• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rayeggs (M Rayquaza EX / Exeggcute)

appleatingoat said:
ok ok no point in trying to reason with you using words. All I can say now is to go make a proxy Rayquaza deck like I did and see what I mean. (If eggs don't clog it up, then a Breloom will fly by my window)

cb2.png

>Not sure if insulting or funny

appleatingoat said:
ok ok no point in trying to reason with you using words. All I can say now is to go make a proxy Rayquaza deck like I did and see what I mean. (If eggs don't clog it up, then a Breloom will fly by my window)

I have a proxy made, and I'll be testing it soon (I'll report back with how it went).

Kecleon-X said:
appleatingoat said:

cb2.png

>Not sure if insulting or funny

My sense of humor can be a little different sometimes. but I did not mean to be insulting. You get the joke though right? Breloom? his favorite Pokémon?

The whole "I can't reason with you, with, you know, words" (please read in Christopher Walken voice) part both made me laugh and feel a little uncomfortable, which is why I wasn't too sure! :p

I wasn't reprimanding you one way or the other, though. Just making it known that it came across a little passive-aggressive, which is kind of harder to figure out for some people.

Ok I'm sry Devin. That was not my sense of humor, it was probably me just being stupid. I guess I was a little ticked off at your insistency on the fact that execute is a good bench sitter. It just got on my nerves for some reason. Now that I look back on it, it seems kinda silly huh? Any ways... it was my fault for being so narrow minded at the time and not opening up my perceptive. I mean who knows? Maybe I some how used execute wrong in my testing. So I'm sry If I was a little mean. Can we call it all good?

286Breloom_Dream.png

P.S. By the way, how did the proxy testing go? Did execute work out for you?

appleatingoat said:
Ok I'm sry Devin. That was not my sense of humor, it was probably me just being stupid. I guess I was a little ticked off at your insistency on the fact that execute is a good bench sitter. It just got on my nerves for some reason. Now that I look back on it, it seems kinda silly huh? Any ways... it was my fault for being so narrow minded at the time and not opening up my perceptive. I mean who knows? Maybe I some how used execute wrong in my testing. So I'm sry If I was a little mean. Can we call it all good?

286Breloom_Dream.png

P.S. By the way, how did the proxy testing go? Did execute work out for you?

It's all good man, no worries. And I actually have not been able to test. The last two times I planned on going to my local league stuff came up (as of now, I'm in Pennsylvania visiting family). But late Thursday/early Friday ill be able to report on how they do.

Guy, the exeggute idea is so amazing. Incriedible. Use them to discard with itens and to take for up damage to KO mega pokemons. Problems to this deck below:

Landorus/crobat with silent lab - Need attention to use exeggute, cause mr. mime don't prevent crobat's damage abillity.
Manectric/Garbodor - KO Ray ex cause garbotoxin cancel altaria. Garbotoxin make this deck slow, cause cancel Shaymins and Jirachi.
Aegislash ex/bronzong: How u lead against Aegislash? Silent lab maybe?
Primal groundon ex - This pokemon will be hyped with mega turbo energy. Remenber, Groundon use focus sash and don't receive lyandre. Example: Groundon go up and KO ray ex, later Ray don't KO Groundon, cause focus sash, and Groudon KO SECOND Ray ex. In my opinion Primal Groudon is the hard matchup to Ray ex. Primal groudon is slow today, but in the future (1 month), mega turbo energy with battle compressor will be hyped groudon to: Fast, Strong and consistent deck.

This Idea is AMAZING, Ray with exeggute, but need more work. Test against Primal groudon with mega turno energy many times.

Exeggutor could be perfect in this deck to cancel lysandre in opponent's turn.

So I've been looking through other M Ray lists and other forums - I've reconsidered including Mega Turbo. After playtesting a little with it, it might be a good way to accelerate the second and third M Rays and might make turn 1 Emerald Breaks possible (although be warned this is very unlikely and require a lot of luck to be executed). I edited the OP with my suggestion: cut 2 Grass Energy and 1 Repeat Ball to include 3 Mega Turbos. The reasons for cutting Grass Energies are pretty obvious, as the energy pool won't be damaged because of the Mega Turbos; I cut one extra Repeat Ball because it didn't hurt the consistency that much - the deck is still pretty consistent and quick with only 5 balls.

I also added the option to include Tropius as the non-EX grass attacker.

Regarding Aegislash EX: You have 2 basic ways to deal with Aegislash EX. Either work around it with the 2 Lysandres and 4 VS Seekers - wich should be feasible considering the 6 Lysandres you can pull off this way - or just power up the next M Ray exclusively with grass energy. The second option, albeit seeming slow and not reliable, is much more feasible now that the deck has 3 Mega Turbos, and with enough luck this setup can be pulled in one turn.

Regarding Primal Groudon: I seriously don't think this deck will be a problem, if you ever face it in a competitive scene of course. People that raise uncommon threats like Primal Groudon and M Gallade might be suffering from the "Only I play this deck and it's a direct counter so tech against it" syndrome. There is also the point that Focus Sash requires you to either not Spirit Link at all or play Tool Retriever, and I'm yet to see someone doing that strategy.

(and let's not forget Primal Groudon does not OHKO M Ray, as M Ray has 220 HP and resists fighting)

RideLith said:
Regarding Primal Groudon: I seriously don't think this deck will be a problem, if you ever face it in a competitive scene of course. People that raise uncommon threats like Primal Groudon and M Gallade might be suffering from the "Only I play this deck and it's a direct counter so tech against it" syndrome. There is also the point that Focus Sash requires you to either not Spirit Link at all or play Tool Retriever, and I'm yet to see someone doing that strategy.

(and let's not forget Primal Groudon does not OHKO M Ray, as M Ray has 220 HP and resists fighting)

I'm going to tell you right now, Primal Groudon EX is probably the biggest threat to M Ray in the current metagame besides MegaMAN. Not only can Groudon go directly against your strategy of having SkyField up, Groudon CAN 1hitKO M Ray. Either with 2 Strong Energy or a Strong Energy and Fighting Stadium 1hitKO Ray. I've also seen people play a mix of tools, one of which being HARD CHARM, to profit on the fact once a tool is on Groudon, it isn't coming off unless the owner wants it too. This means if Hard Charm is on Groudon, M Ray will not 1hitKO, even with a 8 bench. I've seen many people play Tool Retriever with Groudon dude, it's a thing, and it's a thing that's starting to become really common after the success it's having. I wouldn't rule out Groudon.

Another thing to fear is of course, Lando Bats. Yes, without Silent Lab Lando cannot hit your eggs, but Crobat can because it is placing damage counters, not doing damage. Yes, M Ray resists fighting, which helps, but not enough. All they really have to do is focus on your bench to win the game. And if you stop playing bench Pokemon, then M Ray can't really hit for anything.

And ANOTHER thing, MegaMAN rips this deck a new asshole, and is by far the BIGGEST threat. MegaMAN 1hitKO's pretty much everything you'll run in this deck, and for 2 energies at that, AND while also powering up other dudes. You can't hide behind Altaria forever, at some point it'll be Lysandre'd, that or they'll be running Garbo and shut it down.

Now, even with these negatives, I still think this deck could be great because of one reason: It's colorless. The fact that this decks main attacker is colorless is such a huge help, you can tech in anything you need to counter your biggest threats. But this is the kinda deck that won't be too great until it's thrown into the waters to see if it drowns or floats in the metagame we live in (aka Seismitoad&Lando Town). We need more than proxies tests from a few people, we need results.

Btw Exeggcute > Ninetales. Ninetales is slow and doesn't give the extra little benefits that Exeggcute does. Keep on keeping on M Ray, you'll find your place.

Ya, Like I said, Primal groudon will be hyped. Every primal groudon top deck have focus sash and/or hard charm. Primal groudon can use robot and evolve without link. In this case, many tools are possible without tool retriever. But 2 ray ex decks will be tier 1, dragon Ray and colorless Ray.

Ray ex can KO Landorus ex with 6 pokemon in benched. Is easy. The problem is Landorus/bats with silent lab, cause cancel Mr.mime. U test sacred ash in this deck? In this case the opponent cancel skyfield u can use sacred ash to back u Shaymin ex, Jirachi ex to deck.

Other thing. How do u lead against decks with ninetales? Is a hard match, cause do u have use lysandre and kill Ninetales. This form u left u Ray ex in active position to wait a KO. In this format many decks have a possibility of KO. Other top decks don't have KO, but are decks with non-ex pokemons, This form can win with trade prizes.

BC-EB will be the best format.

Back