i've been working out a ray-eels deck since i'm a somewhat new to the game. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Pokemon (16)

Rayquaza Ex -3
Rayquaza -2
Eelektrik -3-3
Bouffakant -1
Raikou EX -2
Mewtwo EX-2

Trainers (30)

Junniper -3
E switch -2
Switch - 3
Catcher -4
Cheren -2
Eviolite -3
Ultra Ball -3
Skyla -3
Town Map -1
Computer Search-1
N-3
Max Potion-2

Energy (14)

Fire -6
Lightning -8

The main idea is to get rayquaza(either one) out right away with eelektric on bench. Then have a bench Raikou Ex and or Mewtw on bench ready to build.

-1-1 Eels (3 is enough)
-2 Raquaza EX (2 is plenty)
-3 Rocky Helmet
-1 Gold Potion
-2 Fire (4 is enough)
+2 Max Potion (Really good with Raikou/Raquaza)
+2 Mewtwo EX (necessary in almost every deck)
+2 Catcher (4 is a must in this format)
+4 N (again, necessary)
edit:
-2 Town Map
+2 Random Reciever

Also Emolga and Level Ball could be a great help in this deck.

Keeper of Night said:
-1-1 Eels (3 is enough)
-2 Raquaza EX (2 is plenty)
-3 Rocky Helmet
-1 Gold Potion
-2 Fire (4 is enough)
+2 Max Potion (Really good with Raikou/Raquaza)
+2 Mewtwo EX (necessary in almost every deck)
+2 Catcher (4 is a must in this format)
+4 N (again, necessary)
edit:
-2 Town Map
+2 Random Reciever

Also Emolga and Level Ball could be a great help in this deck.

Why Random Reciever instead of Skyla? And i'd defiantly like the one gold potion unless there is sufficient reason utherwise. I understand most of the edits. And whats wrong with town map.
Thanks,

Spud said:
Why Random Reciever instead of Skyla? And i'd defiantly like the one gold potion unless there is sufficient reason utherwise. I understand most of the edits. And whats wrong with town map.
Thanks,

I never said take out Skyla, I said RR instead of Town Map, because Town Map isn't needed and RR is.
Take out Gold Potion for Computer Search (I forgot to add this to my last post), because you can only have 1 Ace Spec in your deck.
So in addititon to my last post:
-2 Energy Switch (isn't needed IMO)
+1 Comp. Search
+1 Emolga

I never said take out Skyla, I said RR instead of Town Map, because Town Map isn't needed and RR is.
Take out Gold Potion for Computer Search (I forgot to add this to my last post), because you can only have 1 Ace Spec in your deck.
So in addititon to my last post:
-2 Energy Switch (isn't needed IMO)
+1 Comp. Search
+1 Emolga

Oh ok. But isn't skyla just a better random reciever?

Keeper of Night said:
Spud said:
Oh ok. But isn't skyla just a better random reciever?

It uses your supporter for the turn, so not really. But it just depends on the player I guess.

ok, so how does this look

Pokemon (16)

Rayquaza Ex -3
Rayquaza -2
Eelektrik -3-3
Bouffakant -1
Raikou EX -2
Mewtwo EX-2

Trainers (30)

Junniper -3
E switch -2
Switch - 3
Catcher -4
Cheren -2
Eviolite -3
Ultra Ball -3
Skyla -3
Town Map -2
Computer Search-1
N-2
Max Potion-2

Energy (14)

Fire -6
Lightning -8

Much better, though I would still do at least
-1 Town Map
+1 N

also make sure to update the first post with the new deck list

Keeper of Night said:
-1 Town Map
+1 N

Thanks!

Keeper of Night said:
-1 Town Map
+1 N

Is there a battle simulator that has current cards in it that you know of

4-4 Eel was mandatory even BEFORE Landorus came out, what makes you think you need even LESS now?

Infinity said:
4-4 Eel was mandatory even BEFORE Landorus came out, what makes you think you need even LESS now?

Since when was it mandatory? Most Eels decks use 4-3 or 3-3 Eels lines, because the bench really doesn't have enough space anyway for all 4 Eels, 3 is enough at most and usually you only need 2 out to win.

ashtavakra said:
any eel deck needs 4 juniper. lmao
No, it doesn't, it's just a matter of preference. 4 Juniper seems like overkill in a lot of decks, because it can discard resources you may need later.

Spud said:
Keeper of Night said:
It uses your supporter for the turn, so not really. But it just depends on the player I guess.

ok, so how does this look

Pokemon (16)

Rayquaza Ex -3
Rayquaza -2
Eelektrik -3-3
Bouffakant -1
Raikou EX -2
Mewtwo EX-2

Trainers (30)

Junniper -3
E switch -2
Switch - 3
Catcher -4
Cheren -2
Eviolite -3
Ultra Ball -3
Skyla -3
Town Map -2
Computer Search-1
N-2
Max Potion-2

Energy (14)

Fire -6
Lightning -8

This list really needs some help. I'll get started.
-1 Rayquaza EX (2 is plenty)
-1 Bouffalant (isn't needed)
-2 Mewtwo ( also not needed)
-1 Raikou (I'd love to fit one more but I can't find the room)
-2 Energy Switch (it's good to have, but it can be taken out for better cards)
-2 Cheren
-3 Eviolite
-2 Town Map (waste of space)
-2 Max Potion ( taken out for better cards)
-1 Fire (5 is good)

+1 Fliptini (savior vs Darkrai)
+3 Level Ball (mandatory for getting out Tynamos and Eels)
+2 Super Rod
+2 N
+1 Juniper
+2 Random Receiver
+1 Switch
+1-1 Eelektrik (no matter what anybody else says, this is 100% required. End of story)
+1 Ditto BC (helps for getting out Tynamos)
+2 Tool Scrapper

Since when was it mandatory? Most Eels decks use 4-3 or 3-3 Eels lines, because the bench really doesn't have enough space anyway for all 4 Eels, 3 is enough at most and usually you only need 2 out to win.
Have you been living under a rock? Nobody, ever since Eelektrik came out, ran 3-3 Eels. Eels are huge targets, and you need 3 out for this deck to function. HS-DE was a 4-3 line, BW-DRX Mewtwo Eels was a 4-3 line, but ever since the Rayquaza deck came, there was ALWAYS a 4-4 line. Period.

Infinity said:
Have you been living under a rock? Nobody, ever since Eelektrik came out, ran 3-3 Eels. Eels are huge targets, and you need 3 out for this deck to function. HS-DE was a 4-3 line, BW-DRX Mewtwo Eels was a 4-3 line, but ever since the Rayquaza deck came, there was ALWAYS a 4-4 line. Period.
Most good Eels decks I see only use 3 because they are big targets and they keep dying, so why bother to set up your whole bench with them? And since when does an Eels deck need 3 Eels out to work? That almost never happens anyway becuase they keep getting KOd anyway.

Keeper of Night said:
Most good Eels decks I see only use 3 because they are big targets and they keep dying, so why bother to set up your whole bench with them? And since when does an Eels deck need 3 Eels out to work? That almost never happens anyway becuase they keep getting KOd anyway.

You're absolutely right they get KO'ed. And that's exactly _why_ you need multiple copies in your deck (so you're able to search them out easier and get them into play). Rayquaza/Eels is a version of Eels that absolutely needs at least two Eels out at all points of the game (more is preferred) to even _function_. Rayquaza itself needs three Lightning to KO an EX and that's barring Eviolite. Raikou normally needs at least two to do the 100 attack.

Four is the superior choice for this version. I could see going to three for Mewtwo/Eels because it is less reliant on Dynamotor, but even then, it doesn't hurt. In the Mirror and against Darkrai, they drop like flies thus necessitating four and Landorus will cause even more problems...

dmaster out.

Dmaster is absolutly right. You don't have to play all 4 Eels down, but you will probably need all 4 at some point in the game, whether it be you're opponent killed one and you need to get another out asap or just for consistency.

Back