• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiPhlosion (HGSS-on) [Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime]-------------------BR TOMORROW MORNING!

xPOKEFREAK72x

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everybody.
Please help me with this deck to make it the best it can be for my Battle Roads. Post any comments/questions/changes you have regarding my list. Thanks.

Deck List (60 Cards):

Pokemon (17):
4 Reshiram (BW)
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime (HS-HS-HS)
1-1 Ninetales (HS)
1 Cleffa (HS)

T/S/S (31):
4 Junk Arm (TR)
4 Pokemon Communication (HS)
3 Rare Candy (UL)
3 PlusPower (BW)
3 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
4 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS)
4 Pokemon Collector (HS)
2 Professor Juniper (BW)
2 Cheren (BW)
2 Sage's Training (CL)

Energy (12):
10 {R} Energy (HS)
2 Rescue Energy (TR)

Strategy:
Try to set up as many Typhlosion Prime as possible, while Reshiram in active. Set up Ninetales if need be.

Options:
Here are some cards I could use in my deck:
~1 Tyrogue
~1 Zekrom
~0 Ninetales

Changes:
-1 Dual Ball
-1 Cheren
-1 Juniper
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Sage's Training

-2 Fire Energy
+2 Rescue Energy

Thank you in advance.

RE: ReshiPhlosion (HGSS-on) [Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime]

I would do
-1 PONT
-1 Dual Ball

you dont need that many draw supporters and 1 dual ball isnt too good
and I would do
+1-1 ninetails
More consistent and helps if one is prized

The thing is, I don't really want to rely too heavily on Ninetales. I feel that it is only in my decklist as a backup. If someone can convince me (and Senior Division World Champion Christopher Kan!) to add more Ninetales, I might just do it :p.

Also, Dual Ball helps when I don't have a Collector and I already played a Supporter during my turn. Also, if I am in need of a Reshiram late game, I can Junk Arm for the previously used Duall Ball.

Thanks for your feedback though!

No no no, 1-1 Ninetales is splendid. I wouldn't consider running it at all, and instead bumping up your Supporter line.

Sage's Training is great in this deck. It may not seem good, but looking at the top 5 cards can save you instead of having to discard a hand with Juniper. I personally think Sage's > Juniper after some convincing about it, but I think the wise option would be this:

- 1 Professor Juniper
- 1 Cheren
- 1 Dual Ball

+ 2 Sage's Training
+ 1 Pokemon Collector

1 Dual Ball is a no-no, since you always need the T1 Collector. 2 Cheren is enough, and so is 2 Juniper. Try Sage's because I think it is superior to Juniper in many situations.

If you want to take out the Ninetales, I suggest adding one more Sage's and either an Engineer's Adjustments or another Juniper, but it's up to you.

Hope this helped.

You guys have got to be kidding me. Ninetales is the lifeblood of this deck. Its the reason the deck works and is so consitent. If you take out the ninetales, you take away the deck's primary advantage and make it like all of the others out there with no draw power. I'd run no less than 2-2. Espeically with catcher in the format. My list runs 3-3.

+1-1 Ninetales
-1-0-1 Typhlosion (4-2-4 just seems like overkill)

Also, I'd really try and fit some catchers in there somehow. Maybe:

-1 plus power
-1 Cheren or Juniper (with the fact that you boosted ninetales in mind)
+2 Catcher

-1 typhlosion. 4-2-3 lines work well because you can afford to lose one to catcher. I'd ditch ninetales all together. You need something to counter beartic. He is going to be huge at battle roads and still probably exist to some small extent later. I suggest Tornadus because it also shields against donphan, who gives Reshiram a little trouble as you need 2 plus power to OHKO it. I'd Also add DCE to accelerate Tornadus. So are my overall suggestions

-1-1 ninetales
-1 dual ball
-1 Typhlosion

+2 Tornadus
+2 DCE

adamisclassy said:
-1 typhlosion. 4-2-3 lines work well because you can afford to lose one to catcher. I'd ditch ninetales all together. You need something to counter beartic. He is going to be huge at battle roads and still probably exist to some small extent later. I suggest Tornadus because it also shields against donphan, who gives Reshiram a little trouble as you need 2 plus power to OHKO it. I'd Also add DCE to accelerate Tornadus. So are my overall suggestions

-1-1 ninetales
-1 dual ball
-1 Typhlosion

+2 Tornadus
+2 DCE

Now how does Tornadus counter Beartic at all? Reshiram can hit Beartic for 120 damage, Tornadus can hit it or 80 damage. Clearly, I'd much rather hit Beartic for 120 damage. If you are worried about Beartic you can simply run a 1-1 Dodrio line, which lets you switch between Reshiram for free so you can kill the Beartic.

@amisheskimoninja: If you like Catcher bait, then go ahead and run Ninetales. 3 Sage's, 2 Juniper, and a Blue Flare T3 can all get that energy in the discard for Typhlosion. A 1-1 Ninetales is cool, but if you're worried about Catcher, then just don't run it.

@adamisclassy: What? 4-2-3 is a little iffy because running a 4-2-4 makes it plain consistent. With a 4-2-4 you can afford to discard one early game to get other Typhlosions out. With only 3, there's the worry of prizing 1/2, which will make you prioritized to get Typhlosions with Sage's/Communication, which slows down the set-up (because you can be discarding important stuff).

Don't run two Tornadus. Run one if Donphan is heavy in your area, if anything. All of you guys already made suggestions, but definitely do these:

-1 Dual Ball
-1 Cheren
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Sage's Training

Sage's helps you get Fire into the Discard Pile, and you gotta go with that T1 Collector as Yoshidude mentioned.

I'm leaning more to the 2-2 Ninetales as well, because that's your draw power. (It's not Catcher bait if you don't play a second Vulpix...)

@ Yoshidude10- Thank you for realizing 1-1 Ninetales is good, because too much will just be catcher bait, and 4-2-4 Typhlosion line is a smart play. It seems as though you are the only one understanding my choices :D.

@ amisheskimoninja- Ninetales is good, but I just don't see 3-3 or even 2-2 happening. When running enough Supporters, you won't even need Ninetales. Also, I think you might have missed it, but Catcher is already in the deck :p.

@ adamisclassy & Dark Void- I don't like Tornadus, and don't really expect to be seeing a lot of Beartic. I'm going to have to leave it out. Thanks though.

@ EspeonROX- I'm probably going to go with these changes:

-1 Dual Ball
-1 Cheren
-1 Juniper
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Sage's Training

That would make it a 2/2/2 Sage/Juniper/Cheren split. LMK how you guys feel. Thanks!

adamisclassy said:
You need something to counter beartic. He is going to be huge at battle roads and still probably exist to some small extent later.
In my opinion no "Beartic counter" is nessecary. if you happen to be against one then why not simply retreat reshiram, take up another reshiram (hopefully have 2 Typhlosion P), afterburn 2 times and then attach an energy from your hand to the active reshiram. If beartic can't be knocked out then simply give the active reshiram an energy from your hand, retreat take up the first (or another) reshiram, afterburn 2 times again and then outrage for 40 dmg. That should do the job.

@ xPOKEFREAK72x
Np :)
BTW i don't know about cleffa: first, you got one, which means that you will most likely not start with it (or even get it). Second, if you actually happen to get it Pokémon Catcher will make Sweet Sleeping Face useless. And last, you got 4 PONT, so i don't think it's worth running it.
I don't really know what to put in instead... Maybe a Sage's Training (it really fits in this deck) or an energy.

IDK, Cleffa helps out some times. I think running 1 is worth it.

MY BR IS ON SATURDAY!!! HELP EVERYBODY!!!

I personly dislike Sage's Training, sure it can get Fire energys in the discard, but what about when your forced with a tough choice on what good cards you will be discarding? I'd take out both of them for 2 more Professor Juniper, or at least one more Juniper and something else you'd want in there.

The aura is with me8
But Professor Juniper might force you to discard a useful card as well.

Exactly. Also, if I have a good hand already, I won't want to juniper it for another hand (that might be bad).

Back