• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik Deck

Blah said:
After Plasma Storm comes out though, more SAB will be necessary. Winning those Virbank stadium wars will be crucial to matches.

I think 2 should be run anyway. You need to get it onto the field ASAP and if another random stadium comes in, you could have some serious issues.

100 % agree. This whole Virbank Gym is going to change the game tremendously

By the way, I plan to win the Stadium "war" by running 3 Virbank City Gym cards in my deck. However, most players I've recently playtested against only run 2 other (SAB or Apertia) Stadiums.

In regards to running 1 SAB, I have found that my most challenging matches were when both of my SAB were prized. Recycling RayEX's requires having an electric energy in hand, otherwise you have to discard the fire to retreat. I run a low switch count because of SAB as well. I believe that 3 is a must now that many people will be running Virbank. Also, we will need to be able to retreat or switch on any turn after HTL is used, so it may mean running 4 switch again.

donteatsoap7 said:
I really like this deck but you listed 13 energies when that would put you at 61.

Thank you for checking. I made the switch

chrisdavid42 said:
In regards to running 1 SAB, I have found that my most challenging matches were when both of my SAB were prized. Recycling RayEX's requires having an electric energy in hand, otherwise you have to discard the fire to retreat. I run a low switch count because of SAB as well. I believe that 3 is a must now that many people will be running Virbank. Also, we will need to be able to retreat or switch on any turn after HTL is used, so it may mean running 4 switch again.

You think I should run 4 and take out a Tool Scrapper or a Energy Retrieval?

Btw, now that Ht Laser and Virbank City Gym are released, Tornadus EX has become an absolute, awesome starter. So, I'd would suggest replacing DV Rayquaza (heavy retreat cost anyways) with a Zekrom - No Tornadus EX will attack Zek unless it can KO it. Otherwise, Zek will just Outrage and 1HKO Tornadus EX.

Been play testing online, I would recommend three sabs, with all the virbanks running around. The lower retreat works great. All you ex rays are free and makes keldeo switchable with only on energy. Anyone tried running a single of tornadus ex? Been trying it out and its nice having an attacker that you don't have to recharge, doesn't fold to lando . The free retreat is nice as well. I am doing only 1 emolga. Trying to figure out if I should run two or just use an extra lvl ball for flexibility. Benchtini is meh in some matches and gold in others
. Sorry for typos and grammar typed out on my phone

Grimlaw said:
Been play testing online, I would recommend three sabs, with all the virbanks running around. The lower retreat works great. All you ex rays are free and makes keldeo switchable with only on energy. Anyone tried running a single of tornadus ex? Been trying it out and its nice having an attacker that you don't have to recharge, doesn't fold to lando . The free retreat is nice as well. I am doing only 1 emolga. Trying to figure out if I should run two or just use an extra lvl ball for flexibility. Benchtini is meh in some matches and gold in others
. Sorry for typos and grammar typed out on my phone

I playtested in league yesterday, and people running Virbank usually ran two, so I was fine with my 2 SAB. If I was not winning the stadium war I had enough switches to make it work. I would have to disagree in running tornadus ex or keldeo ex in a rayeels deck. It makes the deck inconsistent and takes up valuable space that is needed for the staples of the skeleton list. Even with Landy out there (which he is dying out) the likely hood of a donk is small in comparison to me handling him T1 and then proceeding to setup using Emolga. I like running at least 2 emolga for consistency purposes. He is way more valuable thatn 1 level ball! And Benchtini sux, dont bother running him anymore. He is benchfodder and annoying.

I have updated my list to running a 4-4 line off eels instead of a 4-3 line. I had a couple eels prized in some of my matches and killed me in consistency.

Took out Tool Scrapper and Energy Retreival. I never used them once in any of my matches and seemed to be not necessary at all. I replaced them with an Super Rod and another L energy. In Ray eels you can never have enough energy to dispose of into your discard. And Super Rod is handy to get your fire back when they take out emolga or Ray ex. Also handy when you need an eel back late game.

Let me know what you guys think of my updates.

*And for those Garbodor

+2 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Ultra Ball
- 1 Skyla/Colress/Bianca
I find that ray-eels is very flexible with only 3 ultra ball, and i would only run 13 supporters, because i find myself drawing to many, and i run dowsing machine, so it helps with my 13 supporters
Ray-eels needs 2 tool scrapper, because Rayquaza gets to discard 3 energies for ko
And for those, they have begun to become popular again!!

Pikachu:P said:
*And for those Garbodor

+2 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Ultra Ball
- 1 Skyla/Colress/Bianca
I find that ray-eels is very flexible with only 3 ultra ball, and i would only run 13 supporters, because i find myself drawing to many, and i run dowsing machine, so it helps with my 13 supporters
Ray-eels needs 2 tool scrapper, because Rayquaza gets to discard 3 energies for ko

I haven't found garbodor to be a threat in all the leagues I have been playing in. And why choose dowsing machine over comp search? Comp search can search out more supporters and it comes in clutch when you need that certain card.

I see tool scrapper as a item card only used in darkrai decks due to the open space in the deck list. Ray eels has limited space and tool scrapper in my opinion brings lack of consistency. I like having to many supporters. Ray eels needs to be a fast deck

Pikachu:p Wrote:
*And for those Garbodor
+2 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Ultra Ball
- 1 Skyla/Colress/Bianca
I haven't found garbodor to be a threat in all the leagues I have been playing in. And why choose dowsing machine over comp search? Comp search can search out more supporters and it comes in clutch when you need that certain card.

I see tool scrapper as a item card only used in darkrai decks due to the open space in the deck list. Ray eels has limited space and tool scrapper in my opinion brings lack of consistency. I like having to many supporters. Ray eels needs to be a fast deck

Then I would still say, drop an ultra ball, for a tool scrapper, because doing 180 to an ex is better then having to discard 4 energies.
And for the garbodor, they have become a bit more popular

Pikachu:P said:
Pikachu:p Wrote:
*And for those Garbodor
+2 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Ultra Ball
- 1 Skyla/Colress/Bianca

Then I would still say, drop an ultra ball, for a tool scrapper, because doing 180 to an ex is better then having to discard 4 energies.
And for the garbodor, they have become a bit more popular

Still have not seen garbador in any of the leaguesI have played in.....

And why run only 1 Tool Scrapper? If you really needed it in a pinch, it would mean you would have to top deck it or have a skyla to search for it (which means it ruins your turn if you needed a draw support). I would rather discard 4 energy and keep my consistency then add only 1 tool scrapper for a low useage.

Back