Discussion Rebirth of Primal Groudon

asdjklghty

-------------
So Primal Groudon had brief success at LCs all the way until Worlds. However since then, he's fallen by the wayside. One of the reasons besides Grass Weakness is the inability to damage Regice and Pokemon that have attacks that prevent damage done to it. With the upcoming release of Twisted Spoon
Twisted Spoon – Trainer

Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

Prevent all effects of attacks, except damage, done to the Pokemon this card is attached to (effects already on this Pokemon are not removed).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Primal Groudon can attack anything now. I also have been testing Standard format Primal Groudon with Delinquent and it really help stall.

Will these give him a resurgence? I know Primal Groudon's Weakness will never be resolved in Standard (dead drawing. Tropical Beach really helps).

EDIT: RESISTANCE BLIZARD WILL STILL WORK. NOTHING.

I don't think Twisted Spoon ends up preventing Regice, since the Spoon only prevents attack effects on the Pokemon the card is attached to (i.e. the Defending Pokemon), however Regice affects itself (i.e. the Attacking Pokemon). It'd be a different case in regards to something like Kyurem-EX AOR's Ice Calibur attack, which affects the Defending Pokemon.

Back